Taurus, The Bull
April 20 to May 21
Keywords: Stubbornness, perseverance, stability, dependability, sensuality
As a bull, you are known for your determination and willpower, but, taken too far, these traits can turn into stubbornness. You are stable and find security in routine, which can often make change difficult. Be careful to not let your unease with change rule your life. Possessions are important to you, with Venus as your ruler. While it is nice to enjoy the finer things in life, be sure to donate or sell old items that serve no purposeâ€”it is always possible that your love of possessions is tied to an emotional insecurity.
Your friends know that they can always count on you, and you are sensitive to the needs of others (though the latter can make you prone to gullibility; be careful at times when helping others out). You feel complete when part of a couple; even though you are highly selective of your partners, once you find the one you will be highly devoted. Family is highly important to you; you have strong ties to siblings and your extended family, and you are proud of your children (show them encouragement and give constructive criticism, as you often have high expectations of your kids).
When it comes to work, you prefer environments that give you not only stability but also autonomy. That said, be careful not to get too stuck with one job or company; changes often occur, and don’t shy away from a prospective opportunity. Taurus is also one of the universal money signs. This, in combination with your practicality, can equal a large net worth.
For the year ahead:
Affirmation: I embrace a healthy lifestyle.
- Jupiter in Ariesâ€”your twelfth houseâ€”through June 3 will provide a period of relaxation from your normally hectic schedule.
- Jupiter then visits your sign, Taurus, beginning June 4. You experienced a preview of this lucky transit last summer, and you can experience luck and good fortune when you most need it.
- Uranus began its seven-year transit of Aries last month; during these next years, you may find yourself being more comfortable being behind the scenes than acting as star on life’s stage. This could potentially be a more powerful position for you in the long run.
- Saturn spends the entire year in Libra, your sixth house (work). You may feel under-appreciated or overwhelmed, but you will receive due recognition for your efforts in 2012.
- Pluto continues its long transit of Capricorn, making this time ideal for education, whether learning something new through structured classes, friends or family, or travel.