November/December Gift Guide 2015 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store†and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
Using Feng Shui to Enhance Romance
This article was written by Maria Shaw
posted under Astrology
Using the ancient art of Feng Shui is a unique tool to attract love and romance. More and more people are delving into the study and how it can help them create passion in their current relationships or draw their heart's desire. Here are a few tips to use in your bedroom (the romance area of your home) to make sure Cupid finds you! Check the Art in your Bedroom
- Decorate Your Room in the Color Pink
Shades of pink helps draw love to you easily and create a romantic mood. Red, used sparingly, can be a sexy, bold color that creates passion or help draw a new lover.
Replace any photos, sculptures, or art of single people or figures. Replace them with happy couples. This simple change will help draw a wonderful partner!
No TV Please
Keep the TV out of the bedroom. Any electronic equipment should be placed in the office or other area of the home. A TV in the bedroom is not conducive to romance.
Think of sensual, soft, bedding when selecting pillows, sheets, and comforters. Any type of bedding that creates a cozy environment is great for the bedroom. So whether you choose, satin, silk, pretty pink, or red hot cotton, think luxury!
The Size of Your Bed Matters!
Snoozing on a king-size doesn't encourage romance. There's too much space. Sleeping on a huge mattress won't encourage intimacy. Invest in a full-size or a queen.
When you get rid of clutter, you are making room for romance. If you are single, create an empty space in your closet for a future lover's things. If attached, make room in your drawers and closets so there is equal space for both you and your partner's belongings
Feng Shui experts say having your bed up against a wall, pushes away your chance for love. You should have your bed positioned so there is enough space to walk on either side.
Buy chunks of rose quartz and place it in your bedroom. This stone is known to draw love into your life, increase self love, and help heal a broken heart.
Don't display family and kid photos in the bedroom. This is said to hinder your sex life. Put them in the living or family room where they belong!
You should discard or put away photos and momentous of old flames. Gifts and anything with the ex's energy on it keeps new love at bay.
Exercise Equipment in the Bedroom is a No-No
The bedroom is for loving, not work. A treadmill or workout machine in the bedroom makes your relationship exhausting.
Set the Moodóthe Mood in the Bedroom is Important, Too
Light scented candles and drape your lamps in sheer fabrics or lace. Keep lighting soft. Play romantic music. Keep romance novels on your night stand. Place "happy" photos of you and your honey on the dresser. Remove any clutter and keep clothes picked up off the floor. When you create a romantic environment you will draw the same energy to you!
Enhance Your Chance for Romance with Color!
If youíre looking for love, start by taking a good look in your closet. Did you know the clothes you wear can attract love to you? Likewise, certain colors in clothing can cause lovers to stay away too. Your color choices could slash your chance for romance Some colors say ďIím lovableĒ while others give an impression that youíre not even approachable:
- Pink is all about love, like we mentioned earlier. Youíll easily draw ďamourĒ to you. Itís so romantic. Pinks in all hues, from rose to fuchsia are ďlove-friendly." Pink helps you in regard to being open to giving and receiving love.
- Green is a people pleasing color. It wonít kick your love life up a notch but will help heal a broken heart. If youíre depressed, green will make you feel better!
- Blue is the color of peace and understanding. It has a calming effect. Others will feel at ease and comfortable around you. They are drawn to your gentle nature. Blue helps you relax.
- Yellow is the color of communication. Wear it when you need extra courage to ask someone out. On a date, it helps conversation flow. Youíll know just what to say and how to say it. Ask for favors and talk out problems in a relationship.
- Purple draws your soul mate! Itís a spiritual color and considered lucky. Youíll feel optimistic about love and life when wearing it.
- Red is the color of passion. Itís sexy. It creates sensual energy. Red will be sure to get you noticed.
- Orange is the color of joy and attraction. Wear orange if youíre feeling down about a breakup or disappointed in love. Itís flirty and fun!
- Gold will make you sparkle and shine. Wear it to a party and dazzle everyone in the room!
- Gray shouldn't be worn unless you mingled with other colors. Gray is the color of sickness, especially the lighter shades. Itís a depressing color.
- Black is mysterious, darkly seductive, and smoldering. To some it says, ďStay away. Iím in mourning.Ē To others it says ďIím mysterious and intriguing."
- Best Colors To Attract Love: Bright pink, royal purple, and softer shades of red
- Sexy Colors: Fire engine red, midnight black, and shimmery gold
- Colors Not to Wear: Pea green, taupe, periwinkle, maize, or brown
Maria Shaw (Michigan) is a professional astrologer, intuitive, and author. She is the host of the bi-monthly radio show, Affairs of the Heart,on Citadel's WIOG 102.5FM in Michigan and has appeared on such shows as VH-1 All Access: Serial... Read more
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
A few years ago, my youngest son was arguing with his friend about the age of Honey, our wild golden retriever. His friend insisted that Honey was five, because the dog had been alive that many years. Said Gabe, "Sometimes Honey is really one, like when he chews our shoes; sometimes he's 89, like when he pretends he's too old to listen when you... read this article
Most recent posts:
A Fresh View of Judgement
In my opinion, the Judgement card needs a rename as much as the Hierophant. It is such an important card and so many people seem to misunderstand it....Wishing On a Falling Star: My Favorite Chakra
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Cyndi Dale, author of a number of books, including The Complete Book of Chakra Healing and the new...Thank you, Carl
Letís start by saying I canít believe Iím writing another remembrance on this blog. Iíve lost too many authors in the 10 years Iíve worked for...