Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Stephanie S. Larsen, author of the new Discover Your Master Chakra.
Here are some non-conventional ways to raise the vibration of the root chakra. This chakra handles our physical well-being and also our communication with spirit in terms of intuition. For more on those topics, check out my book, Discover Your Master Chakra, and the first chapter.
- Certain types of dance, such as Zumba and Mariachi, focus your root chakra in its proper place within your body. I would also argue that watching such dance, or listening to the music, would encourage the root chakra in the right direction. Don’t just passively take it in, though. Really connect. Realize how the music connects with your life, and your internal feelings, as you listen.
- Working outside for long periods of time, such as in a garden or on a fence, or on a farm, will also help your root chakra realize its place in the natural world, and this will benefit you for the duration those negative ions last within your energy field. (The body must have more negative than positive ions in it to be “grounded,” and we get negative ions from direct contact with the planet.)
- Doing things for others with the intent to build or create something allows your root chakra’s spiritual side to come to the forefront and helps you access further dimensions and the energetic complexity needed to re-energize and even, eventually, evolve. These intents (and the actions that follow) also help the teeth. If you are having issues with your teeth, help other people with projects that care. This is a more abstract treatment of the root chakra; however, the root chakra does channel build and drive, in community with others, with ease and grace.
- Eating fruits, nuts, and whole grains will tend to place your focus in the middle of your body. Eating vegetables and nuts without grains will center you in a mindset related to physical strength. Grains tend to pull us towards upper chakras, though not always (rye doesn’t). Each food we eat relates to a chakra and the energetic vibrational resonance will take us there. Red foods, such as chili and apples, can also help.
- Finally, cleansing the root chakra of its energetic issues is a good way to increase its resonance with optimal health and wellness of all kinds. In this way, cleaning out your closet and working on your car will connect you with more clarity for the root. Moving forward with job issues (getting them resolved and out of the way) or focusing on your goals will help your root chakra come into alignment with source.
I recommend focusing on these activities, when you do them, by keeping in mind that you’re helping your root chakra. You can also set a specific intention to assist you by saying, “As a child of the universe, I intend to ___________________ in service to my root chakra, so that it can be the best that it can be.” Thank you, universe!
Our thanks to Stephanie for her guest post! For more from Stephanie S. Larsen, read her article “How Money Flows at the Sacral and Heart Chakras.”