Many querents want to know when something will happen or when a situation will be resolved. Timing is a tricky thing and most readers have their own ways of handling timing questions that theyâ€™ve developed through trial and error.
Here are some techniques:
1. Build the issue of timing into the question, such as â€śwhat can I expect in terms of my love life in the next three months?â€ť
2. Scan the reading and use the numbers to indicate where the situation is in its development. If there are multiples of a certain range of numbers, that lets you know where the situation is. For example if there are multiple:
Aces â€“ Threes: the situation is just beginning or in the early stages.
Fours â€“ Sixes: the situation is in the middle.
Sevens â€“ Nines: the situation is nearing the end.
Tens: the situation is all but over.
3. Pull a single card asking the question â€śwhen.â€ť If you pull:
- A court card, use its astrological dates associated with that card (these are very specific, for example the King of Pentacles is April 11 â€“ May 10).
- A Major Arcana, use either its astrological associations (just as the courts have) or say â€śone year or more.â€ť I use the latter method.
- A minor card use the number and suit to determine the timeâ€¦people have their own associations, but I use: wands = days, wands and swords = weeks, cups and pentacles = months. With wands, I use my intuition and the rest of the reading to determine whether it is days or weeks. The number, then, means the number of the unit of time. For example, 8 of Cups would be eight months.