Have you ever met an astro twin? If you want to get technical, astro twins are two people born on the same day, month, year, time, and place (making their birth charts completely identical). Though meeting such a person is extremely rare, we do often encounter “date twins:” those that are born on the same day, month, and year, but at a different time or place (or both a different time and place). Alternatively, Llewellyn’s New A to Z Horoscope Maker and Interpreter gives the following definition: Astro twins are “[t]wo people with the same Sun sign, Moon sign, and Ascendant.”
Since astro twins (and, to a lesser extent, date twins) share the same natal chart, they should be alike in every way, right? They should even look the same, since they share the same Ascendant, which governs physical features. But how much truth is there to this theory? After all, even identical twins do not share the same personalities, even though they have an identical birth chart (and DNA, for that matter).
- Mikhail Gorbachev and Tom Wolfe (March 2, 1931)
- Andy Griffith and Marilyn Monroe (June 1, 1926)
- Sigmund Freud and Robert E. Peary (May 6, 1856)
- Roger Ebert and Paul McCartney (June 18, 1942)
- Rosemary Clooney and Shirley Temple (April 23, 1928)
- George W. Bush and Peter Singer (July 6, 1946)
Do you think these celebrities would be more alike had they been true astro twins? Have you ever met an astro twin of your own?