November/December 2016 / Gift Guide Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
Creating Your Psychic Shield
This article was written by Llewellyn
posted under Psychic
- Sit in a comfortable, quiet place. Take the phone off the hook.
- With your eyes closed, go to your basic psychic level.
- Allow your body to appear in your mental awareness.
- Create a bright, powerful, positive light and allow it to completely envelop your body.
- Say to yourself, “This powerful, positive light is my protective psychic shield.”
- “This light will repel all negative energies from programming my mind.”
- “This light will allow only positive energies to program my mind.”
- “This protective psychic shield will be with me always, from now on.”
- “From now on I will be keenly aware of all negative thoughts I may have.”
- “I will cancel my negative thoughts by mentally or verbally saying ‘NO! I do not want this thought’. The energy from the negative thought will be canceled by a balancing positive energy.”
- Open your eyes.
I recommend that you go to your basic psychic level and call your body with its psychic shield to your mental awareness the day after you do this programming. If your body appears along with the shield of light, say “This is what I want. Thank you.” Open your eyes. You should not have to reprogram your shield
again unless you have destroyed it by a habitual pattern of negative thinking.
However, if the shield does not appear when you call your body into your awareness, repeat the exercise to create the shield.
Once your body and shield appear when you call them into your mental awareness, you no longer have to reprogram the shield. Reprogram only if the shield does not appear along with your body.
Get in the habit of always saying “No” to yourself whenever you create a negative thought, and immediately force yourself to think some positive thought.
A good way to force a positive thought is to memorize a favorite positive quotation for your use. Select such a quotation and have it handy in your mind to cancel out negative thought patterns.
“Every day in every way I am getting better and better” is a good quotation to use to cancel out negative thought.
I have a number of favorite quotations that I repeat to myself every day just to keep myself tuned up and in a positive frame of mind. You might want to do the same.
From Psychic Development for Beginners, by William W. Hewitt
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
The mighty dead, divination, and portals to other worlds… there are so many places to celebrate Samhain in the northeastern United States…
The cooler weather, the colorful leaves, and, as the memes say, "Pumpkin everything!" Like so many witches, autumn is my favorite season, and Samhain, my favorite Sabbat. As a child I loved... read this article