Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Margaret Ann Lembo, author of Chakra Awakening.
It seems to be a consistent question, “How do I use this rock to improve my life?” Crystals, rocks, and gemstones (used interchangeably here) are tools to stay focused on your goals and intentions. Have you noticed the incessant chatter that goes on in your mind about worrisome things? It happens to everyone, even those adept at meditation and self-awareness.
These sparkling treasures from deep within the earth are gifts to distract us from those troubling thoughts as they call us over to our heart’s desires with their luminous light. They remind you to focus on what you do want, not what you don’t want.
Simply carry a stone in your pocket, purse, or briefcase, or place it on your desk or in your pillow case at night before sleep. As you place the stone or stones on or around you, form the intention or thoughts as to why you are using that rock. If you want more love in your life, you may use a rose quartz. Need more self-confidence? Use a citrine. Every time you touch the stone, look at it, or think of it, remember why you are working with it and reaffirm your intention.
The rainbow of brilliant stones correlates directly to the energy centers of the body—the chakras. Each chakra holds belief systems, thought forms, and feelings stored on multiple levels—spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
In a little nutshell:
- Crown chakra: Selenite (divine connection, miracle worker, and channel)
- Third eye chakra: Lapis lazuli (intuition, spiritual sight, and meditation)
- Throat chakra: Angelite (communication, divine timing, angelic communication, and spirit guide awareness)
- Heart chakra: Green tourmaline (love, compassion, kindness, and tolerance)
- Solar plexus: Golden calcite (self-confidence, courage, joy, and enthusiasm
- Navel chakra: Carnelian (creativity, fertility, and realization of goals and intentions)
- Root chakra: Garnet (prosperity, vitality, passion, sensuality, and action)
To choose the stone that is best for you for this moment in your life, just browse through your local New Age metaphysical store and allow yourself to be attracted to the stone that is right for you. Use your intuition and feelings without looking at the description. Choose the stone by color and how attractive it is to you. Then, look it up in your favorite gemstone books to find out why you were attracted to it and the many reasons to use the stone to awaken your awareness.
Our thanks to Margaret Ann Lembo for her guest post! For more from Margaret, read her article “Color, Gem, Oil, and Affirmation Correspondences for Awakening Your Chakras”.