Top 10 Problems of Being A Small Town Pagan

This post was written by Elysia
on March 26, 2010 | Comments (81)

As an added bonus to our interview with author Bronwen Forbes, I asked her to make up a list of the top ten difficulties of living in a small town as a Pagan. She commented, “I swear I am not making any of these up in full — all are based on actual comments or my own experiences!” Here then, are her Top 10 Problems of Being a Small Town Pagan:

10. Wondering whether or not you should ask your 5th grade teacher (who is also the town seamstress) to make your ritual robes.

9. Being visited by the Gnome Liberation Front because your front yard is overpopulated with the little ceramic buggers.

8. Having to drive 150 miles one way for incense charcoal — and then realizing you also need the incense to go with it when you’re halfway home.

7. Trying to explain to a horse’s owner just what you’re going to do with her horse’s used shoes — and she’s been your best friend since kindergarten and knows darn well you don’t like to play horseshoes.

6. The funny looks from your neighbors because you have the most decorated house on the block for Halloween and you barely manage to put a wreath on your door for Christmas.

5. For newcomers — getting lost a lot because everyone tells you how to get somewhere by actually using the four directions and you’ve only ever used the four directions in ritual.

4. Realizing you’re allergic to the wheat stalks you’ve brought inside to decorate your house for Lammas.

3. Forgetting to change out of ritual garb after attending a Pagan festival and having to explain to your busybody old neighbor that you really have been camping for the weekend when you get out of the car in robes (forgetting to put on clothes after the same festival is worse!).

2. Dating. Enough said.

1. When your town library shares space with the local tanning salon and the term “sun-worshipper” takes on a whole new meaning for a bookworm like you.

What about you? What are your pet peeves or your trials and tribulations of living in a small town? Share with us!

Written By crystal
on March 26th, 2010 @ 9:50 am

I have people telling their children not to be around me. Very depressing when the teenager has tried to commet suicide twice in their home with out them knowing about it. While I and my husband talked her out of it.

Written By Jordan Waslowski
on March 26th, 2010 @ 9:53 am

Hmm… one, is the small amount of New Age shops, at least in this town (Green Bay, WI).

Written By MaLynda
on March 26th, 2010 @ 10:03 am

Still getting asked if you do “black magic”. Even after you explain no..then being asked if the Devil is involved in it.

Written By Nathan
on March 26th, 2010 @ 10:20 am

same here in Appleton WI….But the one we have is AWESOME and HUGE! way better then the bunch they have in Milwaukee…having moved from there to here…

Written By Michelle Hesse
on March 26th, 2010 @ 11:03 am

No New Age shop.
No UU.
No pagan friendly anything…
Got very funny looks as to why a religion study group needs to rent a private room at the library.
Businesses around here advertise they are a Christian business in the newspaper and on their buildings.
Going to a church parking lot at Halloween to do “Trunk or Treat” (I guess going door to door is becoming ‘old’, so people line up their cars in the church parking lot and pass out candy from their decorated trucks)You also get pamphlets about the church and God saving you and they hand out Bibles: all this gets put into the kid’s treat bag…

Written By Brandi Palechek
on March 26th, 2010 @ 11:32 am

I don’t consider the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) to be small, but we only have 2 shops here. Both are fab and I’m so grateful for them. I do order some things online, but I always, always, always try to find it at the stores first. We need to support our local shops to keep them here!

Written By Codi
on March 26th, 2010 @ 11:49 am

I grew up in a town of 2,000 people that had 20+ churches and half of those were Baptist. Being anything but Christian was completely unheard of.

Written By Jessica
on March 26th, 2010 @ 12:36 pm

There are quite a number of us in my area, but we have to keep everything guarded. There are so many churches that are out to save my soul! We have on Metaphysical store, but I d on’t agree with the business owners’ ideas on charging a lot of money to keep the “sacredness” of an object or class. Ah well. We are all learning to create our own items or drive an hour or more to get what we need.

Written By Liza
on March 26th, 2010 @ 2:50 pm

I live in Sydney, quite close to the city but have some gorgeous areas of bushland around. I went for a walk and found the perfect piece of fallen wood for a staff! The strange looks as I walked home were hilarious but I live in a unit block and bumped into my older neighbours who I never see! They asked was I into Karate and I explained that I was making a staff, for bushwalking! I can only imagine the conversation they had after that!

Written By Priscilla
on March 26th, 2010 @ 3:38 pm

Discrimination…I grew up in an extremely small and narrow minded town in north Ga.It was occasionally unpleasant being “that witchy girl.” However my family was supportive.We were always encouraged to be true to ourselves.

Written By AarTiana
on March 26th, 2010 @ 4:53 pm

ROFLMAO what a great list (I am still chuckling hehe)! Definitely a balance between who you can be open with, and who you cannot be open with, or to what degree. I am always thinking of the long-range repercussions of anything I may say to folks when I meet them. Luckily, it is getting a bit more tolerant here, and I have discovered many people who have the same struggle who are even more cautious than I am – and when I do open up a little (it is in “code” hehe), and they know what I mean, they are so relieved and talk to me more – usually after they pull me aside! ;-) This book is going to ROCK!!

Written By Tamra
on March 26th, 2010 @ 7:26 pm

Priscilla your very fortunate to have family that is supportive.All my immediate family are Christian…4 Preachers icluding DAD!mom/sisters/aunt/uncles/cousins/grandparents…Im so not like any of them allthough I love them…always was(different) and now I know why…finally I know why!!!That part is great!!!
Im 51 live alone with my son in the country.My (nosy) uncle saw my HUGE Cauldron in my work shop and I thought his eyes would fall out AND he would trip over himself…He so wants to tell my mother…all he has said so far is there is something she should know about me…Im 51 for goddess sake!!!Support myself and my son…take care of 2 acres of land, the house, the dogs,cats,turtles,fish and one mini pig…Leave me alone…Okay not small town mentality exactly but still!!!Blessed Be EveryOne Im Glad Your All Out There:)

Written By Jennifer
on March 26th, 2010 @ 8:09 pm

I was always called a witch or devil worshiper in high school. No shops near me. And everyone trys to “save” me.

Written By Dona
on March 27th, 2010 @ 6:29 am

I live in “Coal Country” of central PA. Luckily I found a very open, eclectic group of Pagans online that get together fairly regularly only about 45 minute drive from me. The area tends to be Christian overload in a Mayberry setting!! I just moved from one small town (pop 1500) to another one just down the road (pop 1800). Church or bar on every corner and everyone seems to know that I don’t attend any of the churches. Funny thing is I just drove through the old town yesterday and noticed a very “witchy” wreath on a house and smiled, knowing that there was now another Pagan in my old town!!!! Have heard of a few where I live now, but travel about 45 minutes in any direction for a metaphysical store, meet-up, or UU.

Had to laugh about the “dating” thing. Was a worry for me when I re-entered that part of life after recent divorce. But decided that if they liked my personality and I liked theirs, the Pagan part would be OK.

Written By Tonya
on March 27th, 2010 @ 9:57 am

I loved this one. I don’t think I live in a small city being I’m 45 miles west of Nashville but I will say there are no shops here. I liked this one (6. The funny looks from your neighbors because you have the most decorated house on the block for Halloween and you barely manage to put a wreath on your door for Christmas).
The one thing that gets me more than anything is when I guess when someone is born or there sign. It makes some wary as to what to say.

Written By Rhiannon
on March 27th, 2010 @ 1:38 pm

During an interview to teach in a small community, I was asked why I had been living in another country. They finally came out and wanted to know if I was a Morman on mission work. I hated every minute of living in ‘the closet’ while I taught there but it would not have mattered that my student test scores were always the highest and brought the school’s science scores out of the dumps. If anyone there found out I was pagan, I would have been blacklisted and forced out one way or another. Sad.

Written By Karen Morison-Knox
on March 28th, 2010 @ 1:04 pm

After storms, I gather fallen birch branches from around my neighborhood to use as staffs, besoms,and wands. I get a lot of quizzical looks, and one man asked me, “What are you doing with that switch?”

Written By Amity
on March 30th, 2010 @ 11:09 pm

i think the hardest thing is not having anyone that accepts you, or anyone of similar interest. there are no shops near me, i have no wiccan/pagan/new age friends and can’t find any. there are no parks to practice my craft in. and i live with my parents who are such bible-thumpers that they made me get an exorcism when finding out i was into wicca 5+ years ago….it’s really really hard. :( i live in Crestview FL now and i was in ST Paul MN, where we had pagan pruide day and everything. i had to leave my “sisters” and all my tools….sorry….after 3 years of feeling this way i’m jsut very sick of it…

Written By maura
on April 2nd, 2010 @ 10:59 am

Fortunately I grew up on a very large property in the country and could worship in peace out in the woods. A lot of people just assumed I was a loner or strange which is not uncommon in a community that feels that a trip to the sale barn where livestock is sold is a social event!I once had a Catholic friend freak out when she saw a pentagram drawn in the icey window of my room. She was terrified! She told her mom, a devout Catholic, her mom told my mom, a Jehovas Witness, and my life became hell. I left home at 15 and found my own way.It was 20 years before my mom could even talk about it with me!
Now I’m middle aged and live in a city it’s not much of an issue. When a package from a shop with ‘magical’ in it’s name arrived my mail woman said “I didn’t know your were a magician, do you do kids parties?’ I nearly peed my pants laughing. Gotta love e-bay!

Written By Joe
on April 2nd, 2010 @ 8:22 pm

I’m a Christian. I accept you. You have every right to do what you do, to think what you think, and to believe what you believe. You live in a great country. I push my beliefs on no one.

Written By Karen Hammon
on April 5th, 2010 @ 6:17 pm

Just start looking for what fit,moved to Utah mormanville usa about a year ago..What a treat lol.Landlord tried to convert me,people at work look me like a whack-job.I say what on my mind.They gave me a nick-name sparky lol..

Written By Sulla Davis
on April 7th, 2010 @ 9:46 am

I have been interested in Wicca etc for decades but have never “committed” myself to it. A couple of years ago (in ne Fla) there was a pagan happening which was written up in the local paper. I emailed the head person whose address appeared. I was stunned at the hostile, hateful reply I received. Doing some research and making some queries it seems that pagan pride is closely affiliated with the radical gay pride mvmt and that many pagans have no idea what the real agenda is, which is radically anti religion, and especially anti christian. I would describe myself as leaning towards being a christian wiccan. IE, a belief in the divinity of Christ but not holding with the hierarchy, saints, sins, dogma, denominations, etc etc. I would like to hear some thoughts on this in a lucid, polite manner. I know nothing first hand, only what I’ve read and been told. Thanks. And thank God, that spring is finally here.

Written By Carrie
on April 7th, 2010 @ 12:00 pm

Trying to convince my parents that going into a church will not make God strike me down. Teaching my daughter that she has a choice about religion in a town that has one of the highest church per square mile ratios in the states. Convincing my friends that I don’t need to be saved, I’m happy the way I am.

Written By Elysia
on April 7th, 2010 @ 3:28 pm

Dear Sulla,
After reading your blog comment, I felt I just had to write you! Not all Pagans are so rude and anti-Christian. Unfortunately though, for many it’s a knee-jerk reaction – they came to Wicca or Paganism after a long battle or falling out with Christianity, and it takes them a long time to get rid of that baggage – the anger or disappointment has scarred them.

However, there ARE a lot of people like you out there, and I hope you don’t give up just because the first group you emailed was so unwelcoming. For starters, we have a great book out called ChristoPaganism by Joyce and River Higginbotham. It examines how and why some people are drawn to Paganism while still holding on to their Christian roots, or some of their Christian practices. It’s a very eye-opening book and I think you’d enjoy it. The authors interviewed a lot of types of “ChristoPagans” (though they don’t all call themselves that) so you can get a broad idea of what kinds of hybrids already exist out there.

Also this summer we have a new book coming out, a much more personal story called The Path of a Christian Witch. In this book, author Adelina St. Clair actually tells her story of the hardships she encountered when trying to walk the line between both faiths. In the end she worked out what felt the best for her, and she’s happy with it.

That doesn’t mean you won’t face discrimination, sneers and snide comments from both Christians and Pagans in the future – but it should give you hope that if, eventually, you work out a strong belief system for yourself, it won’t matter what anyone else thinks about it. It’s really your own path.

I wish you lots of luck in finding some more open-minded Pagans to learn from. And I hope you don’t mind, I will post this response on the blog as well, in case anyone else wants to chime in.
- Elysia

Written By Lynn
on April 7th, 2010 @ 11:44 pm

Dear Sulla,

Please don’t think that all Pagans are like that! I know of many christian witches and there’s nothing wrong with that! I was once a christian and it was very hard for me to let go of the christian beliefs (even though I was not being forced to–I just found that it didn’t “fit” into my heart.)

Keep your chin up and stand fast in your faith! Being a christian who also happens to practice magick is not a shameful thing! Don’t worry about what other people think, just do whatever tickles your fancy!

Brightest Blessings!

White Willow

Written By Meghan
on April 12th, 2010 @ 10:34 am

AMITY

You said you lived in Crestview FL, I have news for you, I live in that area too, and there is a large network of pagans close by!!! Its just a matter of finding them! Look up Firedance Church of Wicca, its not in Crestview but people from all over, and all walks of paganism attend… there are more of us around than you may think…

Written By Michelle
on April 14th, 2010 @ 10:37 am

Trying to explain the difference between the pentacle on my necklace and pentagrams to my sister’s catholic friends. My ten year old autistic son says ‘they are too superstious and you need more patience with them. Eventually they will get it, when they come out of this phase and back to reality.’

Written By Deb
on April 28th, 2010 @ 10:43 am

I also live in FL, a very small town out in the middle of nowhere. I am not able to wear any of my pagan jewelry or practice outside for fear my neighbors would hang me. (for real). I have had two really bad encounters already. The locals do not like the fact that I’m a pagan witch, and have been physically attacked because of it. I have been here for 5 yrs.(prev. lived in CT) I now know what it must have felt like back in the day (salem, ma). I wish that we could all live in love/peace and feel free to be who we are….one with nature and the universe…without fear of reprecussions. I feel I may have to move. how sad..Blessed BE

Written By Lonelyinthecloset
on April 29th, 2010 @ 3:30 am

I live in suburban Ct and I bite my tongue to not speak out to correct ugly misinformation by Christians pushing their beliefs on me about what Paganism is to them, “devil worshiping etc,”.I’ve had to threaten calling the authorities to drive off pushy Jahovas Witness. I’m looking to sell here and move to the woods of MA and hopefully I can practise in peace. I do hope small town America stays off of my property I don’t mind driving. Having moved once to get away from small minded people, hasn’t helped, what happened to their own rule of ‘Judge not”? Let’s hope buying acres of woods helps.

Written By Deb
on April 30th, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

To Jordon of Green bay, take a ride to appleton and visit Windows of Light, Angels forever, is one of the best shops in the nation. Right on college avenue across from the radison, they are also here on facebook. Blessed be@

Written By Kassandrie
on May 3rd, 2010 @ 1:01 am

Blessed Be to all my Sisters out there on their own, I came from a small town in the Midwest,I have been a solitary practioner for 40 years, and believe me that is a long time to be under wraps! But I have always known it was better to practice that way for fear of persecution and ridicule.Very few of my friends of many years know of my Craft.I knew at a very young age I was connected to Mother Earth far more than any one else I knew. A kinship with plants ,animals water and stones, I was always facinated by our liveing Earth. I think I was blessed to be “to the manner born” or what is called a Natural Witch. I also have the gift of seering.I hope one day to write a book myself lest all the knowledge I have be lost,I have three grandaughters and I see the Gift in one so maybe my legacy will not be lost…..Walk in Light My Sisters!

Written By tim
on May 29th, 2010 @ 1:18 pm

i just recently started getting into wicca. i consider myself to be a christopaganist now. the connection i feel to the earth is unmistakable. for the first time in a while i feel like im doin something right. i am an avid marijuana smoker and feelm as if the energy from the herb makes the earths energy amplified to me. i have incountered a situation where i am needing to quit but i feel as if i will lose my connection to the earth. are the any other things i could do to replace the feeling of being totally connected to mother earth? i am in no way looking for a buzz but a way to feel just as connected can any body help. “and it harm none, so shall it be done.”

Written By Tim
on May 31st, 2010 @ 1:41 am

I live in a small town or what can be taken for small town this side of Dallas. Personally, I make no holds bar on my worship and beliefs, opening ritual space in the back yard, which also lines a road and only blocked by chain link. I wear my pentacle in the open without fear, I won’t tolerate anything less than respect. I get people who slow as they go by while we are full bore during ritual, but until they come onto the property, and until they make a fuss, that’s all they are. I feel for those who have been physically injured, tolerance is unfortunately a word and not a practice for some. But, the kids love my house on Halloween, Yule is getting there… seems those animatronic yard deer have a dual meaning… hmmm

Written By Elysia
on June 8th, 2010 @ 2:45 pm

To #32 Tim –
If you’re not looking for a buzz, I would suggest reading “Voices of the Earth” by Clea Danaan. (You can find it here on our website, or check your public library.) She offers lots of suggestions for connecting with the earth in a deeper way, including the use of entheogens without actually ingesting them. In other words, you could still work with the plant spirit of marijuana without actually drawing the plant into your body (smoking, eating or drinking it). That still might be too tempting for you, but as I said, there are many other techniques in the book. Good luck!

Written By Kelly Bray (Lady Rohanna)
on June 25th, 2010 @ 8:31 pm

Ive been a Pagan for prettey much my whole life, it just took me a while to find a name for it, I have been practicing for 20+ years. I grew up in Western Australia’s “2nd City” ha ha, it is actually just a large town, with many of the ppl still holding the small town small mind attitudes.

However I have been open about my beliefs from the beginning. I got the whole “Satanist, baby killer” thing from High school. When I was involved in begining the first open Coven in our area, it came again but this time from adults who should know better. I was attacked and knocked down in a local supermarket carpark, which was reported by the local papers (who I must say have been quite supportive), I had hate letters galore in my mail box, letters stuck under the windscreen of my car…and sadly a cat was killed rthat belonged to one of our coveners and hung up in their tree for their children to find.

I have persisted in being open about my beliefs and time has passed and the medias coverage of Paganism has finally opened ppls eyes. Once I knew every Pagan in town, these days I meet many ppl wearing symbols of our faith, they notice you look at their pentagram (or other symbol) look at the raven pentagram pendant I wear and smile. I have become a face of Paganism where I live and I am proud to represent my faith in a positive manner.

My children have gone to school as openly Pagan, and they have not suffered as I did but rather it has been an awakening for their teachers as I presented each new one with a booklet on our beliefs and practices, many came back with questions and support.

Now my grandchildren just learning with the small children’s wonder, the ways of their heritage will not have to face much of that predjudice and I am glad that if all I have faced by being open in a small town allows them the freedom to worship as they will…

Remember intolerance is simply uneducated ignorance!

Written By samantha
on July 3rd, 2010 @ 7:58 am

Being a solitary witch is all you can be in the small town i live in.I would love to belong to a coven, but i am satisfied being a solitary. I live way back out in the county about 6 miles from the small town of Brodhead Ky. One good thing that i do enjoy about living in the sticks is that whatever ritual i do outside can be done without the odd looks of non-pegans.

Written By Ares Baterina
on August 27th, 2010 @ 3:49 am

Hi, I’m a christian in a small christian town .
I read the tarot everyday , also the bible .
I don’t wanna be called a christian witch but I
like the concept, and i know more about
paganism and their rituals than my catholic faith.
this is what i’m brought up with, but i just
can’t deny the appeal of pagan and earth based
faith. THANK YOU

Written By Rebecca
on September 10th, 2010 @ 10:17 am

I rent a house from a local Priest. Luckily, most items on my public-facing altar look kinda Christian :-)

Written By Paul
on September 16th, 2010 @ 9:51 pm

Hello, I am a Christian. Not sure how I came across this site. I did read through some of it though. I would like to apologize for Christian behavior. Even though I obviously think paganism is wrong, I do understand that people come from different backgrounds and think differently then I do. Some of the things on this post do make me laugh and sometimes I get just as sick about Christian behavior as you all do. Christ said to Love your enemies and to bless to those that curse you. It is a sad representation of Christ when you leave a situation not feeling loved or blessed. I would go on but don’t want to sound “preachy”. Best of luck to you all.

Written By James
on October 1st, 2010 @ 10:18 pm

Living in a tiny town of barely 2000 people in Oklahoma is hard. Their is a church almost every other block. When it came out I was pagan my family shunned me and the people my age preached at me or tried to beat me up. It has not been fun. But I do still have my friends. They stay by my side. I have become a recluse. I’m almost afraid to leave the house. The only reason I go out is because I know that I can defend myself and if I should fall, my friends will get retribution. I am very open about it. The whole town knows that the boy they thought would be a preacher is now a pagan. I am very proud of it.

Written By densie
on October 8th, 2010 @ 8:44 pm

i live in montana, a little town of 50 people. yeah i said it 50! i have two little ones in elementary school people will say they are tolerant untill you let the cat out of the bag. i have recently purched a 24 inch long chain to put my pentagram on because i got a job and wanted to be extra sure that NO ONE sees it. the closest store is 80 miles away so running to the store if i forget anything…well you get the picture. so i have to stay in the broom closet. its a bummer to have to hid your self to protect your children and to protect your self from riddicule.

Written By Robin Bednarczyk
on November 10th, 2010 @ 1:14 am

I live in a small Chritian town, was raised Christian, but have never really been accepted by them. I’ve always known I was different, but my mother always told me, “its all in your head, its not real”, and finally I started believing her. Well, I’m 40 now, my whole life having been controlled by my mother, and if I didn’t let her control me, she would administer “tough love” on me and ignore me until I changed my evil ways. Well long enough in the real world without even a mother, I changed my ways, and went back to Christianity, until 2 years ago when I turned 38 and something happened. What happened enabled me to SEE the true path, and once I put my foot down and proclaimed that I was sick and tired of hiding and being secretive about what I believed – my mother hasn’t spoken to me about anything of importance – only when my kids would be coming to see her – she won’t step foot in my house AND her and my step dad have convinced my daughter that I’m going to hell and if she stayed with me, she would too, so MY daughter moved in with my mother and everytime I ask her to come spend the night with us (her family) – she says, “No mom, I”m not coming over here until you stop practicing this demonic crap” Ok, so I’m totally in tears now because I’ve ALWAYS tried to please EVERYONE and for my mother to totally turn my daughter against me just so she and my step dad can PRETEND they have there own daughter is UNACCEPTABLE to say the least, AND TO TELL my daughter that her mother is going to hell. My step dad is a preacher in one of the biggest churches in this town so my mother THINKS just because she has the whole town OF CHRISTIANS (who by the way, not just mistreat but steal each others wives and husbands, cheat, LIE, and anything else that these half wit DECIEVING “wolves in sheeps clothing” can get away with) and THESE are the people teaching my daughter THEIR evil ways, which is NOT Christian, or at least the way God wants it to be. I’m sorry, but I’ve been VERY hurt by the Christian society in this town, and it feels like I’m trying to climb out of quick sand. They are the MOST negative, judgmental, hypocritical, egotistical, EVIL group of people I have ever met – and I will NEVER trust NOT A ONE OF THEM AS LONG AS I LIVE! If you can’t trust your own mother, who can you trust? And since I CAN’T trust my own mother, I guess we all see where I stand, right? So, I’m here, I have my two boys, 6 and 10 and my husband who loves me more than anybody EVER HAS, and thats all I need. The only reprecussions are the effects from my CHRISTIAN raising that basically mucked up my head, but my husband is dealing with it, he’s not liking it too much, but he WANTS me to trust again, so he’s dealing. BUT I FEEL LIKE SHIT putting him through this because of what THEY did to my head! So if there are any Christians out there reading this, SAVE IT! SAVE YOUR FREAKIN PITY for the God darn ASSHOLES who YOU listen to on a weekly basis who SAY they care and love everybody – THEY DON’T! And not only do they NOT love and care for EVERYBODY, but they DON’T shy away from mistreating people either. Whew, sorry, I don’t know where all that came from, guess I needed to vent! I’m sorry. I guess I’ve been more beat down than I thought. Sorry:( Please don’t respond viciously, I can’t take anymore cruelty from people. I’m truly NOT a bad person, I just want to live my life, the way I believe, without being condemned to hell by a certain group of hypocrits, who FYI, is there is a hell, they’re leading the way. Ok, I’ll stop now. Sorry.

Written By Blackswansings
on November 29th, 2010 @ 11:53 pm

I live in a small town in North Ga. Im a bit of a country/hedge witch. We have deer hunters galore and i am for ever hitting them up for their racks. Only the small ones,as they do not give up the big ones. I ask for some hides as well. The fellows that usually do this for me are always happy to give. They dont know I’m “witch” but just think I’m out there…lol! Everyone knows not to hunt behind me because I feed (my) deer. I get teased unmercifully for this, but its all in fun. However they know I’m serious and they can expect some shot in their ass if I catch them. I have a friend who hunts boar and he has indulged me. He just cant make it out though why I would wan boar bristle. I pass on lots of healing herbs,stones and lore to many I meet in town. Most people seem to enjoy and get something from my ways if it is given with good intention and positive energy. I in return recieve much back from them. I love being different in a small country town. It takes all kinds to make the world go round! Blessed Be:}

Written By BellaDonna
on December 21st, 2010 @ 12:10 am

I live in a rural mountain community in north Georgia and the climate here is very conservative. While I may be out of the sexuality closet, my broom closet is shut around here. EVERYBODY seems to be an NRA gun-toting Tea Partier and the disdain for “queers” is bad enough…
The KKK actually showed up and rallied at the town square during the summer! Needless to say, there are no shops or groups that cater to folks like me and if I need witchy stuff, I have to travel a good hour plus to Atlanta.

Written By Beth
on January 5th, 2011 @ 3:12 pm

I live in the largest town in WV. My parents are hardcore Christians and I went to a high school where I couldn’t be open about being a witch (not sure Pagan or Wiccan or just nonreligious witch). I pretended to be a Christian for 3 years and finally got sick of it when I went to college (another small town just more open minded) and had a wide range of Pagan and Wiccan friends. I’m open and honest and always wear the Pentacle my husband bought me for Christmas. I haven’t really had a chance to get into the holidays yet but me and my husband did try Samhain this past year. I was raised getting punished for even asking a question about a religion other than Christianity and didn’t know any other religions existed until I was in middle school and met an atheist. I came out as not believing and got taken to a psychiatrist, told them (I was young) and she tried to put me on antipsychotics.
I haven’t been attacked but I’ve been told “your going to hell” so many times and had my character attacked and even had people complain at work about my pagan jewelry (but as long as Christians can wear crosses I’ll wear mine). I took classes and got a certification as an astrologer and have done birth name numerology charts for friends and friends of friends. I am still looking for a way to make a living off of it but it’s useless here in this whole state. What are any good places to get a job in Numerology or tarot or divination?

Written By Brenna
on January 20th, 2011 @ 8:01 pm

I am 13 and i am a pagan and i have one really close friend who i tell everything to, only problem, she cant keep her mouth shut, we have a small middle school so news travels fast. Anyway, i told her i was pagan and without even knowing what it was she went around telling everyone….. and since then almost no one talks to me except her and she always says(because she’s Christian)”oh your going to go to hell” and i tell her i dont believe that and she tells everyone and i gets worse. I really wish people would educate themselves before assuming anything. This is what i think is the worst!

Written By Marolyn Gariepy
on January 26th, 2011 @ 12:59 pm

For those who feel persecuted by your families, friends, and communities, know that I am praying to the Goddess for you. Stay strong, you are not alone. The above list was quite funny, and being 2 hours away from Minneapolis/St. Paul (the Cities), in western Wisconsin, we don’t have a lot of resources here. It does get kind of tricky, but thank goodness for the local bookstore or I would be bored silly!

Written By Danielle Gronwold
on February 2nd, 2011 @ 5:13 pm

I was raised Catholic, but somehow the teachings never quite seemed to fit with what I believe. I remember first coming across the term “wiccan” when I was about eight, and my mother got very upset about it. In the past couple of years, I’ve had more and more moral qualms about the church and the general intolerance that I saw there, and so recently I came to the conclusion that I am pagan. Even so, I wasn’t completely sure so I started praying/meditating, trying to find the name of my own goddess. When it came to me, I felt this incredible peace and this sense of “Oh. Right. That’s what it’s supposed to be.” When I told my mother (or, rather, when she found out) I was afraid that I would have a hard time convincing her that I’m not bound for hell. My mom understands, but I know that I’ll come across many who won’t. I guess I’ll just deal with that when I come to it. I still believe in Christ, but more as a brother than as a father figure, and in Mary as an aspect of my own Mother Inanna. For the first time in years, I feel like I am on the right path spiritually (even if I still have a lot to learn!) I suspect this site will be of great help with that. Blessed be!

Written By Apaganin search of help
on February 14th, 2011 @ 8:25 pm

I am an electic pagan and I live in a small town in MO. Mostly Christians are hear and they don’t know I am a pagan but the people who do think I am insain when I say somthing on my belifs. I only know one other pagan in the holl town so I ask. If you live in eldorado springs plees meet me in the highschool gim during buldog hr. I sit next to the red desk on the bleachers.

Written By Cassandra
on February 17th, 2011 @ 6:02 pm

I’m in a small town of 20,000 the problem here is that’s somewhat city typed so there are no grassy/green areas or parks to practice at. Everything here is very industrial, there are no trees where I live. I have some unusual people “eye” me for my books. Well, I consider it funny but I know there offended by my individuality :) I’m happy we have many stores but no “pagan or new age” shops here. So I have to travel to San Antonio for that. If I practice outside, I’ll get shipped to the authorities. Goddess bless everyone!

Written By Diane
on March 2nd, 2011 @ 4:52 pm

I cannot find friends with my same beliefs,I would like guidence, and information from an elder, but where do you go looking? certainly not in the yellow pages. Also being teased that I worship the devil, and that coexsist bumper sticker where is the pentagram? All what I believe in can be seen. The earth is right below my feet, and all that lives plants animals ect can be seen so as the stars moon sun and sky…also my grip is no enough shops around to walk into when you need something, got to order it online. I get all excited when I see someone wearing a pentagram, and wanna get to talking but it is in a business, where there is a line to wait in, so no time for chatting.Just feel alone in my faith

Written By Jen
on March 30th, 2011 @ 1:51 pm

I live in a small town off of the West Branch of the Susquehanna in Pennsylvania. I have been living here for 11 years now, practicing for 14. The closest store recently relocated, and another store is claimed “Christain” but an herbal/metaphysical store. I loved the list, find it true, and very funny. For me and my family the hardest part about living here and going to school is all of the comments made to each of us when we are out shopping for groceries. I wear my pentacle proudly, along with gemstone jewlery that I have had (and worn) for much longer. My mother is a Christain Witch, and recieves many (either nice, or quite nasty) comments about who I hang out with, what I do in my spare time, and why I am not more involved with the community. Which all leads back to the mass number of churches in our area. I love my family, who I am, and what I do. I just wish people would be more tolerant, and think before they speak.

Blessed Be,

Jen

Written By Wendy
on April 6th, 2011 @ 8:41 am

I live in Parry Sound, Ontario Canada. Population-6000 (approx). Just in the last year one of our ‘downtown’ stores, Somewhere in Time, opened a section of ‘new age’ products. :) She is doing a great job providing products I used to have to drive an hour or so to find.

Written By earth angel
on April 16th, 2011 @ 4:55 pm

I guess I am lucky. I never hide. I have worn my huge pentagram necklace to court (I was there for WORK) and no one had a problem with that.

I have moved to a small town but have not interacted with too many of the locals. Just a few for Sacred Circle Dance but I don’t know if they are pagans or not. This is a small group.

Now the larger group in the dance/arts center, they are pagans. At least some of them.

On dating, do what I did, go out with a Native American. You will have something in common: love for Nature, respect for Mother Earth, and celebrate in ritual/ceremony.

On discrimination, my accent (I was not born here but hold citizenship) brings more of it than wearing my star.

Written By earth angel
on April 16th, 2011 @ 5:05 pm

Just read some more articles and need to comment. I grew up in a country where people beat their drums on Friday and went to Mass on Sunday.

A very Catholic country, but my family is from Italy, and I am fourth generation Strega. Magic was always part of my life.

Written By Zach
on May 1st, 2011 @ 1:39 pm

Ok as an electice pagan I run into the problem of who I should talk to in my small town a prist has tried to convert me but I getallong fine I just want to meat others like myself I must say though paganism I on a start in Eldorado springs MO but still no one to share whith what you belive

Written By GaiaLover
on May 18th, 2011 @ 3:51 pm

I find it encouraging to read all the voices here.. all of us OUT THERE, being OURSELVES, in the midst of all of the people who would have us silenced, or at least, put back in “line” with whatever they think we SHOULD be! It makes me feel warm inside to know that you are all out there, candles in the night.. or better yet, lightening bugs.. lighting up your little corner of the world with Pagan one-ness with All That Is. And thanks be to Goddess we can connect through the Internet. I do wish there was a group that I could connect to in person, but I will just continue on my solitary way and maybe one day, that will happen.

Stay True to Yourself.

Written By Melanie
on August 6th, 2011 @ 9:33 am

There are both pros and cons to living in a small community. I have been shunned by people I thought I knew. It is difficult to find needed supplies. If you do find other pagans in your community, it is frustrating when you find that for some reason you are not socially or magically compatible. I do find it lonely. It is also difficult to keep my young kids quiet about our beliefs. I do fear that they will be mistreated for being different. The interesting thing is that it is the adults in our community that I fear, not the children.

On a positive note, you find that you need to rely on yourself more than others and that makes one very resourceful. Since you can’t go out and buy things you need, you tend to learn much about your own ecological spaces and how to work with your own correspondences and flora. Also, I feel very blessed to be surrounded in the bounty of nature. We are surrounded in forests, lakes, rivers, and even a small mountain. Our kids are growing up observing nature all around them rather than learning strictly from books and using things found on shelves.

Written By Lisha
on August 22nd, 2011 @ 4:37 pm

The Dating comment…so perfect! We have so many redneck wanna be cowboys here that I feel fortunate I find those qualities thoroughly unattractive because the right wing values that accompany them are far too intolerant to be safe around. I couldn’t imagine having a couple dates then one of these men sitting down in my living room and seeing my bookcases… And THEN having to explain what I believe… What a mess that would be. A good non redneck man is hard enough to find in Arizona, let alone adding alternative religion to the mix.
I am far from in the broom closet, but I am also cautious about what I say and to whom. I haven’t had the issues or been through the horror stories of many of my pagan/witchy friends although I am not sure why not… But I am glad to have avoided it all because I have heard of some truely scary horrid mean things happening to some of us in Flagstaff!

Written By Chanel
on August 23rd, 2011 @ 12:13 pm

My Get Out of Hell Free card.

My favorite conversation in my small town went like this:

Friend: go to church with us.
Me: I withdrew from the god lottery I didn’t like the odds. I don’t do church anymore.
Friend: Were you ever saved?
Me: I think so a couple of times, although not sure what I was saved from.
Friend: well there you go, once saved always saved.

I feel so lucky to have an out… (insert a big azz eye roll).

New Pentacle on a quarter moon with stars, ink’d on my bicep. Friends ask “Is that there a Mason sign?”, I reply “I am female, I can’t be a Mason according to ya’ll.”

I will stop here. LOL!

Written By Lavendarose
on September 1st, 2011 @ 7:25 am

The list is a good start but doesn’t even begin to cover it all. My biggest problem is that my kids have few friends at school because they don’t go to church which is the social engine here. The other social event is watching people destroy the environment in their trucks. (Mudding) No thank you! It’s lonely being a peace-loving, tree-hugging bleeding-heart pagan liberal in a small southern town!

Written By Heddy Johannesen
on September 22nd, 2011 @ 12:24 pm

Once I wore a beautiful Baroness gown to a Witches Ball that took place a week after Samhain. I wore a beautiful gold crown and a black wool cloak that I was gifted with to be warm. At the party, the regulars at the bar made fun of the pagan partyers and my heart went out to them. I think the party should have been held at the time of Samhain but that’s my opinion. While I was waiting for the cab, a man saw me and called me the grim reaper. I had wrapped my cloak around me to be warm. It’s a shame people don’t look deeper to see who you really are.
Blessings!

Written By JW Hammontree
on October 17th, 2011 @ 8:29 pm

Being a Christian ceremonial magickian is even worse than being Pagan. We get anti-Christian sentiment from the Pagans yet are constantly reminded by main-stream Christians that we’ll be at the stake with the Pagans for our heresies. I’ve never understood how someone who suffers from the common ignorance of the masses can turn around and do the exact same thing to other beliefs. Have some respect. You don’t have to agree with it, but please don’t mock and don’t condemn others for what they believe.

Written By Stephanie Junca
on October 23rd, 2011 @ 10:30 am

I grew up knowing that I had a special gift and I felt a deep connection to the earth. I remember always saying that my favourite colors were green and brown because they were earthy. Of course my sister who makes fun of everything different said I liked boogers and poop but what can you expect from. 10 year old?
I lived half my life in a suburb outside of Memphis, TN where we went to Catholic mass every Sunday. At the age of 8, I began openly questioning the Catholic church. My main qualm with their teachings was if god was everywhere then why did we have to go to church to talk to him or see him and be surrounded by people just trying to make face. Parents didn’t listen.
I later moved to a small planned community south of Atlanta, GA where I had to continue going to mass every Sunday. I was made to do the sacraments including confirmation where I had to go on a retreat to learn the ways of the lord. Luckily on that retreat I met two girls who felt the same way I did about the church. One in particular had a christopagan parents. She introduced me to tarot and the old ways. At 15 I began to do my own research and bought books on the subject. My mom one day got a hold of them and threw them away without my consent. I told her she owed me money but then she pointed out that she gave me the money that I bought those books with so I figured we were even there. But still it bothered me that she couldn’t even talk to me about it instead she would go behind my back to do that.
Luckily though when it comes to friends I haven’t had many issues. I wear my pentacle charm necklace every day and people always comment on how beautiful it is. I have a tattoo on my shoulder symbolising my faith and people always say it looks cool. Though I just figure these comments are made because they don’t really know what those things mean they just find them interesting and pretty. My last boyfriend was very supportive of my beliefs even though he is Christian. He liked going through my craft drawer to look at everything and ask me questions about it. He would read my books too and asked me to do certain rituals with him. I feel that I’ve been pretty blessed in that regard. Unfortunately though my family is t as supportive but they’re starting to finally realize that what I do is not in any way related to the devil because to me he doesn’t exist. Im happy to say that my mom has definitely become more open to my beliefs but she still on random occasions tries to make me pray with her or go to church with her.
I think a lot of times what affects the way people react to your faith is the way you portray it through your own personal actions. It would be nice if everyone was open minded to all religions but unfortunately I know that will never be the case. And that’s why Llewellyn and all the other new age book publishers are here to help people be more educated about other religions and belief systems.

Written By Sharon Gibbs
on November 2nd, 2011 @ 1:11 pm

I’ve found growing up in a very small town that soo many people that closed-minded and only until I got older and worked for a Fed. agency did people find it odd but came to me for readings or help with “wierd stuff” like dreams and ghosts or if i could bind someone..go figure..never hid what i am and if anyone was misimformed in what I BELIEVED clarified very quickly but kindly..not everyone will accept you for what you are or believe but just be you FOR YOU and BE HAPPY!!!!
Merry Meet and Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
Sharon :o )

Written By Trish
on December 6th, 2011 @ 4:04 pm

List is too Funny. I can really relate to most of them. I come from a very christian/catholic family. I have been asked about if I could be reincarnated as a pet gold fish by one aunt and my other aunt won’t let her kids around me, since I might steal their souls.

I also used to get into trouble a lot when the librarian would call my parents about the reading materials I would try to check out from the public library. I was finally band from the public library at age 12 for reading to many books on Witchcraft and Paganism.

I usually walk away at their prejudice and ignorance.

Written By Mamatoad
on January 7th, 2012 @ 12:09 am

My 11 year old son who has Aspbergers is Openly Pagan in 5th grade ~ and has taught his special-ed group of roudy guys how to ground and center when they are over stimulated or stressed ~ he goes to middle school next year ~ the teacher said she will miss him !

Written By Dar
on January 7th, 2012 @ 6:38 pm

To Joe the Christian, thanks for posting- so glad there are Christians like you out there, wish they were all like you! It definitely helps to remember they’re not all bad.
To Mamatoad, the story about your son is so nice! Sounds like he was able to help his buddies.

Ok, small town pagan story… grew up in a town of about 5,000, nothing but churches and you’re lucky if you can find the well-hidden synagogue by the river. In high school, the school goth came to me to learn about “other religions” (that was pretty cool actually! Kind of an honor), and the town Bible thumper came up to me while I was sitting on a bench with an ice cream, she grabbed my arm, pulled me around a corner and told me not to wear Satan’s necklace… I was wearing a Qabalistic tree of life necklace, she clearly didn’t know what she was talking about!

Written By Tony
on February 28th, 2012 @ 4:31 pm

Whenever you’re in the minority, you’ll always have pressure from the majority to conform. This is life. The degree to which you face discrimination depends on just how cohesive that majority is and how much you are perceived to be a threat. Everybody is harassed by Jehovah’s Witnesses, comes with the territory.

Some of us Christians are very intolerant, some are very tolerant, because we’re people and people sin (gotta remind my Christian friends of this all the time). I’m Catholic, but Italian Catholic and the old country ways contain a lot of mysticism (read Raven Grimassi’s book on Italian Witchcraft for reference).

No one should have to be subjected to the type of discrimination that some posters here have encountered. But, it isn’t going to end. Just hold your head up high and stick to your beliefs. Be careful out there and give as much respect to the supernatural that you give to nature. It realy isn’t to be treated cavalierly. That’s what scares most Christians about it. Doorways are opened and you can’t ever be absolutely sure what may come through.

Written By Stephen in Austin
on February 29th, 2012 @ 11:59 am

#22 Sulla There is nothing “radical” about gay people wanting rights, including the right to live openly. Open your mind. Blessed be.

Written By Laura
on March 10th, 2012 @ 6:55 pm

Blessed be to all! Although I have my own beliefs which may be completely different than yours, I believe that kindness, compassion, and above all…empathy are traits that some may be born with, and others need to learn. I also believe that where we left off in our previous life when it comes to knowledge and a certain degree of wisdom-we have returned again to re-learn and learn new lessons in this life. Hopefully I can attain some of the goals that I came to learn this time around. Of course, this entails wisdom above all. I have had trials and tribulations living in a small town, mostly because in order to meet people you need to go to one of two places (church or the bar!) So I try to remember to be kind and understanding, and remember that we are where we are in our learning and in our development. Some are ahead of others in having developed wisdom. I ‘hope’ that I am one of them! I have plans on writing a book. Much of it is based on fact–but I have to bring it down to the level of fantasy. Who? after all, would believe that these crazy ideas could be real? Too funny, isn’t it Stephen King?
Thanks for letting me share, and blessed be!
Laura

Written By Kayla
on April 3rd, 2012 @ 11:44 pm

Well growing up a pagan in Loveland Colorado was difficult to say the least. This was a town that has more churches than probably any other town in Colorado, they are almost literally on every corner. Being out of the broom closet there was hard so I really didn’t mention my beliefs to too many people. There was one tiny little new age shop run by the most adorable and sweet lady, but she didn’t get much business and was forced to move buildings three times in as many years. I was at least blessed enough to find other pagans in the area, one being a very good friend from school. I also was lucky enough to have neighbors who didn’t question us dancing in the yard under the full moon.
I think the hardest thing was trying to explain my beliefs when confronted and having to explain that no, I don’t worship the devil, no I don’t sacrifice fluffy animals, and no, I will NOT make you a love spell. I found it really upsetting that my spirituality was always met with either suspicion and fear, or sarcastic jokes and dismissed as nothing more than a phase or non-religion.

Written By RuthE
on April 22nd, 2012 @ 9:26 pm

I more or less got run out of a town of 2000 after opening a shop that sold hand-crafted items. Things went okay until I expanded my offerings to include magickal supplies and put a small pentacle in the window. The buzzing started, I was shunned like I was Amish, the ladies at the bank no longer smiled, and one irate Christian elder came into my shop and took notes! (While totally ignoring me.)

No one asked me about my beliefs; they all assumed the worst. Finally, my landlord evicted me because he “needed the space for a clothing depot for his church”. I moved an hour away and now share my belief system with only my closest friends. My family deals with it by never mentioning it.

I’m in my 50s and have been pagan for 32 years. I am well used to practicing as a solitary. I know live in another small town and keep my mouth shut.

Written By mist42nz
on May 30th, 2012 @ 2:30 am

My #1: Local people trashing on your friends, just because they know they’re your friends. (in the bigger towns, who knows who isn’t so well tracked. in small towns that’s the front page gossip)

Written By Tammy Beach
on June 4th, 2012 @ 12:07 pm

I also live in a small town and my top 10 problems are:
1. finding herbs and/or supplies!
2. Having to always explain when we decline to attend a friend or relatives church.
3. The constant assumption that being pagan means we worship the devil.
4. limited access to others with our beliefs, hard to build emotional support system with persons who don’t share your beliefs.
5. having to explain to others why we have different holidays
6. The way we are often left out of events that are important to our friends & families, (Christenings, funerals, even weddings).
7. Having to correct things that have been told to the children in my life. ie: witches eat children, witches put bad spells on people, we do animal sacrifices, etc…
8. being made to feel like I need to lie to be able to live in peace.
9. Being judged in the workplace because of my beliefs
10. people assuming I do drugs because I’m pagan.

Written By Julie Cleverly
on June 5th, 2012 @ 3:47 am

Hi, it’s been very entertaining reading about all your experiences and the list is hilarious and can relate to alot of your experiences. I live in England where Druids and Pagans have the right to take their own religious holidays off work, and Druidism is a recognised religion. We have moots in every town, a huge range of social gatherings and events and pagans are very active in trying to reach out and educate other religions. Most religions are quite happy to listen and we are invited to come along and give talks and answer questions on our beliefs and spiritual practises. Most that is except for the Christians.

Written By Cyleste
on July 5th, 2012 @ 1:45 pm

trying to explain that your wedding in the mountains isn’t a satanic ritual just because it’s up in the mountains.

hiding your visits to the chiropractor, or “witch doctor” as many of them call her.

having fun showing people that the medicine cards you’re using for divination are just pictures of animals, and watching them soften a little.

~just a few of my personal experiences from Globe, AZ

Written By Morgen
on January 17th, 2013 @ 2:02 pm

I moved into a very small town consisting of many Baptist,drug addicts and other needy people. Once,while U WAS BUSY TYPING A COLLEGE PAPER IN MY OWN LIVING ROOM,A LITTLE KNOCK WAS ON THE KITCHEN DOOR. tHERE STOOD A GIRL OF ABOUT 11.’hello’ I said. You must be here to see my kids? Come in and I will call them down from upstairs.You’ll have to excuse the house,I have been doing college work and haven’t gotten to it yet.”‘oh,I already know all about your house”she said matter of factly.’They are holding a meeting right now down at the pasters house to see what to do about you. I just came down to play with the kids.” This same Babtist group spread rumors that I had crystal balls all over the lawn..these,I suppose were the Fairies with the globes lawn ornaments that I do not even own and yet always wanted.Also,for the conversion tricks they use they con people into coming to their church by some seasonl thing involving food oftentimes. I have always said no that my children can’t attend.Once I gave in because they wanted a super huge banana split. I warned them it probably would be a ploy and sadly it was. When the kids got there the some ill-behaved boy started teasing the my girls and announcing to everyone that their mom buries crystals in the dirt and lures little kids in and puts salt all over them. This later was de-evolved into worse gossip..that I capture children’s souls into the crystals.When I asked the kids if the pastor put a stop to it they said he stood their apparently fully aware and did not. It was funny when a couple of years later his tent blew into another pagan friends yard who without realizing it delivered to me as he thought we could use a tent.At first we didn’t know whose it was and after opening it and finding inside the happy romping that he and his wife had tenting in there we laughed. Ah..Baptist can unwind,after all! Of course, I didn’t mention the items in the tent,but just that it was here and he might like it back to come get it. ,,message sent via my kids to his who talk casually in school. He refuses to come get his tent apparently. God and Goddess do have such a sense of humor.I am supposedly the wild pagan,but I don’t have all my private business blowing all around town…just the made up business,I suppose LoL. i was able to bring an important lesson home to my kids while discussing the latest events of the pastor announcing his sudden and unexpected moving to another state…none of my doing,by the way. When they started mocking him and his family a bit,I reminded them and myself that we should send their family blessings of a safe home and prosperous endeavors and evolved thinking.

Written By Jay
on July 1st, 2013 @ 2:43 pm

I live a few miles south of Nashville and there’s only one new age shop in Nashville that I’m aware of (which I like, so it’s okay).
[2] I grew up in two relatively small towns, where everyone knew everyone, especially in school. When I found Wicca in HS, everyone knew about it because I came out of the broom closet immediately because I felt that there was no reason to hide who I was. When I was goth in middle school, I was the only one and one of the only ones in HS.
[3] Because my parents were also from small towns (my father from Franklin & my mother also from Franklin/a small town in MI) and raised Baptist so they were less than accepting of my spiritual decision. Kept me from doing rituals so I am just now (at 24 and out of the house for six years now!) getting comfortable doing spell work!

Written By Anna
on August 27th, 2013 @ 7:01 am

No witch shops
No covens
Your school having a huge bible club, but no Pagan club.

Written By Alam Mercer
on November 1st, 2013 @ 11:15 am

I loved the article and it made me laugh,as I was reading, but did bring back memories, mine was finding out that my metaphysical shop was of the devil and I was sending all those who entered to Hell. I was even threatened that I needed to watch my back. I was not excepted here in this small town. I found that people avoided me as if I had the pledge. Kids trashing my house, vandals. for the most part I have went back underground and have sense closed my shop. BB