Virgo, The Virgin
August 22 to September 22
Keywords: Intelligent, detailed, discriminating, analytical, reserved, conscientious, neat
As a Virgo you are known for being detail-oriented and having a strong work ethic; you get great joy from checking items off of your to-do list. Be sure, however, not to miss the bigger picture as you focus on the details. You may have been shy in younger years, but as you gain life experience you also gain confidence. You are organized, and can piece together puzzles of vast information.
Virgos do best with those they know well; you are not that comfortable with the situation of meeting new people. Once you do meet people, however, they often become like your extended family; your closest friendships are for life. When it comes to love, Virgos are as discriminating as they are in all other aspects of their lives; this can make it difficult when searching for a partner. Pisces, your opposite sign, could make a good match, as could the other Earth signs (Taurus and Capricorn). Gemini and Sagittarius unions may not work well.
You have extremely varied interests, but Virgos are often able to pull these interests together into a fulfilling career. In your day-to-day work environment, you need the freedom to create your own schedule and maintain autonomy. A job that allows you flex time or telecommuting opportunities would appeal to you most. Your finances are generally in good shape, due to your earning power and your conservative, analytical nature. You are thrifty, though you do like to splurge at times, and you will do well with saving and long-term investments.
Your mind, packed with facts from all areas of your life, combined with your attention to detail, give you a strong sixth sense.
For the year ahead:
Affirmation: People are my source of knowledge and my lucky charm.
- Jupiter in Pisces (your seventh house) makes 2010 a year to expand your circle of friends and family. Some of these new faces will become coworkers, some will become friends or family, and still others could become lasting romantic partners.
- Jupiter’s visit to your eighth house (Aries) this summer, between June and September, creates a time when you could experience a financial windfall or raise. Be careful, though, not to overspend, as money often goes out as fast as it comes in. Spend with caution, and look forward to 2011, when you will reap the full benefits of Jupiter in Aries.
- Saturn begins and ends the year in Libra; it will remain here in your second house for the next few years. While Saturn has a a reputation for restricting income, it is more likely that you will become extremely thrifty. Aim for middle ground when it comes to saving and spending. This transit is also about taking stock of what you truly value; perhaps this is the time to clean out your closets and pare down possessions.
- The Jupiter/Uranus merger in Pisces bodes well for love at first sight, and romance in general.Â That said, be careful with commitments, as Uranus endings are almost always final.
- Pluto in Capricorn, your fifth house, encourages you to redefine yourself and move outside of your comfort zone. This transit is a long one (until 2024), so this transformation will not be a rapid one.