Between a rock and a hard paddle
Mandy Tanner and her fiancé Rob are leading an offseason rafting-climbing trip in Utah’s remote Canyonlands. Experienced guides, Mandy and Rob know they have to keep their cool after one of their group, Alex Anderson, appears to have become bear bait. Walled off from the outside world with eleven shell-shocked clients and miles of Colorado River whitewater ahead, Mandy’s nerves threaten to unravel when she learns that Alex’s death was not the work of a homicidal grizzly. Whether it was a crime of passion or the random act of a psychopath, Mandy fears that if they don’t root out the river rat among them, another camper will be running the rapids in a body bag.
“A remarkable book by an author who clearly knows and loves her territory. Don’t miss it!”—William Kent Krueger, New York Times bestselling author of the Cork O’Connor series
“Once again, Groundwater, mixing mystery with outdoor adventure, comes up with an excursion that will please most comers.”—Kirkus Reviews
“A thrilling journey . . . filled with river lore, vivid descriptions . . . and loving depictions of the varied characters.”—Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine
ADDITIONAL TITLES BY THIS AUTHOR
MEET THE AUTHOR
- 07-14-2013 - 07-14-2013 Beth Groundwater signing with Bonnie Biafore during "Mystery Weekend"
- 07-04-2013 - 07-04-2013 Beth Groundwater at a signing after the parade at The French Kiss
- 06-30-2013 - 06-30-2013 Beth Groundwater for a signing during South Pearl Street Farmers Market
- 06-22-2013 - 06-22-2013 Beth Groundwater at Barnes & Noble Booksellers
- 06-21-2013 - 06-21-2013 Beth Groundwater at Wine & Cheese Signing during Art Walk
- 06-20-2013 - 06-20-2013 Beth Groundwater at signing during Art Walk
- 06-15-2013 - 06-15-2013 Beth Groundwater at Signings During FIBArk Whitewater Festival
- 06-08-2013 - 06-08-2013 Beth Groundwater at Fundraiser Signing for Gore Range chapter of Trout Unlimited