Link to this Article: http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/1776
Mental Intuitive: Syncronicity
This article was written by Sherrie Dillard
posted under Self-Help
Mental intuitives enjoy investigating and learning and do well with complexity and multilevel thinking. Astrology, numerology, and the I Ching are a few of the systems whose methods they can use to understand and organize the world around them. An exercise that a mental intuitive does well with uses synchronicity. It allows the mind to think, but it takes the thought to higher levels of awareness.
It is necessary to do this exercise with a number of books close by. Begin this exercise by writing down a concern or question. You may have more than one pressing issue; if this is so, write them all down and then select the one question or concern that seem the most important.
From Discover Your Psychic Type: Developing and Using Your Natural Intuition, by Sherrie Dillard
- Close your eyes and meditate on this question. Let any stress, fear, concern, expectation, or excitement you have about the question surface. Take a few long, deep breaths and release any stress you have as you exhale. Continue breathing and releasing, focusing on the breath. As you breathe, imagine a protective white light enveloping you. This light begins to form a bubble that completely surrounds you allow only what is in your highest good to enter your aura or come close to you. As you sit within this bubble of protective light, you can ask your guides, your Higher Self, or the divine to assist you. Ask for guidance, for the highest good to be revealed to you. Imagine you are releasing this concern to the highest good. Try to detach from the outcome and ask to be led or guided.
- When you feel that you have, as much as possible, released the question to a Higher Power, open your eyes. You are surrounded by books. Pick up the book that you feel most drawn to and open it at random. Allow your eyes to be drawn to a certain page, to a particular paragraph or passage make sense at the first reading. Do not pick up another book, or another page or passage. Instead, sit quietly, close your eyes, and ask your guides to help you to understand what you’ve just read.
- You will most likely be tempted to try and interpret the passage with your logic-driven consciousness. Try to resist this temptation.
- Now breathe, go back into meditation, and listen for your guidance. Mental intuitives can open their mind and experience higher influences. Try to remain open to the experience, without expecting guidance to come in any particular form. Often the guidance that we receive comes in the form of feelings such as comfort, love, and safety. Guidance may come to you as a memory, perhaps an event during which you learned something about yourself or life. You might also receive thoughts, or block of knowing.
- There is a feeling, a moment of transcendence that often happens with this exercise. When you are in this higher state of awareness, you may feel expanded or in a dreamlike state of creative knowing. Write down your thoughts, feeling, and whatever else comes to you, even it if does not make sense or seems irrelevant. As you return to normal consciousness, what seemed obvious or conspicuous will fade away, and you may not fully understand the message for a few days or even weeks.
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions