Saturn Retrograde, February 18 – July 7

on February 15, 2013 | Comments (13)

Saturn begins its retrograde motion in Scorpio on Monday, February 18, continuing “backwards” until July 7. Just like any other retrograde planet (including that trickster Mercury—which will also turn retrograde on February 23, stationing direct on March 17), periods of retrograde are periods of “re:” renewing, reflecting, restarting, etc. Instead of being viewed negatively, these retrograde periods are a positive time to slow down (especially as Saturn begins to turn retrograde, and then for the next few days after) and possibly make some necessary changes.

Saturn, ruler of Capricorn and the tenth house, symbolizes goals, responsibilities, and limits, so now is the time to reflect on any sources of frustration in your life caused by these things (or a lack of). Now is not the time to start new projects but rather to finish up any Saturn-related business left unattended. Saturn in Scorpio provides us a time to set goals related to ambition and determination; perhaps these goals themselves are what need to be re-evaluated (again with the “re”).

In her book Cosmic Karma, author and astrologer Marguerite Manning offers the following explanation of Saturn in our charts:

What does Saturn mean in our individual natal chart? Exactly what it reflected in the medieval sky: limitations, hard work, and obstacles. It also represents what can be accomplished by overcoming them: success.

Pay attention to what house in your chart Saturn stations retrograde in, as that is where you will be most impacted (depending on the house, the focus of your re-assessments could be money, relationships, career, etc.). Use this time to gain insight and grow, making plans for the changes you will make when Saturn goes direct on July 7.

Written By lynette
on February 17th, 2013 @ 12:10 am

That’s a straight forward explanation. I can relate to the retrograde stuff that is about to play in the next few days. And yes finishing off a major project will keep my busy until about July. As I posted on facebook that the works of fiction I am putting the finishing touches to and organising to self publish these works is both a exciting and a slog.

Readings like this are a like a compass and invaluable for someone like me who has a very basis understanding of astrology but enough the get my head.

Written By Johnny
on February 19th, 2013 @ 10:57 am

I couldn’t help dread this Saturn retrograde, as it prolongs a painful Saturn square my natal Moon (2d Leo, 6th house), which has been ongoing since November 2011. I’ve had mild depression since around this date and Saturn had just about moved out of orb from the square to my Moon this month. I’ve actually started to feel a little better in February after a long time. It almost seems like a cruel joke that Saturn station-retrogrades at this degree of Scorpio! The square to my Moon will not end until October 2013 now.

My last Saturn-square-Moon transit was when my mum passed away and I was overcoming social phobia (fear – Saturn – of being in public – Moon!) That hasn’t repeated thankfully but the depression has taken its toll. I had another Saturn-square-Moon transit very early in my life but can’t recall as much, except being ill at the time.

Any else ever experienced a Saturn square Moon or other difficult Saturn transit?
J

Written By Tim
on February 20th, 2013 @ 5:46 am

Hmmm Saturn went all the way to the end of my 12th house-almost touched the degree of my ascendant(12 degrees scorpio) and then decided it wants to go retrograde back to my pluto in the 12th house. i got really sick when saturn transited my natal pluto(12th house). I got really sick during that time. Fought with my gf a lot too. Wasn’t that bad of a time though… It’s going to almost touch it(miss it by one degree) and move back towards my ascendent. I like saturn being close to my ascendent. I picked up some really good habits when saturn starting inching really close and got rid of a lot of bad ones as well. I don’t like these 12th house lessons though. Every since Saturn moved in to my 12th house-it seems like everyone is trying to play mind games with me or something. It’s like violating your sense of dignity of a spiritual level. People act in ways that I have never seen before(wow people do this???)-I’m hoping this bullshit nonsense will be gone when saturn is done with my 12th house and pluto.

Written By Ter
on February 22nd, 2013 @ 6:43 pm

Hey Tim, mind games is part of the mature nature of observing it on a soul evolution level. You almost have to psyche yourself into knowing that this is their soul script-role. Maybe something they didn’t conquer in a past life. The gaming mind-brain following a habit, isn’t that what it does? Playing the Divine-Source NPL visual programming. (An Infinite Intelligent Plan)~ It does what it does, try to stay conscious and balance. If you become caught up within the play, then your not listening with 2 ears. Hang in There, your not alone ♥

Written By Sunil
on March 2nd, 2013 @ 5:33 am

7th June N. H. Sixty Two,
ORAI, U.P.
07.15 AM

Is my Saturn retro?

Written By Lynda Calder
on March 13th, 2013 @ 7:42 am

yes saturns beıng hoverıng over my mercury. venus neptune conjunctıon ın my 6th house. and dont forget the mutual receptıon saturns makıng wıth pluto. as my ascendant ruler ıs mercury. ı cant even put ınto words my comments agh

Written By Marshall
on April 1st, 2013 @ 9:10 pm

Hello,all. This Saturn square Moon transit, had me experience the death of my mother. I have Moon in Aquarius. I feel very lonely now, because, I have no other living relatives living in this city, and I was an only child. The impact has become stronger and I am coping by exercising, and meditating. I miss her very much.

Written By Marshall
on April 1st, 2013 @ 9:16 pm

This Saturn square Moon, brought the death of my mother. I have no other relatives living here now, and I was an only child. I am very lonely now, and the retrograde is prolonging this re-assessment of my life.