What Can You Accomplish in 30 Days?
30 Day challenges are popular ways to either learn something new, accomplish a specific goal, or establish a new habit.
One of my favorite tarot friends, Mark McElroy, wrote a book called Whatâ€™s in the Cards for You. It is a 30 Day Experiment that helps you determine how YOU best relate to the cards and how you can use the cards that fits best with your natural characteristics, talents, and beliefsâ€¦all based on the experience of 30 days. And it happens to be on sale right now. You can buy it HERE.
What Can You Do in 1 Day?
You can ask â€śwhy?
In addition to this overall goal of Mark’s book, you can break down each day and learn a handy tarot tip to add to your tool kit for readings. Here is one I like.
Many people like to ask â€śwhy?â€ť We seek understanding and closure. We want to wrap up an experience in a tidy package. Or we want to understand the situation so we can change it.
For the experiment, Mark says to compose a Why question. If you donâ€™t have one, he gives examples:
- Why couldnâ€™t I come up with my own Why question?
- Why am I having so much trouble losing weight?
- Why I am angry (happy/sad/nervous/rushed) all the time?
- Why do the networks keep airing such inane television all the time?
- Why donâ€™t other appreciate my genius?
- Why do people who ask so many â€śwhy questionsâ€ť tend to come across as whiny?
- Why are men so resistant to stopping and asking directions?
- Why do women ask questions like, â€śWhat are you thinking about?â€ť
Mark suggests drawing three cards, but Iâ€™d say draw either one or three, depending on your reading style. Use the cards drawn to craft an answer that begins â€śBecauseâ€¦.â€ť
After you have recorded your answer, take it further by asking the following questions:
- How does the insight from my Why question impact me?
- How can I put this insight into action?
- What is something I can do today to have impact on the subject of my Why question?