Scorpio, The Scorpion
October 22 to November 22
Keywords: Intense, ambitious, perceptive,Â determined, focused, secretive, jealous
As a Scorpio you are intensely determined, and are rarely deterred from achieving your goals (though this can be seen at times as stubbornness). Shrewd and intuitive, you have a mysterious aura that can be interpreted as secretive (which you indeed are at times).
Scorpios are choosy about their friends, and often have many acquaintances but few close friends; you prefer spending time with these close friends to large social events. When it comes to love, romance is essential, but you must be careful not to become too possessive or jealous. Your opposite sign, Taurus, would make a good match, as would other the water signs (Cancer and Pisces). Family relationships can be either closely bonded or detached, and often you have relationships with both types with differing family members. With children, be careful not to be too giving and to set boundaries.
When it comes to careers, Scorpios strive for influence, and do well in leadership positions; you value a fast-paced environment, but must be careful not to push yourself too hard. You have the potential for great earning power, but do have the tendency to splurge, so be sure to budget and think each purchase through.
You are kind-hearted and do all you can for those close to you.
For the year ahead:
Affirmation: I embrace fresh goals and new opportunities.
- Jupiter in Pisces (your fifth house) makes the year ahead once of social activities. This could also be a great year for romance.
- Jupiter’s visit to your sixth house (Aries) this summer gave you a preview of what you can expect in 2011 when it comes to money and careers; this could easily be a year of positive advances in your work and financial life.
- Saturn will be in Libra most of the year, which means that you can expect your friendships and social circle to be highlighted. Now is a good time to become involved in a charitable activity or to start a club of some sort.
- The Saturn will align with Uranus across your sixth/twelfth house axis, so you may feel unsettled about your work life and should also take the time to schedule your regular dental and other medical wellness checkups.
- Pluto in Capricorn, your third house, brings about a desire to discover your inner self, whether through study or creative pursuit. Your third house is also associated with family and neighbors, so you may become more involved with these individuals as well.