Guidelines for Performing Herb Magic
- The magician should be alone during spellcasting. The presence of others will only hurt the magician’s efforts. Some wait until the others in the house are asleep before casting their spells. (Many people temporarily turn off the phones and disconnect the smoke detector to ensure that they won’t be disturbed.)
- One spell at a time. Performing three different spells for three diverse magical needs on the same day will "confuse" the energies. Therefore, we usually work on just one magical goal.
- Herb magic is never performed for pay. This is an age-old rule.
- Herb magic can and should be done for ourselves. I find it surprising how many people are hesitant to practice magic for themselves. They usually state that they’d rather help others. While this is a noble goal, we must get our own lives together before we can be of real assistance to our friends and loved ones.
- Herb magic is never performed for a friend without first receiving her or his permission.
- The underlying motivation for all herb magic should be love.
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Encyclopedia articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions.