Reader’s Favorites 1

on March 20, 2012 | Comments (6)

I’ve invited people to share their favorite Llewellyn tarot books or decks by answering three questions. If you want to share yours, leave a note in the comments, including your email address, and I will contact you.

Today Linda West shares her answers:

1. What is your favorite Llewellyn tarot book or deck?
Funny you should ask…I have had a very intimate, daily relationship with the Robin Wood Tarot deck and Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis for the past 8 years or more. Then I heard about The Gilded Tarot deck on the Tarotholics FaceBook page. I ordered it from my local new age shop and it came with your companion book. I have spent 30+ minutes every day with them since!
2. What do you love most about it?
The Gilded Tarot deck: Even though I am somewhat “hard of seeing” and do not wear my glasses when I read, the cards speak their meaning to me quietly, clearly and confidently.
The Companion book: The concise interpretations, the enlightening references to the corresponding Major Arcana Cards, the nice section on various spreads in the back.

3. How has it changed/affected/enhanced your tarot practice?
A) I spend twice as much time with my cards every day.
On a recent business trip to Atlanta I felt empowered enough to offer to do readings for some busniess associates I have known for almost 10 years and who had no idea I am “new agey”. I even did the readings in the lobby of the hotel! The readings (with the Gilded Tarot deck I had only had for one day) were all so spot on, reasurring and beautiful that many of them have gone on to request astology readings as well.

Written By Alchemist of Phoenix
on March 20th, 2012 @ 1:05 pm

Sounds very interesting!

Written By Hilary
on March 20th, 2012 @ 2:03 pm

Ooh, pick me! I would love to answer questions about my tarot deck addiction… ;) My email address is tarrytowntarot@gmail.com

Thanks!

Written By Ty Bevington
on March 20th, 2012 @ 3:48 pm

Barbara, I’d be happy to share my views- email me, Ty Bevington at tribarhelmet@yahoo.com.

Written By ALZOREL
on April 25th, 2012 @ 4:42 pm

1. What is your favorite Llewellyn tarot book or deck?
MY FAVORITE DECK IS: INITIATORY TAROT OF THE GOLDEN DAWN AND I HAVE A COLLECTION OF ABOUT 40 OTHER TAROT DECKS.

2. What do you love most about it?
IT FEELS LIKE I KNOW THE DECK LIKE IT’S FIGURES HAVE A MEANING SOME TIMES.

3. How has it changed/affected/enhanced your tarot practice?
UNFORTUNATELY I’M NO PSYCHIC AND I CAN’T NEVER PREDICT ANYTHING WITH THE CARDS I GET SOOO CONFUSED ONCE I DO THE SPREAD I CAN’T MAKE HEADS OR TAILS.

IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU COULD CONTACT ME MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS DUKEDELEON6@HOTMAIL.COM

Written By Sarah Tracy
on May 2nd, 2012 @ 6:02 pm

Hi Barbara,
I have just created a new deck and would love to have your opinion. I started with the original, Rider Waite. My deck is more for beginners and for meditation on the cards as the images are in the style of magical realism. I hope you can come and see and my deck as I would value your opinion greatly.

Thank you for all the beautiful decks you have created, they are stunning!

Kindest regards,