These days, we can all use all the healing, light, and prayers we can get. One process I love to do to help those around me is to go within my mind to send healing light to my loved ones. In my latest book, Heal Your Ancestors to Heal Your Life, I discuss a process called Genealogical Regression. Instead of visiting our own past lives to get healing for ourselves, you can take the guided journeys in the book and time travel back to events that happened to your ancestors. Once you locate the event in need of healing, you send light to those areas and then watch while that transformational light sends a ripple effect through time that helps all your ancestors, your grandparents, parents, and, ultimately, yourself. The process takes a little time, of course, but even when you only have a couple of minutes, it’s super easy to make a major impact on those around you. Here’s a fun and simple process you can do anytime, anywhere:
- Use your imagination to envision your parents or other relatives in your mind.
- Allow whoever comes to mind first to be there. Know that whoever shows up is likely in need of some kind of healing at this very moment.
- Imagine that you can see a beam of white light pouring down into the top of their head. Allow the light to move through them and imagine you can notice when their whole body fills with light and they appear to look, sound, or feel better than they did when you started.
- If you have time, call on anyone else who pops into your mind. This could be your parents, other siblings, or extended relatives, or you may find someone who you’ve never met before shows up.
- Send light to them as well.
- Notice what you notice and repeat as needed.
It’s hard to imagine that such a simple thing can be so profound, but I promise you, it is! In Heal Your Ancestors to Heal Your Life, I also describe the process of forgiveness and how we can bless those who have wronged us (or in that case, those who have wronged our ancestors) and by extending grace and compassion to those souls, we lighten our path and create space for greater joy not only in our own lives, but in the lives of everyone we encounter.
Through the years of doing these processes myself and recommending them to clients, I’ve seen literal miracles unfold. People who weren’t speaking for years got back together. Blocks that seemed insurmountable suddenly disappeared. It’s absolutely amazing how powerful our mind and imagination can be when we use our super powers for good.
Although humanity often appears to be facing insurmountable challenges, I still believe that with focused efforts to extend compassion to others, we can change our world by spending minutes a day directing this kind of focus and light to each other.
I believe the world we all want to live in is going to emerge and it will blossom as our own consciousness shifts to a state of grace. Loving our family is a wonderful place to start!
Wishing you peace & joy on your path now and always! Namaste!
Our thanks to Shelley for her guest post! For more from Shelley A. Kaehr, PhD, read her article “How to Connect with Your Ancestors: Bring Light and Healing to Your Family in a Few Simple Steps.”