4 Ways to Tell if a Psychic Is Real

on March 12, 2013 | Comments (8)

Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Karen Page, author of My Life Across the Table.

I have been very blessed to meet and read for thousands of people all over the world, and have found that for most human beings—no matter the country of residence, language spoken, chosen vocation, or religion—the threads that bind us together are the same. We all want to be safe, be able to pay our bills, make sure our children are cared for and protected, be healthy and vital…and of course we want to feel loved.

We all live someplace, work someplace, and hopefully have meaningful relationships in our lives. On the surface of our lives, the everyday things that we share appear to be the same.

I look at this through different eyes, though, because the truth is that everyone’s life truly is different, regardless of appearances. Our journey in this life and how we fulfill our karmic lessons make each of us a unique individual; it is the details of our lives that are unique, and the differences what define our individuality.

If a psychic is real they will immediately tell you something pertinent to your life at the beginning of your reading. This is something you can immediately identify as your own, and relevant to what is going on in your life at that time. They must say something specific about your current circumstances. Is the psychic asking you personal questions about your life? They shouldn’t have to ask you anything. It is these details, which let you know a psychic is reading for you and not your neighbor, that truly define a psychic’s ability.

These things being said, here are my four rules to help you decide if a psychic is the “real deal:”

1. A psychic should be detached and not inject their personal opinion. This is your life, and the psychic is not your mother.
  2. A psychic must be honest, and not hedge or hold back information. It’s not their information to keep.
  3. A psychic must be accurate and specific. If the reading is vague, meaning that they are making statements that could fit anybody’s life, then they are not the real deal. Before you go ahead with a reading, the reader should give you information regarding something that you can identify in your life right now.
  4. Let the reader do the talking—you shouldn’t have to impart a lot of information. After all, that is the psychic’s job, now isn’t it?

Our thanks to Karen for her guest post! For more from Karen Page, read her article “How Does a Psychic Reading Happen?.”

Written By tania
on January 1st, 2014 @ 12:05 pm

I have been scammed by psychic before, after dating a guy for three months they all told me he was,coming back,after he moved away i found out on face book that he was married, not on of the psychic pick up on that.so two yrs later I met a girl we dated for almost 3 yrs, so I decided to try different companies of psychic reading, which once again I was scammed out of hundred of dollars just to hear the same words, yes she’s coming back it’s been a yrs with no return. My best aadvice is to pray and pray hard.

Written By Shamika
on September 9th, 2014 @ 3:43 pm

I want too know if psychic or real??

Written By Lorey Jones
on October 4th, 2014 @ 6:59 am

Hello From Lorey : Unless you ask the psychic a specific question. A Psychic should be able to let you know the reason why you are contacting them in the first 4 minutes of the reading. Not every detail. But a least something.Also being a spiritual psychic helps. Because of the higher energies that the psychic is working with.And the psychic should be able to give timing dates for when things will happen. http://www.arealpsychicreader.com

Written By Jayme LaFleur
on January 27th, 2015 @ 11:25 pm

I do believe there are scammers, and I also believe there are the real deals. I don’t consider myself a psychic, but I do know that I’m able to pick up on the energy of others VERY easily. I can feel if something is wrong without even seeing them or hearing them. I also get messages from my intuition…things I wouldn’t have ever known in a million years that always end up being creepy in their accuracy. This is really all about building on your own intuition and allowing yourself to be guided by that intuition to direct you on your correct life’s path. It is literally like tuning into a different radio frequency….kind of like, when you meditate, you know it’s working when you are moved to a different place, or different inner vibration. It’s kind of the same feeling in a sense. Coincidences are NOT coincidences. That’s your intuition bringing you to that certain place, showing you your intuition. I spent so many years of my life seeing all of these coincidences and writing them off as sheer chance. When I started to accept the truth about it, my intuition exploded.

Written By clairvoyant in Brisbane
on April 9th, 2015 @ 1:15 am

Everyone have their own opinion, As per my belief clairvoyant readings is a science and you can’t ignore science.

Written By Kelly Sebastian
on June 25th, 2015 @ 3:38 pm

I understand what your saying by anyone reading shouldn’t have to ask questions, but I must say there is nothing wrong at all with having clients ask you something specifically. sometimes clients are wondering about a specific relationship, a specific job. The article makes it sound as if its wrong to ask a client “what can I help you with?” There is nothing wrong about that at all.
I can do a reading, a very thorough reading, but sometimes my clients want to ask about a certain man in their life, or their relationship with their mother or kids.
That is more specific. That doesn’t make the reading less authentic because I asked how I can help them.
In the end, it is the reader who is either authentic or not. Bottom line. HOW or the SPECIFICS of the reading are up to the reader. I do not want or like and dont have a set pattern of how I do a reading, it just happens. And when I dont feel it, I dont do the reading. Because I know that what I am doing is right. This is authentic.

Written By Wondering
on July 31st, 2015 @ 3:47 am

Every psychic I’ve consulted has disappointed me. They seem only able to speak about three subjects. 1. Love. 2. Occupation/money. 3. Health. I am interested in none of these. My questions are quite specific, but no psychic (so-called) has ever said to me, “You are here to ask about X.”

They all fail due to their lack of intellect and education.

They all make silly assumptions based on my age and gender and appearance, and make statements derived from a quick “assessment” of me that reveal at once their ignorance, and their fraudulent stance.

I still seek answers. I have met only the half-baked. Are there really any genuine psychics? I wonder…