Jodi Livon, author of The Happy Medium, joined Kare11 News at 4 yesterday to share some tips for spiritual spring cleaning.
Some tips she provided for cleaning away negative thoughts as we clear away the dust and dirt of the winter months included:
- Put on comfy clothes.
- Put on soft comforting music.
- Open your windows.
- Run the water and allow your mind to empty and the water to wash your mind clean.
- Get a handful of toothpicks; as you move through your home, sweeping or vacuuming or cleaning a drawer, be aware of your thoughts. When a negative thought pops up, grab a toothpick, release the thought as your roll the toothpick between your fingers and then toss the toothpick in the garbage.
- Each time a negative thought arises, repeat this process. Empty the garbage, toss the water out onto the ground, close the windows and let your positive thoughts bloom.
- Let your old thoughts go and let yourself grow.
Visit Kare11.com to watch the full segment.