Breaking Up is Hard to Do

This post was written by Brandi Palechek
on June 6, 2011 | Comments (14)

Hi! My name is Brandi Palechek. For the past four years I have had the privilege of working as the Online Marketing Specialist for Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. For the past three years—along with all the members of Llewellyn’s incredible Marketing team—I have had the pleasure and honor of playing hostess to the Llewellyn community on Facebook and Twitter. Since March of 2009, you’ve read my posts on Facebook and responded to my tweets every Monday as well as the occasional Thursday. I’ve also been the person who signed off for the week almost every Friday evening at the end of the day.

All of that is about to change. You see, tomorrow, Tuesday, June 7, 2011, will be my last day working here at Llewellyn.

I know what you are thinking, “What? Is she crazy?! How could she quit a dream job working at the coolest publisher, EVER?”

I completely agree and have frequently questioned my sanity in the past weeks since giving notice to my manager. However, I recently turned 40 and for whatever reason it seemed to be an age where it felt like a good time to reflect on my accomplishments, goals, and dreams.

When I looked at my future at Llewellyn and compared it to where I wanted to go and who I wanted to be, I realized I had become very comfortable in my current job. Being comfortable can be dangerous. It allows us to settle in to a day-to-day routine that feels easy and then one day wake up realizing our lives have passed us by. Being comfortable doesn’t challenge us to grow outside of what we are and become what we can be.

As I reflected on the direction I might take next, I decided to make my own way in the world. Yep, I’m goin’ rogue. I am launching my own digital marketing consulting firm and starting a career as an independent Digital Marketing Strategist.

I believe working for myself will provide me with the challenge I am seeking and help me to grow into the woman I am meant to be. It will also give me the freedom to choose my own hours and work from home. I want to be there for my 6 year-old daughter during the summer months and when she gets home after the school.

I grew up reading the Llewellyn books. I always knew the work Llewellyn did was special, but I honestly didn’t know how special until I had the chance to talk with the amazing group of fans who read, live, and breathe these books and topics. I can’t tell you how much it has meant to me to have had the opportunity to connect with all of you on Facebook and Twitter. I’ve learned so much and had so much fun. A thousand thank you’s could not express the gratitude I feel for all that you have given me.

Llewellyn is special not only because of its fans, but also because it publishes the work of truly amazing authors, and even more so, because of all the extremely talented people who work here at the offices in Woodbury, Minnesota. I have never worked with a group of more talented and inspiring individuals than those here at Llewellyn.

As, Neil Sedaka said in the song, “Breaking up is hard to do.” Coming in to the office today knowing the end is nigh felt strange for me. I am sure tomorrow will be a very emotional day. It has been a difficult decision, but ultimately the right one for me.

I’ll sign off here on the blog one last time, but I won’t say goodbye because I’ll always be part of the community of Llewellyn fans and readers.

Blessings and light to all of you out there and to all of my friends here at Llewellyn! Blessed be!

Written By Lady Venus
on June 6th, 2011 @ 10:16 am

I wish you well in your en devours.

Love and Blessings,
Lady Venus

Written By Rose Vanden Eynden
on June 6th, 2011 @ 10:32 am

Oh, Brandi, we’ll miss you! I wish you only the best in your new ventures. Please keep in touch! Bright blessings, Rose

Written By Donald Michael Kraig
on June 6th, 2011 @ 10:34 am

Thank you, Brandi, for all the work you’ve done. You will be missed!

Written By Angela
on June 6th, 2011 @ 10:57 am

It is good to see you are following your heart! Best of luck to you on your next adventure.

Written By Lyn
on June 6th, 2011 @ 11:37 am

Wishing you the best of Luck on your New Journey.

Written By Elysia
on June 6th, 2011 @ 12:48 pm

Brandi, we will miss you so much! You’ve been a terrific coworker and I’ve really enjoyed getting to know you better! Good luck in your new pursuits!

Written By Jhenah
on June 6th, 2011 @ 1:14 pm

Many blessings and much joy to you as you embark upon this new leg of your life’s journey, Brandi!

Written By Linda Raedisch
on June 6th, 2011 @ 2:54 pm

I wish you a successful new era. Here’s a tip: don’t let the moms from school know you’re working from home!

Written By Tam Evans
on June 6th, 2011 @ 5:40 pm

Many Bright Blessings! Follow your dreams Love. In the past 12 years Ive learned that lesson well. *hugs*

Written By Jo
on June 6th, 2011 @ 6:58 pm

Ah… a fork in the road and a path less traveled has caught your wanderous spirit. What a wonderful, adventurous new journey! You will be fine.

Written By Ellen Dugan
on June 6th, 2011 @ 8:40 pm

Brandi,
Good luck and best wishes!
Blessed be, Ellen Dugan

Written By PaperbackGoddess
on June 6th, 2011 @ 10:06 pm

I just recently found my way to the Llewellyn communities, and I have to agree that they are very welcoming and a wonderful thing to experience. I wish that I had more opportunity to get to know you, but I understand the motivations. I have a 6 year old daughter at home as well, and a 2 year old son. I don’t think I would trade anything for being there with them. Best wishes and brightest blessings for your endeavor. May it all work out for you. :)

Written By Vicky Macabenta
on June 7th, 2011 @ 1:13 pm

Dear Brandi,
I too am in that age I’ll be 42. and I am also trying to regain myself. I am starting with a new home based job that I have found to be completely rewarding. I wish you the best and may Our Lord and Lady guide you on this journey you are about to take. Blessed be! I hope you find the adventure you are looking for. Also check out this website I believe it will be promising for you as much as it’s helped me… getfreedom.net~~ Again Blessed be!! Vicky Macabenta

Written By AstroHerbalist
on June 7th, 2011 @ 1:50 pm

Oh Brandi, I have so enjoyed your reaching out to the Llewellyn community online these last few years. I completely understand your desire to be home with your daughter, and kids DO grow up faster than we can know. I wish you the VERY best in your new ventures!!