Blessed Be, Ted

This post was written by Carl Llewellyn Weschcke
on October 28, 2009 | Comments (35)

Ted Andrews passed to another world Saturday, October 24th, after a long battle with cancer.

Ted was a good friend, a good author and an inspiration.

Some people have a natural charisma, and Ted had that but it was his self-honesty and sincerity that brought him a loyal following. Ted’s success never went to his head. He remained forever true to his inner convictions and was devoted to using the medium of his books and talks to communicate his knowledge and beliefs, and to inspiring millions to follow his path. Altogether, Ted’s books published by Llewellyn have sold more than 2 million copies since his first book, Simplified Qabalah, in 1987. He also published with his own press, Dragonhawk Publishing.

All his books were, and are, pioneering. Animal Speak has sold nearly 500,000 copies since September 1993 and remains a bestseller because it speaks deep truths without cumbersome scholarship. Ted wrote from experience, both actual work with real non-human life and his deep inner perceptions. Ted loved his animal world and his books teach us to become attuned to our own spirit animals.

Ted was also an occultist, although her rarely used that word. His writings on Qabalah had the freshness of personal experience and were crafted to bridge from otherworldly mystical to the more friendly and enchanting world of the fairy, the spirit of the forest, and the beauty of the inner child and the outer child’s joy of life and natural ability to cross over to the inner landscape that is as real for a child as hard physical reality is for the adult.

And Ted did write books for children as well as for “grown-ups”—some of whom may have re-discovered that inner world of enchantment and the real alternative world of the fairy.

Ted isn’t gone; he will live with us for a long time to come. We have all lost a real friend in his passing but his spirit will remain close to us. We express sympathy to his wife, and to all who loved him including “creatures large and small” and of this world and another.

Blessed Be, Ted. Blessed Be all your family and many friends.

Written By AJ Borromeo
on October 28th, 2009 @ 11:26 am

I consider myself very fortunate to have met Ted several years ago while I still resided in Tampa, Florida. I attended several of his classes and even had him read for me. And if there is one thing that amazes me (to this very day) its the accuracy of his readings.

But in addition to this, Ted also made me aware of his humility. While those of us knew of him as “the” Ted Andrews, to him he just simply Ted. A friend. A guide. And definitely a teacher.

He will be missed but never forgotten.

Blessed be Ted.

Written By Raymond Buckland
on October 28th, 2009 @ 1:33 pm

I had the pleasure and honor of first meeting Ted many years ago, as a fellow Llewellyn author. He was always a gentleman, always sincere, and extraordinarily creative. I have “bumped into” him many times over the years and we always had a laugh together. He will be sorely missed.

Written By Alison Blair Cuff
on October 28th, 2009 @ 3:54 pm

Ted Andrews was an inspiration to me. He taught me to listen to my animal friends. Open doors and step into worlds never seen before. Believe in one’s power to transform ourselves and our world. My eyes and ears are now open to all the sights, sounds and communications nature brings to us each day. The simple act of walking in the woods yields such powerful magic, I feel sorry for the person who never experienced Ted’s books…Ted’s vision. Thank you Ted for making my life rich with your creativity, vision, knowledge and joy. I am forever grateful, changed and inspired.

Written By Beth Owls Daughter
on October 28th, 2009 @ 5:00 pm

I have been struggling for 2 days with the people at Wikipedia, who (coincidentally?) took his page down on Saturday. I have protested in at least four places, and it looked like for a little while, there might be a chance to fix his page to meet their standard of “neutrality” and not be self-promoting.

But it is down again, and the only recourse is to create a new page from scratch. Honestly, I am not qualified to do that.. Is there anyone at Llewellyn who would be willing to re-build the page that this gentle and wise soul so richly deserves? You can read some of the discussions and arguments here:
http://tinyurl.com/yghgpn2 and here:

His removed page is here:

Please act on behalf of this important man’s legacy.
Thank you!
– Beth Owl’s Daughter
Durham, NC

Written By Margaret Ann lembo
on October 28th, 2009 @ 7:52 pm

Ted Andrews was instrumental in opening the door to introducing me to Llewellyn Worldwide. He literally took me by the hand at the International New Age Trade show to sing my praises to Bill Krause. It is because of this introduction and his promise to endorse my book that my first book will be published in 2010 with Llewellyn. I am eternally grateful for his kindness and honored that he recognized qualities in me.

His event at my store, The Crystal Garden,(www.TheCrystalGarden.com) was one of the most memorable events I’ve hosted out of over a thousand plus events offered in the past 21 years… Gratitude, Gratitude, Gratitude for so many things!
Blessings . . . .
Margaret Ann

Written By Martha Meyer
on October 28th, 2009 @ 9:13 pm

It is sad to learn of Ted’s passing. I own his book “Animal Speak”, I love it and it will have a permanent place in my personal library. My sympathy goes out to his wife. Blessings to Ted, may he rest in peace in Summer Land.

Written By Meredith McDonald
on October 29th, 2009 @ 11:37 am

Animal Speak was my first true guide on this spiritual path.

When I met Ted at Pantheacon, I purchased one of his newers books and got it signed. But I also presented him with my seriously beaten up, dog-eared copy of Animal Speak and asked him to sign it.

He took the book and paused for what seemed like a long time. He then looked at me and said ‘You have no idea how good it feels when I see my books look like this.’

It was a special moment and he was an amazing man. Blessings on him and his loved ones through his untimely passing.

Written By Lisa
on October 29th, 2009 @ 5:12 pm

I had the privilege of attending only a handful of Ted’s workshops and although we didn’t know each other personally he always welcomed me as an old friend. I carry his teachings with me everyday and find inspiration not only in his occult writings but also from his conservation work. Authentic, gracious and inspired teachers are too few and far between within the pagan community and Ted was certainly one of those rarities. I will always cherish the little time spent with him. This time of year, as always, please remember, honor and thank those that have paved the way for us and gone ahead through the veil. Thank you Ted for sharing your many gifts with us and for making learning truly fun. Goddess speed to you treasured guide. Blessed Be Ted.

Written By Lisa Freeman
on October 29th, 2009 @ 6:31 pm

I have followed Ted’s work for many years. He has brought into my life many wonderful educational tools. He will be missed here in the physical but never forgotten and will always be able to connect with us from the other side if he so chooses. May all of the animals on the other side embrace him with the same warmth, love and respect that he gave to all other living souls. In light and love, Lisa Freeman

Written By Mary Carter
on October 29th, 2009 @ 6:51 pm

http://lightwingsarchangels.blogspot.com/ BLOG for Animal healing circle
I never met Ted in person but I always felt like I knew him. I guess it was the way he drew you into his books with his honest and true style and the comfortable way he taught you. You knew this man was real and all this was true and came from his heart.I have taught in the psychic/healing field and whenever someone would ask me for an author I mentioned Ted. I have never really found any other author that I felt was so totally from the Heart.Bless you Ted on your new journey and bless your family. You are missed.
I have devoted my life to healing animals and it is a labor of love and inspired by Ted.

Written By Sean Harbaugh
on October 29th, 2009 @ 7:19 pm

My wife and I met Ted at Pantheacon a couple of years ago. My wife was “star struck” when we bumped into him and talked on the elevator. I’ll never forget the class on water divining he facilitated. His effort in writing Animal Speak (and all of his books) is inspiring. He will be missed!

Written By Jonny
on October 30th, 2009 @ 1:47 am

In my opinion, Ted Andrews is and was one of the most incredible and profound authors to ever publish books with Llewellyn Publishing since Israel Regardie. It is absolutely remarkable how much occult, mystical and spiritual knowledge he managed to pass on to all. I own every single one of his books even the kids books. I own all his audio work as well, and truly treasure the gift that is him.

He has inspired and blessed so many. God bless Ted Andrews and his beautiful soul forever. I will circle that day on the Dragon Hawk calender I hang in my office.

There is no coincidence in the timing of Ted’s passing as he hinted in the last few pages of Intercession with spirits the signs of death. He also completed the illustration he always made in so many of his books outling the subtle bounds of energy from many realms forming to the body. He mentioned when we die that we should practice unwinding them, and told us the signs of when someone will soon be passing.

Ted also taught us in How to meet and work with spirit guides that spirits are very real and alive and come back to visit now and then and even instructed us how to communicate with us. He mentioned how some dreams showed him of his books existing in greater libraries.

Ted Andrews is more then human, he came here as a fully realized ascended master to complete these works. He crossed over after completing all that he set out to do. He is without a doubt crossing over into higher dimensions of Nirvana above the Atmic levels and will be available to gain advice from in the future.

Forever a Ted Andrews lover…
Jonny from Occult Talk Radio

Written By Monica Sorce
on October 31st, 2009 @ 1:45 am

This world is a better place because of people like Ted. His teachings will live on, now only through his books. He was an amazing teacher who taught me the language of the animals. For this I will always be thankful and blessed. He will be missed dearly by those whose lives he touched. Deepest sympathy to those he left behind.

M.Sorce

Written By Angela Martin
on November 1st, 2009 @ 10:35 am

I met Ted Andrews at Mystic Valley Bookstore in St. Louis, Missouri a few years ago. Although I had grown up on a farm in the Mid West, it was his Animal Speak and Nature Speak books that truly, finally introduced me to the real meanings of nature and animals in my life. He was/is a true gift to the world. I also met a woman, Sue, who became a dear friend, at his seminar.

Also his Animal Wisdom Cards are very special, very accurate and let me know which animal is with me, especially now that I live in Florida.

Blessings to Ted’s family.
To Ted’s Magnificence,
Angela

Written By Linda
on November 1st, 2009 @ 7:26 pm

I am saddened to hear of his passing. I have never had the pleasure of meeting him. I would have liked to, his books have been such a wonderful source of inspiration to me. I have used them, for research in teaching many classes. I will remember him in my prayers and on my day of the dead altar.
Blessings now and here after.

Written By Tag
on November 3rd, 2009 @ 1:27 pm

After the Murrah bombing in Oklahoma City, I wrote Ted to share an experience I had at a nature park. In the midst of chaos and not knowing where to begin to help the people in need (blood donors were being turned away unless you’re a specific type), I went to meditate and walk around my favorte park. I saw a small turtle, yards away from the pond and heading the wrong direction. I didn’t know if he lost, or meant to be going away from the water, but I carried him back & put him on the shore. He dove quickly, and I found solace in being able to help in such a small way. Ted wrote me back, thanking me for sharing my experience. I’ve since lost that letter in various moves but just to acknowledge my story was very meaningful.

Merry Part Ted, until we Merry Meet Again.

Written By Karen Schumann
on November 4th, 2009 @ 9:04 am

This is sad news for those of us who read his books and appreciate his teachings and his humor. Blessed be, Ted Andrews. And deepest sympathy to his family, friends and students.

Written By Rose Vanden Eynden
on November 5th, 2009 @ 8:18 am

I feel privileged to be among the ranks of prestigious and inspiring authors like Ted Andrews. Although I never had a chance to meet Ted personally, his books are on my shelves, and I never miss an opportunity to recommend his books to my students. ANIMAL SPEAK is one of my favorites, and his love for the beauty and wisdom of nature and the animal kingdom shines through every page of that book. I know that Ted will continue to educate and inspire us all from his place now in the world of Spirit. Blessings to him and to all.

Written By Stefan Stefanov
on November 5th, 2009 @ 4:44 pm

This is the author that introduced me to psychic powers and wonders of animals and nature. He ignited the light in me to see life in other perspective. How many times I was in nature and when I looked in the trees, plants and animals running around me, I remember Ted. The words can be millions, but the feeling, that one of my teachers is not longer among us is bad for me. But there is a light again . Thank you spirit of Ted, Thank you for my teacher. With love from my heart your student Stefan.

Written By carrie freyberg
on November 14th, 2009 @ 9:02 am

When someone like Ted goes to the other side so early, we asked why, we will never have an answer to that question, because some people have a mission and I am sure Ted was one and his mission on Earth is finish, but he is on other realm and looking down on us and smiling, because I never met the man but his books had help me a lot(I gave some has gifts to friends)his legacy will leave on, he is miss but not forgotten. Peace to is family and friends. Carrie

Written By Patty Andrews
on December 8th, 2009 @ 6:32 pm

What a GREAT loss to this world as we know it. Blessed Be Ted Andrews on his new journey. I am stunned by the news. Peace be with his closest family as the wheel turns.

Written By Billy Pratt
on January 5th, 2010 @ 6:56 pm

I had the honor and pleasure of meeting Mr. Andrews on three separate occasions: The first was a booksigning I had set up when I was working part-time at a Waldenbooks and in following years I attended two of his workshops. Ted was most assuredly a very special and benevolent man – his writings are honest and fantastic and when meeting him in person you just KNEW he lived what he wrote of and believed in.
It’s funny, during my second time meeting him, at an Animal-Speak workshop in Connecticut, I brought two friends along. They are both spiritual folks, though one is more of an analytical skeptic due to his rigorous scientific background. That particular friend went to meet him and look at his books prior to the workshop starting. As that friend walked back to our seats, me and our other companion looked up at him in amusement as he sat down, looked at us seriously and said in awe “The energy flowing through this guy is UNBELIEVABLE – it will be worth hearing what this guy has to say!” :oD
Ted did have a way of relating to each of his fans, with sincerity, humor, knowledge and kindness. My sympathies go out to his wife and family. Ted, Requiescat En Pace…

Written By Richard
on March 28th, 2010 @ 10:19 am

It was in 2001, that I, whilst browsing a now gone, New Age shop entitled Spellbound that I came across a number of books that looked exciting and on reading the back of the book and the inside there was something that just clicked with me.

These books, I am proud to say were the very first books that got me onto my Spiritual pathway…. These books were written by Ted Andrews, his words were written with such amazing clarity and to this day even amidst my own Spiritual development I look back and fondly read from the much worn and read books.

I would always walk around my hometown with them and would often read out of them to interested friends, colleagues and acquaintances even to the point where I would make notes of passages in my Spiritual Journals.

Last night I was going through some correspondence and I had been talking to a friend back in 2002 about buying a book on Crystal Balls and the link I had given her was for Ted Andrews book and upon clicking the link I then found out the sad news that Ted had passed, I had no idea. Its not corny of me to say that he was a Spiritual Mentor for me and I was amazed.

But as Ted had said in many of his books he is still around and that death is not the end its in many ways the beginning.

Ted, for all the learning and all the wisdom you have given us and much knowledge coupled with insight may you rest in peace with the best Loving and Good Energies from the Highest Realms.

Written By sarah seidelmann
on August 11th, 2010 @ 3:35 pm

Does anyone know how to get in touch with a person who Ted knew and respected regarding Animal Totems? In other words an expert in this area? I am doing a program based on his books but would love to have a guest! Thanks, Sarah

Written By Deborah Wilkinson
on October 24th, 2010 @ 7:41 pm

Thinking of Ted Andrews today on the anniversary of his passing. Wondering how his wife is doing. Sad that we will never have another book from this wonderful gentleman.

Written By Dawn
on December 18th, 2010 @ 11:31 am

How very sad it is to hear Ted Andrews has passed. I am just learning about this TODAY… over a year since he passed. Every day I select a Nature’s Oracle Card from Ted’s very inspirational messages. He has passed but will always be a part of my life. Thank you Ted Andrews.

Written By Mary Schnibben
on April 16th, 2011 @ 9:08 pm

I had the great pleasure and blessing of meeting Ted more than 10 years ago at a talk he gave at the nearby Theosophical Society. I was especially taken by his descriptions of the meanings of having certain animals, birds, etc. coming into one’s life, as this had been happening to me with increasing frequency for nearly 5 years at that point. Afterwards, I bought his book “Animal Speak” and he kindly autographed it ‘…May your life be blessed by Mother Nature..’; it will be one of my personal treasures forever.

I was so sad to read (more than 6 months after his passing, as it turned out)of his death from one of the deadliest of all cancers: pancreatic cancer – the same kind that took my own mother’s life over 30 years ago. (There is a pancreatic cancer website, by the way; think it’s PanCan.org…I’ll be making donations in both his and my mom’s memories.)

Rest peacefully in the arms of the Great Spirit, dear Ted, and blessings and thanks to you, your family and Llewellyn for sharing your incredible gifts with the world. I’m sure that your spirit and work will continue to live on and inspire many, many more people to your vision, as they have me and countless others.
Blessed Be!

Written By Jane Bowers
on October 25th, 2012 @ 12:24 am

Thinking of Ted Andrews on the anniversary of his death 2012 and how much his writing means to me and how many books of his I have in my possesion and still love to read and refer to.

Written By Vickie
on January 7th, 2013 @ 12:17 am

Just heard of Ted’s passing. Had the pleasure of meeting him and attending a lecture @ the animal sanctuary where he also signed his book for me. He was a delightful spirit…like a leprechaun…

Written By Ming Chong
on March 8th, 2013 @ 12:06 pm

I have been puzzled by reviews that speak in the present tense of Ted Andrews but finally now know that he is no longer with us and has joined his ancestors. Yet his influence over me has been powerful when I started the journey of the Red Path and got to know about his books. I am sorry that I didn’t get a chance to hear him speak but his voice is very strong in his books. Thank you Ed,
Ming

Written By Helga Cozad
on May 31st, 2013 @ 1:55 pm

For several days now the Name Ted Andrews and a loving gentle face has come into my Heart’s thought.

Today as I was ordering a couple of items from Llewelyn’s it seemed impossible to get beyond the name: Ted Andrews, and sensing in my heart it was helpful guidance, I ordered what Llewelyn offered by Mr. Ted Andrews.

It was not enough. The Gentle prodding urged me to the computer to look up Ted Andrews, and perhaps get or some how participate in whatever it is Ted Andrews offers.

That is how I found this, and learned that he has passed away some time ago. There is no doubt in my Heart’s thought that he is listening and responding to Seekers and to students; and giving his guidance to the receptive heart.

Thank you for all that you published concerning Mr. Ted Andrews.

Respectfully,
with a glad and grateful heart,
Helga Cozad

Written By Winston Allen
on July 5th, 2013 @ 4:58 pm

Ted Andrews was a cool dude. I just found out that he passed away today.