Getting Up Close and Personal with Any Card
After learning basic meanings for each card, most students want to dig deeper. And even seasoned practitioners continue to deeper their relationship to each card. It has been really fascinating for me to step back and watch how my own relationship with the cards evolved over time. This is one reason people rarely grow bored with tarotâ€¦the relationship between the user and the cards is also changing.
On blogs and social networks, it is common to see lists of questions about oneâ€™s self that are meant to be answered publicly and then forwarded to friends. Next time you see one of these, after youâ€™ve answered the questions for yourself, use them for a tarot card. Pull out a card and image what answers it would give. Try it on a randomly drawn card, one you love, one you hate, one that confuses you, or one that seems to stalk you. Itâ€™s a fast and fun way to get to know a card. Itâ€™s also a good activity to do with a group if everyone writes about the same card; compare and contract the answers for a great discussion.
If you havenâ€™t seen a Meme in while, here are some questions that you can use in the meantime:
- Are you currently in a serious relationship?
- What was your dream growing up?
- What talent do you wish you had?
- If I bought you a drink what would it be?
- Favorite vegetable?
- Favorite color?
- Favorite and least favorite food?
- What was the last book you read?
- What zodiac sign are you?
- Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
- Worst Habit?
- If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
- What is your favorite sport?
- Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude?
- What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
- Worst thing to ever happen to you?
- Tell me one weird fact about you.
- Do you have any pets?
- What was your first impression of me?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
- Would you be my crime partner or my conscience?
- Ever been arrested?
- What’s your favorite place to hang out?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
- Biggest pet peeve?
- In one word, how would you describe yourself?