Pisces, The Fish
February 19 to March 20
Keywords: Creative, romantic, sensitive, self-indulgent, lazy, intuitive, dreamy, artistic, sympathetic
As a Pisces you are flexible and adapting to just about any situation (though this can be both a positive and a negative). Sensitive and compassionate, you take pains to ensure the welfare of others, though sometimes to the detriment to your own welfare. You have great creativity, which can manifest itself in any number of ways, from art to ideas. You inspire others. You are idealistic and trusting, looking for the best in everyone; just be careful not to be taken advantage of.
The home life of a Pisces is often chaotic, filled with unexpected visitors and friends when you wanted peace and quiet, but this is due to the fact that your home is a center of communication. As a parent you may be a tad over-protective, and may need to learn how to step back and let children have their own experiences, however imperfect. Pisces individuals dislike being alone and seek out lasting romantic relationships, though for this reason you may hang on to a relationship longer than necessary. You could do well with a Virgo (your opposite sign) or with one of the other earth signs, Taurus and Capricorn. Fellow water signs Cancer and Scorpio could also make good matches, but life with a Gemini or a Sagittarius could upset the stability you crave. Instead of a large circle of acquaintances, you prefer an intimate circle of close friends, who will stand by you throughout the years.
When it comes to careers, Pisceans aren’t likely to be happy sitting behind a desk, unless you have the opportunity learn and travel. You may need to come to terms with the fact that there is no “perfect” career, and that constantly searching out new opportunities is not the answer. You can have a positive impact on may people in your day to day work, bringing out the best in yourself and your coworkers. As a manager, you may be too trusting, however. You have excellent earning potential, but also a tendency to splurge. Lean to conserve and budget, as these skills will serve you well. You could benefit from an inheritance or other major gift from friends or relatives.
Your creative outlets and artistic pursuits keep you centered, and a hobby could always turn into a career.
For the year ahead:
Affirmation: I rise above petty issues by seeing the big picture.
- Jupiter began the year in Cancer, your fifth house, where it will be until July 14. During this time you may notice a host of domestic blessings and happiness. Once Jupiter enters Leo (and your sixth house of work) in mid-July, the focus will shift to your job/career.
- Uranus continues its seven-transit of Aries, your second house, where it will be until 2018. This means that there will be a lot of attention paid to your personal finances and your spending habits. Uranus, planet of the unexpected, could trigger both expenses and windfalls when you least expect them.
- Saturn spends most of 2013 in Scorpio, your ninth house. This brings attention to travel, learning, and possible career changes and advancement. This is a good time to take a class or learn about a new culture.
- Neptune, your planetary ruler, continues its long transit of Pisces (through 2025). This will be a period of regenerating your faith and self-esteem, though you do need to be careful so that you are not taken advantage of.
- Pluto spends the entire year in Capricorn, where it will transit until 2024. This emphasis on your eleventh house will make your friends a prominent part of your life during these years. This planetary influence is also positive for creating change.