Astro Twins: Your Astrological Doppelgänger

on August 4, 2010 | Comments (13)

Have you ever met an astro twin? If you want to get technical, astro twins are two people born on the same day, month, year, time, and place (making their birth charts completely identical). Though meeting such a person is extremely rare, we do often encounter “date twins:” those that are born on the same day, month, and year, but at a different time or place (or both a different time and place). Alternatively, Llewellyn’s New A to Z Horoscope Maker and Interpreter gives the following definition: Astro twins are “[t]wo people with the same Sun sign, Moon sign, and Ascendant.”

Since astro twins (and, to a lesser extent, date twins) share the same natal chart, they should be alike in every way, right? They should even look the same, since they share the same Ascendant, which governs physical features. But how much truth is there to this theory? After all, even identical twins do not share the same personalities, even though they have an identical birth chart (and DNA, for that matter).

Mentalfloss.com recently shared a list of 19 high-profile date twins, many of whom could not be more different. The list includes:

• Mikhail Gorbachev and Tom Wolfe (March 2, 1931)
  • Andy Griffith and Marilyn Monroe (June 1, 1926)
  • Sigmund Freud and Robert E. Peary (May 6, 1856)
  • Roger Ebert and Paul McCartney (June 18, 1942)
  • Rosemary Clooney and Shirley Temple (April 23, 1928)
  • George W. Bush and Peter Singer (July 6, 1946)

Do you think these celebrities would be more alike had they been true astro twins? Have you ever met an astro twin of your own?

Written By Alexis Meskill
on August 6th, 2010 @ 11:14 am

I have met 3 of my Astro Twins – 2 in person and 1 via FB. I shared something in common with each of them – personality wise – but we are definitely not identical! One was moody, particular and craved attention; one is passionate, loves her children, and is a teacher; the other is creative, insightful, and comforting. All attributes I have. But, the first was bent on destroying what others had; the second refuses to take responsibility for her actions; and the third is a successful business woman – all things I am not. I always said that 1 of me in this world is quite enough – I’m still sticking too that!
Peace

Written By Aroura
on August 7th, 2010 @ 8:21 am

I have only met on astral twin and we have a few things in common like a few interests but personality wise he is the stronger one of the 2 of us while I am by no means weak he just seems more I guess. Which is fine. I met him on myspace years ago and he was the first one to know what the deal was when the ex fiance and I split. still however like most 1 of me is enough for this world. :)

Written By koneko
on August 10th, 2010 @ 4:35 pm

i haven’t yet but i often dream of meeting my astro twin, or psychic twin as i heard it called before. one day our paths will cross.

Written By Liz Goss
on September 9th, 2010 @ 5:38 pm

I have known my Astro twin for 31 years when we both worked together. We got on like sisters and found each other very easy to talk to. We had very similar interests and were both tall and slim.
When we were 25, Fran was married to Roger and I was going out with Len, Len died at the age of 31 from Leukaemia, Roger died suddenly almost a year to the day later from meningitis.
Fran and I both went on to have 2 children each within a year of each other. Our eldest both born in February (a year apart), our youngest both born in September (a year apart). The 2 younger ones both ended up playing county hockey.
A couple of years ago we both had problems with the tax office causing us severe stress.
Fran and I don’t see each other too often now, maybe once or twice a year or we phone occasionally but we just carry on where we left off, no awkwardness at all.
Fran was a chef for years and Paddy her husband is a decorator. I too am a decorator and I have just met and become friendly with a chef………!!!!! spooky…. do I start getting worried???
I find the coincidences in our lives amazing.

Written By Mark
on December 15th, 2010 @ 5:32 am

I am looking for my Astro Twin, male or female. Born March 23, 1960 @ 1:36pm. My tel. is Three-O-Three, Five-nine six, Zero four, five eight. Please call or text any time!

Written By Eli
on January 12th, 2011 @ 1:02 am

I met my astro twin when we were both in hospital. We’re date twins (same day/month/year). We were very attracted to one another from the start much before we compared birthdays. We drew pictures together and played the guitar together. I lost touch with him for 7 months, but he recently got back in touch with him a week ago. Can’t wait to meet up with him this week, hopefully, we’ll still get along really well. He’s very creative and so am I.

Written By Munch
on June 14th, 2011 @ 7:30 pm

To-The-Point:”Boether: WHERE ARE THOU??? Please, any-one who SHARES This:
Birth Chart: “May 14 , 1960 – 10:30 A AST // ( 18*12*N / 67*09*W” )) Your Turn… Cheers!!

- . Saturn

Written By Karina
on March 18th, 2013 @ 5:59 pm

November 5th 1984 2:12 am. I know you’re looking for me too ;) scorpio-26@live.com

Written By Firdaus
on April 22nd, 2013 @ 3:11 am

i do believe – if seeking one’s astro twin to mention also the rising (ascendant) sign ~ just cuz someone same birthday it dont mean it will be a twin? Cuz one could be born in different time zone.. and and the ascendent can change every few minutes or hours. For example i know a set of identical twins (i was married to one of them) who born same day (of course) but 30mins apart.. so the first one is Virgo / Taurus rising and the other one is Virgo / Gemini rising ~ they look the same, sound the same, etc but the energy they gave out is totally different and their life ended up totally different as well..

Written By Christen
on January 19th, 2014 @ 3:27 am

I was born November 27th at 6:15pm in 1982 in Van Nuys California
My email is cdh1127@me.com
Sometimes I don’t check my email so email me more than once if I don’t get back to you.

Written By Cindy law
on January 25th, 2014 @ 2:15 pm

This guy in my class and webo th have the same birthday but he doesn’t know and I do omg our birthdays are coming closer what should I do I’m nervous

Written By Mark Staykov
on March 29th, 2014 @ 6:30 am

I myself have an astrological twin, but our case is probably most rare of all. First of all, I have to start off with the fact that I was born in New Zealand, and my astrological twin was born in Bulgaria. I am born on november the 3rd, 1998 at 03:00 am, and she is born on november the 2nd, 1998 at 14:00 pm, given the time difference, it is exactly the same time. Now get this, our family names are the same, she is Staykova and I am Staykov. We met last year, but now we happened to be in one class and are somewhat something like best friends, or brother and sister. I think that this phenomenom is trully amazing and deserves to be shared.