July/August 2015 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
History: The 1980s
Time Period: 1980 - 1989
In the 1980s, the Wicca/Paganism movement in the U.S. continued to flourish, with Llewellyn titles such as Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner
by Scott Cunningham
and Buckland's Complete Book of Witchcraft
by Ray Buckland
leading the way, becoming standard texts for many covens and solitaires.
Llewellyn also expanded into magazine publishing with the purchase in 1988 of FATE Magazine
. First published in 1948 by the legendary Ray Palmer and Curtis B. Fuller, FATE
was the world’s first magazine devoted to exploring paranormal phenomenon and is the longest running periodical of its genre.
Events from The 1980s
- January 1st, 1980 - 1980 Llewellyn Trade Catalog
- August 1st, 1980 - Light to the People
- July 1st, 1981 - Gnostica News and Views
- January 1st, 1982 - 1982 Dealer Catalog
- January 1st, 1983 - Early 1980s Llewellyn Fiction
- January 1st, 1983 - 1983 Dealer Catalog
- January 1st, 1984 - 1984 Dealer Catalog
- January 1st, 1985 - 1985 Astrological Guide to California
- February 1st, 1985 - Contest for the 1984 Moon Sign Book
- May 1st, 1986 - Llewellyn New Times
- May 11th, 1986 - Words From Other Worlds
- May 11th, 1986 - Words From Other Worlds (Part 2)
- May 11th, 1986 - Words From Other Worlds (Part 3)
- January 1st, 1988 - Carl Weschcke purchases FATE Magazine
- June 1st, 1989 - 1989 Fate Magazine