Leo, The Lion
July 22 to August 22
Keywords: Magnetic, magnanimous, confident, generous, hospitable, caring, warm, authoritative, bossy, patronizing
As a Leo, you are known for your outgoing nature; you prefer the limelight, but no matter whether or not you are being lavished with attention you will still brighten the world with your cheerfulness and natural leadership abilities. At times,Â you do need to be reminded, however, that others need attention, too; don’t be afraid to share the credit. As a fixed fire sign, you are able to not only start things but also finish them; while you get the best of both worlds, you also have a tendency to be stubborn. Whether you consider it stubbornness or determination, this quality will help you get further in life (and will help you even more if you take the time to listen to others when necessary). You take much pride in how others perceive you. The lion also lives life to the fullest, approaching each day with enthusiasm.
Leos are surrounded by a wide, ever-changing circle of acquaintances; you love gatherings and conversation. When it comes to romance, you have quite the flair for the dramatic (sunset beach walks and Hollywood kisses in the rain are usual date occasions). You know how to woo your dates, and each new relationship is a new adventure. You are attracted to independent types; you could do well to pair up with fire signs Aries or Sagittarius. Most Leos look forward to beginning a family; at times Leo parents can be overindulgent, but they make certain to impress upon their kids the importance of values and education.
Leos look for one life-long career as opposed to several different ones, though this is not always a possibility; no matter what career field you find, however, your determination and leadership skills ensure success. You are task-oriented and ambitious, which can be both a positive and a drawback. Keep things in perspective and be sure you don’t push yourself or others too hard. Budgeting comes easy to you, and you can expect to easily build the assets necessary for a comfortable retirement.
For the year ahead:
Affirmation: My action plan is financial security.
- Jupiter in Pisces (your eighth house) makes 2010 a year to expandÂ your financial wealth (and also your debt).Â Resist overindulgence and pay debt before you spend, and you can ensure that this year is profitable.
- Jupiter’s visit to your ninth house (Aries) this summer, between June and September, creates a time when you are pushed to explore your boundaries through travel, education, and spirituality.
- Saturn begins and ends the year in Libra; financial matters have been at the forefront since 2007 when Saturn entered Virgo (your second house). This has been a period of learning, one that gave you (hopefully!) new spending and saving habits. This aspect can restrict resources (indicated the need for increased budgeting), and challenges you to redefine whatÂ you value.
- Saturn in Libra highlights your third house (communication). Expect family and friends to have a more prominent place in your life in the coming year. Gain information by listening to others.
- Pluto in Capricorn (your sixth house) is noted for change on a global scale, as well as a personal one. This is a time of transformation, and since your sixth house of health is affected, be sure to follow up with routine dental and health exams. Pluto’s impact could see you transforming your habits into healthier ones, with a nutritious diet, ample sleep, and a cutback on vices.