Many people want to improve their psychic skills when reading the cards. Deborah Lipp provides an exercise that helps clear the way for your psychic voice to emerge.
Exercise: Speed Reading
- Do this exercise with a companion as your querent. If you must work alone, speak out loud, as if to a querent. You can record your voice for noting in your journal later.
- Take a series of deep, calming breaths. Make sure you feel centered before you begin.
- Shuffle or mix your cards, and allow the process of shuffling to continue centering you.
- Lay down the first card and immediately begin speaking. Don’t let yourself pause for a breath. Say whatever comes to mind, whatever you remember about the card. Spend no more than ten to fifteen seconds on the card.
- Lay down he next card on top of, or next to, the first card. Remember, don’t stop to think, just keep talking.
- After you have laid down five to seven cards, put the deck down.
- Ask your querent what worked and what didn’t. Make notes in your journal.
- Repeat this exercise several times. Use it anytime you psychically clogged up to reconnect to a sense of spontaneity.