Link to this Article: http://www.llewellyn.com/encyclopedia/article/25728
How to See Your Own Aura
This article was written by Joe H. Slate and Carl Llewellyn Weschcke on March 30, 2011
posted under Aura
Introduction. Seeing your own aura has huge benefits for personal health management and advancing your Psychic Development and Self Empowerment.
- Stand in front of a mirror at least eighteen inches away, further if possible.
- Place yourself with a white or neutral color surface visible in the mirror behind you.
- Relax, breathe deeply, and sway gently from side to side.
- Focus on the texture of the surface on the wall behind you. Again, a shiny object such as a thumb tack placed strategically on the wall can facilitate the process.
- As you stare past the outline of your head and shoulders, you will see the envelope of light around your body move with you as you rock gently.
- Remember to breathe normally.
- Lighting should be subdued, neither too bright nor too dark.
- Color of clothing is unimportant, although Robert Bruce says the colors have their own aura and can skew the observation. Nudity, or neutral colors, will avoid such distortion when viewing the aura about the body.
Some people experience more difficulties than others in seeing the aura, particularly their own. Sometimes it is helpful to close your eyes and visualize an aura about your head and shoulders, or of the body as a whole if viewing in a full length mirror, and then attempt to hold that visual image when you open your eyes.
Visualization is a powerful stimulus to the psychic faculty.
The visualized self-image can be the final step before a willed out-of-body experience. Just take that step, and be the visualized body.
Summary of Purpose & Benefit: Personal health management and a forward step toward projecting the astral body.
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Encyclopedia articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions