Once again, the holiday season is here. That means that it is also the time for warm gatherings, fanciful spreads of food, and (my personal favorite) gift giving! Whether you’re looking for gifts for the astrologer(s) in your life or for ideas to add to your own holiday wish list, I have some superb suggestions.
Llewellyn’s 2011 Calendars and Almanacs make the perfect gift for the astrologer of any level (and for the Virgos in your life, since they get an extra place to keep track of lists and appointments). With daily ephemeris and aspectarian data from 2010-2012, moon cycle information, horoscopes, dates for event planning or gardening, space for your dates and appointments, and so much more, Llewellyn’s 2011 calendars and almanacs make the coming year one to shine for all.
For the Beginning Astrologer:
For someone just beginning to delve into astrology, here are few stocking stuffer ideas:
- Joann Hampar’s Astrology for Beginners breaks down the language of the stars, making chart reading simple, informative, and fun. From angles and aspects to Sun signs and chart patterns, every major facet of your astrological chart is explained. Straightforward and practical, this astrology book teaches you the basics of chart interpretation in just six chapters.
- Looking for an easy understanding of your health, finances, love, travels, or family? Any one of the titles in Llewellyn’s Astrology Made Easy Series make great gifts, for yourself or for others. With the CD included with each book, you can easily generate comprehensive, insightful astrological reports. You don’t need to know anything about astrology to get started—just pop the CD in your computer, and start creating charts for yourself, your family, and your friends. Each report includes optimal times to meet goals or overcome challenges, and the areas of your life in which you’re likely to face obstacles or receive gifts from the universe.
- Llewellyn’s Complete Book of Astrology is another great place for new astrologers to start; the easiest way to learn astrology is to start with yourself, so popular astrologer Kris Brandt Riske has you begin by analyzing your own chart, allowing you to experience and understand astrology in a personally meaningful way. This makes it easier to understand and remember the basics as you begin to read the charts of others. The book also offers techniques for using astrology to identify the qualities you seek in an ideal mate, realize your career and financial potential, calculate your luck, and discover your inner strength.
- Predicting Events with Astrology, a new, expanded version by Celeste Teal, is filled with more valuable information on predictive astrology than ever before. This essential book offers additional forecasting tips and breakthrough methods for life’s anticipated adventures and choosing ideal times for planned events. With clear instruction, learn the essential elements of predictive astrology and learn how to delineate the progressed chart, and predict the circumstances surrounding love and marriage, romance, money, success, children and parenting, health, misfortune, death, and bereavement.
For the Romantic:
- Sally Cragin’s Astrological Elements explores all twelve Sun Signs through the four elements (fire, earth, air, and water), so that you can understand what to expect from each Sun Sign as a friend, boss, co-worker, spouse, child, romantic interest, and more. What’s more, you can see how all sign pairings get along as well as understand how your Sun Sign can point you toward your ideal career.
- Synastry explains every essential element of relationship analysis through synastry, a powerful tool for understanding the complex dynamics between two people. Astrologer Rod Suskin begins with the natal chart and focuses on the emotional needs of each partner, so you learn to recognize behavioral patterns, identify potential challenges, predict relationship longevity, and give practical advice for making your relationship work. Offering a step-by-step approach that blends classic and modern methods, this book will show you how to give accurate synastry readings with sensitivity and objectivity.
Still looking for other gifts? Browse Llewellyn’s complete selection of astrology books and reports, and you are sure to find the perfect present for any astrologer on your list. I wish you a warm holiday season, guided by the stars!