This spread, called Alive, Dead, and Undead, is from the Vampires Tarot of the Eternal Night book. It was created as a companion to the deck and thus pulls inspiration from the theme. However, most spreads can be used with any deck.
With autumn upon us, we often engage in more self-reflective readings, so this spread may be particularly useful for you in the next month or so, although it can be used anytime, of course.
For this reading, you will use just your court cards and just your Major Arcana cards. Keep them separate.
Shuffle your court cards however you like. Use these cards to draw for positions 1, 2, and 3.
Shuffle your Majors. Use these cards to draw for positions 4, 5, and 6.
1. Alive: what part of you is alive, vital, and strong? This aspect of your personality is currently playing an important role, for good or bad, in your life.
2. Dead: what part of you have you released or let go of? Is it something you wanted gone or something that you miss about yourself? Its absence is as important as its presence.
3. Undead: what part of you do you wish would go away but won’t? It haunts or torments you and perhaps creates havoc in your life.
Cards 4 – 6 contain messages for you about each of these aspects.
4: Is the part of you represented in card 1 playing a positive or negative role? How can you enhance, modify, or eliminate it (as appropriate)?
5. Is the part of you represented in card 2 something that was beneficial? Should you try to reclaim it? Was it something that you are glad to be rid of? How can fill the space left by it in a positive way?
6. How can you banish the part of you represented by card 3? Should it be banished or is it something that needs to be healed and integrated?