Link to this Article: http://www.llewellyn.com/encyclopedia/article/226
Practical Applications of Hypnosis
This article was written by William Hewitt on May 29, 2002
posted under Hypnosis
- Stop smoking
- Weight controlói.e. adhere to a proper diet
- Relaxation and stress management
- Self-image improvement, which in my judgment is the most valuable of all uses.
- Overcome Phobias: Fear of height; fear of flying; fear of fire; fear of enclosed places; fear of darkness; fear of anything. This is a valuable use of self-hypnosis.
- Business and Work Situations: Gain self-confidence; improve memory; overcome shyness; tone down over-aggressiveness; learn manners; become more sociable; etc.
- Group Situations: Overcome stage fright; learn to speak comfortably and effectively in front of a group; learn to be at ease in a group; learn to speak up.
- Elderly People: Overcome feelings of uselessness; learn to feel worthwhile and important; overcome aches and pains; deal effectively with frustrations; learn to live life to the fullest at any age; open your creative mind more fully.
- Injury and Healing: Speed our healing processes.
- Habit Control: Eliminate any undesirable habitónail biting; picking your nose; being rude, etc. Establish any good habitóbeing on time for appointments; saying Thank You, etc.
- Prison Inmates: Put your mind to constructive endeavors; create a better attitude; enhance skills; and much more.
- Handicapped Persons: Learn to overcome your handicap and develop your abilities to their greatest potential.
- Consult with Higher Power: This is a spiritual experience that can be phenomenal. Self-hypnosis opens the door to communication with Higher Power.
- Shut-Ins: Learn to use your mind to pass time in a constructive way using self-hypnosis. Get rid of the bad weather blahs by creating your own Sun within your spirit.
The preceding uses of self-hypnosis are just the tip of a very large iceberg. Self-hypnosis is literally the key that can unlock nearly any door you wish. The only limits to your use of self-hypnosis are the limits you choose to set yourself. Otherwise, the sky is the limit.
For some of you, the buddy system will offer the greatest of possibilities and enjoyment. This is where you and a buddy, or buddies, use hypnosis among yourselves on each other. In this way you all learn together at a faster pace, and have the enjoyment of sharing and participating in each others successes.
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Encyclopedia articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions