November/December 2016 / Gift Guide Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
Spiritual Nature of Numbers
This article was written by David Allen Hulse on May 15, 2002
posted under Numerology
Beyond the visible divinatory interpretations of numerology, pioneer
Madame Blavatsky, in her Secret Doctrine, gives the mystery-language symbols for the first nine numbers.
1. A living, standing being, divine, celestial
2. Imperfect state, fall, branching
3. Mystery, spiritual man, triangle
4. Immortality, physical, matter, animal
5. Disorder, confusion, universe, the five limbs of man
6. Earth asleep during autumn, winter; the world ready to be animated by spirit
7. Earth awake during spring, summer; life eternal; man as spiritual and physical
8. Eternal, spiral motion of cycles
9. Incessant reproduction, multiplication
Aleister Crowley and Paul Foster Case have given a Qabalistic-tarot oriented interpretation of the symbolic use of numbers.
1. The point, spirit
2. The point distinguishable from one other, change
3. The point defined by relation to two others, fertilized idea
4. Matter, solidification
5. Motion (time), storm and stress
6. Self-conscious, center
7. Bliss, degeneration
8. Thoughts, correction of previous error
9. Being, crystallization of energy
1. Beginning, initiative, unity
2. Dualism, reflection, receptivity
3. Multiplication, development, growth
4. order, measurement, classification
5. Mediation, adaption, activity
6. Balance, harmony
7. Rest, safety, security
8. Rhythm, vibration, alternate cycles
9. Completion, attainment, realization
Sepharial and Isidore Kozminsky offer in their writings variations on the meanings modern numerology assigns to the numbers 1 through 9.
1. Manifestation, assertion, positive, active
2. Antithesis, witness, confirmation, dualism
3. Volition, procedure. Penetration
4. Reality, expansion, experience, classification
5. Expansion, comprehensive, judgment, increase
6. Cooperation, marriage, communion, sympathy
7. Completion, duration, stability, perfection
8. Dissolution, revolution, separation, inspiration
9. Regeneration, spirituality, dreaming, mystery
1. Ambition, intention, passion
2. Death, destruction, fatality
3. Destiny, faith, soul, religion
4. Strength, power, wisdom, solidity
5. Marriage, pleasure, happiness, the stars
6. Perfect labor
7. Ideal happiness, freedom, rest, way of life
8. Protection, justice
9. Anxiety, imperfection, grief
The source for all these diverse meanings for the number series of modern numerology is the ancient number lore of the Chinese, Hellenistic and Semitic esoteric traditions. Chinese Taoism allocated a lucky or unlucky quality to the first nine numbers. The Pythagoreans gave us philosophical titles to interpret these same nine numbers, while the Hebrew rabbinical mystics described the Tree of Life as a set of mystical titles for the number series.
People want to be happy, feel loved, be safe, enjoy abundance and prosperity, and increase intuition, and have the ability to express who they truly are. With crystal clear focus, you can be and feel fulfilled once you establish an intention and maintain positive thoughts. Your imagination plays a powerful part in this adventure—the... read this article
Most recent posts:
If You're So Powerful, Why Aren't You Rich?
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Aaron Leitch, author of several books, including Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires, The Angelical...Manifest Love, Health, and Money using the Crystal Intentions Oracle
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Margaret Ann Lembo, author of Chakra Awakening; The Essential Guide to Crystals, Minerals, and Stones;...Developing Psychic Skills
Tarot Interactions by Deborah Lipp
Many people want to improve their psychic skills when reading the cards. Deborah Lipp provides an exercise...