Link to this Article: http://www.llewellyn.com/journal/article/701
Wiccan Full Moon Ritual for Lovers
This article was written on October 11, 2004 posted under Wicca
Magic is the art of using the whole of the natural and universal energies. To responsibly perform Wiccan magic, it's necessary to know the spiritual laws governing the material world. Many people choose to ignore these forces.
The expression "sexual magic" refers to the conscious use of sexual energy. Sexual magic is not about the absurd idea of linear intercourse, where both lovers go in search of something: orgasm. Orgasm is not just the feeling of relief generated when energy is unblocked. All energy unblocked produces pleasure, and is therefore welcome. But Wiccan sexual magic goes deeper than that.
Magical ecstasy is the experience of the sexual as a spiritual communion with our partners. This, in turn, allows us to merge with our inner divinity - with oneness, with our real and eternal selves. Extra-sensuous communication takes place during intercourse because the senses are heightened and perceive beyond the mundane.
A Wiccan erotic ritual can have a wonderful effect on a couple. An erotic ritual, experienced as an act of creativity and truthfulness, can forever change the way you make love.
For success and deep spiritual contact, the Wiccan couple must keep certain basic rules in mind. These rules can be flexiblejust like love. But it is important to remember that the whole universe starts with you, and self-knowledge is a building block in responsible magical workings. So, check out some of the basic rules below and make sure they all apply to your life:
- Create a sacred and magical place in your home.
- Familiarize yourself with your partnerís erogenous zones.
- Learn to meditate and visualize, so you are able to control mental and magical energy.
- Practice sexual creativity.
- Learn to free and harmonize your energy centers through meditation.
- Learn how physical, emotional, and mental energy feel and work.
- Do exercises to balance your energy centers.
- Practice visualization exercises to enhance your sexual energy.
- Study the symbols and colors that help deepen sexual magic.
- Make the most of the unconscious erotic energy through the knowledge of your dreams.
- Organize and balance your ideas and emotions so that the sexual blockages in your relationship disappear.
- Study Wiccan lore. Learn about the elements, symbols, spells, herbs, and celebrations important to Wiccans.
Sexual energy is the strongest energy we possess, but we often don't know how to handle it. If we haven't dealt with our sexual energy in a healthy way for a long time, it may split from the spiritual process. An obsessive mental process may be generated by this split, and that's why there are discordant behaviors in most relationships. It is important to know that sex is a sacred energy, and we must use it as a pure channel of boundless, divine love.
The purpose of sexual magic is to unify the divine within us. Sexual magic in generaland Wiccan erotic exercises in particularwill enable you to:
- Experience each meeting with your partner as unique
- Achieve complete authenticity and openness during intercourse
- Pay homage to the universe with each act of intercourse
- Create positive resonance in the relationship beyond the physical
- Feel the energy of love in the present moment, and thus understand a genuine sense of living
- Make your dreams about your relationship come true
- Experience the sacredness of sex
- Experience complete giving and create a divine relationship with your partner
Wiccan Full Moon Ritual for Lovers
Rituals are meant to nourish us, even those that are not formal in nature. The best ritual is aesthetically and spiritually simple and attractive. It is flexible and evokes all of our senses. A sexual ritual can be simple, but each act must be undertaken in a sacred manner.
The moon has feminine qualities. Full moon energy stimulates the following qualities in both men and women: It rules intuition, affection, and spirituality. It stands in response to life and states of mind. Since it relates to water energy and rules the tides, it guides changes, movement, and body rhythm in womenincluding pregnancy and physical life changes. Lunar energy affects the breast, ovaries, and digestive system.
Each month, the full moon creates a period of intensified energy and elevated spiritual activity.
Find a spot in your sacred space where you and your partner can watch the sky and the full moon. Light three white candles on your sacred altar and turn off the lights. Play some relaxing, mysterious, spiritually harmonious, mystical music.
Do a breathing or relaxation exercise as a couple.
Move softly to the rhythm of the music you selected, until you feel deeply relaxed. Once you are ready and have relaxed all your muscles, you can get started. Sit comfortably, in the lotus position if you wish.
First, stare at the full moon for a few minutes. Focus on your feelings and thoughts as you stare at the moon. Once you feel you have gazed long enough, close your eyes. You will probably still see an afterimage of the moon in your mind's eye. Imagine there is a ray of light coming from the moon towards you. The light enters the top of your head and travels through your body, bathing it in light.
Once you feel the light energy of the moon enter your body, visualize the white light of the moon as a spiral, penetrating and protecting the room where you are now sitting.
Once you have finished the meditation, thank the moon for Her power and Her love, and for the experience She granted you. Breathe in deeply three times and slowly open your eyes. Look at the full moon and repeat your thanks. You may then make a wish for the coming month.
Do this ritual before your erotic magic ritual. You can repeat it with your lover every day during the three days of the full moon. You can also do it during the waning moon.
The full moon shines light on a couple. This is a good time for creativity and for romantic encounters. Your body becomes altered and excited more readily than at other times of the month..
Let the moon, that Great Goddess, bless and protect your love.
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions