5 Worst Astrological Love Pairings

on April 14, 2010 | Comments (8)

Yesterday morning, my mother sent me a link to an article in her local Albuquerque newspaper regarding the “5 Worst Astrological Pairings for Romance.”

While there are going to be ups and downs in any relationship, no matter the sun sign (we are, after all, more than a simple summation of our sun signs), I thought this article was pretty spot on in its analyses (we’ll forgive them for referring to Sandra Bullock as a Gemini, when she is in fact a Leo).

Their list for the 5 Worst Astrological Pairings:

unhappyGemini and Aries
Geminis are known, first and foremost, for their moodiness and “split” personalities.  Aries is prone to infidelity. Between Gemini not being thankful for what is in front of them and Aries getting easily irritated with Gemini’s mood swings, this is one match not always destined for forever.

Cancer and Aquarius
The homebody, couch-potato Cancer will grate on the up-and-on-the-go Aquarius, who will be looking for the next newest nightspot. The arguments will not end there, either, as drawn-in Caner prefers cuddling and sensitivity to Aquarius’ adventuresome sexuality and icy demeanor.

Scorpio and Leo
In this relationship, both the controlling Leo and possessive Scorpio want to retain control. This headbutting lends itself more to violent fights than passionate sparks in the bedroom. (Though if someone did have to win, having my Sun in Leo, my vote is for the lion; honestly, one swipe of those giant paws or one chew between sharp teeth, and the poor scorpion is no more.)

Virgo and Sagittarius
Free-spirited Sagittarius will find a difficult union with the stable Virgo. The fiery Sagittarius will often be pulled down by earthy, logical Virgo. More often than not, the only point of agreement will be that they will have to agree to disagree.

heartPisces and Taurus
Opposites do attract, and in this case the opposites that have been attracted could not be more different. The watery Pisces can be impractical, which will annoy the stubborn Taurus, who feels they are right. All the time. Pisces’ indecisiveness versus Taurus’ determination will lead to ample frustration. According to Michelle Solomon, author of the article, “this is perhaps the most stressful love pairing in the entire zodiac.”

While not listed, my belief is that the Gemini-Virgo union is one of great instability (though that could just be my horrendously bad experience with an extremely two-faced and moody Gemini and the overwhelming Virgo Ascendant and Virgo moon in my chart :) ).

What do you think? Are these the worst pairings in astrology? Are you (or have you been) in such a romantic pairing? How did you fare?

Written By Ava
on April 15th, 2010 @ 11:47 am

My boyfriend and I are apparently incompatible. I’m a Scorpio and he is a Leo. He says I’m controlling but I don’t see it. Might I add I try very hard to not be controlling since he brought to my attention. I think I’m very true to my sign in regards to jealousy, but I keep it under wraps. Hopefully we’ll make it because I’m starting to fall in love with him and I want to build a life with him.

Written By Brandi Palechek
on April 15th, 2010 @ 12:23 pm

I don’t think we can assume a couple is doomed just based on their perceived sun sign compatibility. Many other Astrological factors should be considered when it comes to relationships. Taking a look at the Ascendant (Rising Sign), Moon, and Venus signs for both partners can provide more insight and help to determine true compatibility. For example, I am a Leo and one of my very best friends is a Scorpio. In fact, I usually get along extremely well with Scorpios. Perhaps my Moon sign in Scorpio has an influence on this and helps me to relate to this sign? My mom is a Virgo and my sister is a Sagittarius. They have an extremely close relationship. My sister’s ascendant is in Virgo, which might explain their compatibility. My husband is an Aquarius, the opposite of my sun sign of Leo. While we definitely struggle with different ideas and views of the world, we have a passionate, loving relationship. I appreciate hearing his views and have learned many things from him. I think the best way to know if you and your partner have a relationship that is written in the stars is to have comparison and synastry charts run using your birth chart information.

Written By Anna
on April 15th, 2010 @ 12:53 pm

Ava: As Brandi pointed out, we are always much more than a simple sun sign; we are all sums of many parts, and we can’t be fatalistic about something simply because a general overview of astrology thinks that two particular signs may or may not work well together. Good luck to you and your boyfriend, I wish you the best!

Written By Julie
on April 15th, 2010 @ 3:21 pm

When I was younger, i.e., 20′s, early 30′s, I was always seeking some type of “guarantee” that a relationship would or would not work out and turned to astrology for answers. Several professional astrologers refused to do a reading based on two people’s astro charts..and the best advice I received was “not every relationship ends up being forever, but it does not mean it’s not beneficial” with another saying “all relationships need to be played out, good or bad, to the end” it’s a karmic thing.

As I got older, and hopefully wiser, I focused my “intention” on attracting someone with similar goals/interests and a shared value system – and I ignored their sun/moon/venus signs. Finally, I met a wonderful man. I am a Virgo sun, Pisces Rising, and have a Cancer Moon. My love is an Aries, Virgo Rising and a Cancer Moon. If there is any negative in the relationship, it’s that we are both equally emotional but have learned to take turns being the nurturing one versus the needy one. All relationships require give and take – and lots of good communication – regardless of your sun signs.

Also, when I was younger I had not yet figured out that I was the one mapping out my life – and tended to yeild to other’s people’s expectations of who I should be and who I should be with: marry money, looks are most important, men should be taller, etc…what a lot of time I wasted! Or did I? Seems I have everything I want now, even though perhaps I thought I deserved it sooner.

Just more food for thought….as the older I get the less I know! This coming from a Virgo!

Written By MrsFord
on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:43 pm

Oh my Goddess, the part about Taurus & Pisces is VERY true!!! I (a pisces) had the unfortunate chance of testing this pairing with my ex-boyfriend of almost 2yrs (a taurus)& it was just so much drama constantly we still don’t even know how half of the fights started. Now we are friends & I am married to an amazingly wonderful (and can you say “STRESS-FREE” ) husband who is a Leo. So, yes, I agree with this article!

Written By Ashely
on October 1st, 2010 @ 8:56 pm

I am cancer, libra is the my nightmare. I dated three so far because they initially all look gentlemen to me, but after a short while, each of them turns out to be cold, selfish and extremely irresponsible. I swear I will never risk my feeling with another libra. Cancer and libra is a big NO NO!

Written By Ashley
on October 7th, 2012 @ 5:01 pm

I find this incredibly fascinating. I am a Sagittarius and my worst pairing was with a Capricorn. It’s very funny to me that it’s said Virgo and Sag are one of the top five worst. My soul mate is a Virgo. Yes we have some disagreements, but I’ve never been happier. Perhaps we are just the exception to the rule.