It’s Worse than That…

This post was written by Donald Michael Kraig
on April 19, 2013 | Comments (13)

Kirk - “Is he dead?”
McCoy -”it’s worse than that Jim, his brain’s gone.”

The above dialog comes from the first episode of the third season of the original Star Trek. The episode was first shown in 1968, was the first episode in the “we’ll put this show here to die” time slot of 10:00 p.m. on Fridays, and demonstrated the “quality” of their new, lower budget. It’s generally considered one of the worst of all the original episodes. Two of the stars, Leonard Nimoy and William Shatner, have stated that they didn’t like it. Dialog like the above is on par with the infamous “But one thing’s sure. Inspector Clay is dead, murdered, and somebody’s responsible” from 1959′s Plan 9 from Outer Space, often regarded as the worst film ever made.

So why am I writing about bad movies and bad TV? Today, I feel as if someone said that about me: “his brain’s gone.” I’m facing a crisis of indecision due to so many potentials. There are so many topics I could write on here:

• Magickal techniques
  • Rituals
  • Magickal philosophy
  • Tantra
  • Sex magick
  • History of magick
  • Famous people in the history of magick
  • Early cultures and their relation to magick
  • Deities
  • Tarot
  • Psychic abilities
  • Psychic self-defence
  • Meditation
  • Astral projection and travel
  • Reviews of books
  • Wicca and Witchcraft

And on and on andon andonandon.

So where do I start? Instead of picking one and just doing it, I jump from one to another and end up doing nothing.

Finally, I decided. I’d ask readers.

What would you like to read more about in my blog?
What’s important to know?
What would you like me to share?

Lots of people blog to share things like how they feel or what they had to eat for lunch. I’d much rather write so that when you finished reading you know something that can be of use to you. So let me know what you think. You can post to the comments section below or email me directly: DonK@Llewellyn.com .

Written By Janice M. Burke
on April 19th, 2013 @ 10:27 am

Since the brain is gone anyway how about zen meditation?
I know many, many people that are experiencing thought loss lately. So how about living in zen. :)

Written By Chase
on April 19th, 2013 @ 10:47 am

Anything that’s beyond Golden Dawn Magick.

Written By Donald Michael Kraig
on April 19th, 2013 @ 10:49 am

Hi, Chase. What do you mean by “beyond?” Do you mean “other than?”

Written By Ty Bevington
on April 19th, 2013 @ 11:14 am

Don,

I’d like more on the early history of magick within other cultures (non 20th/21st century USA/Europe) and more on famous occultist of all cultures.

Thanks,

Ty

Written By Jim Hill
on April 19th, 2013 @ 12:27 pm

Don,
I’ve been trying to access my Akashic Records for 20 some years. Worked on self hypnosis and Astral projection along with dowsing with a pendulum for ways to accomplish that. The pendulum seems to work well with me but otherwise I’ve had no luck. Always believed that “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear” in life. My birth chart is favorable with spiritual growth and would like to know what my Karma is and I am in the correct direction. Any articles in that direction would be my two cents.

Written By LJF Wolffe
on April 19th, 2013 @ 1:45 pm

I’d love to see an article on ‘psychic or spiritual hygiene;’ not only to keep your wards in place etc., but to clean out the negative. I’ve seen some things lately about the kemetic(?) concept of miasma, and know that the concept shows up in many places, but you rarely see anything on it from a multidisciplinary point of view. If I’m making any sense, and if the idea inspires you, I’d love to read what you have to say on it!

Written By Emilio
on April 19th, 2013 @ 8:51 pm

How about you pick a topic from the list below. Make a series Example: 1-15, and when your done go to the next topic on the list below.

Magickal techniques
Rituals
Magickal philosophy
Tantra
Sex magick
History of magick
Famous people in the history of magick
Early cultures and their relation to magick
Deities
Tarot
Psychic abilities
Psychic self-defence
Meditation
Astral projection and travel
Reviews of books
Wicca and Witchcraft

Written By RMMG
on April 19th, 2013 @ 10:01 pm

You very rarely talk about sounds. I have always been sensitive to music and I notice you rarely mention casual listening let alone trance inducing music. Blog about your experiences with sounds. What is your sound track? What do you prefer to have for certain rituals. Tantric exercises and practices? Meditation? During chores and housework? Is it even music? Perhaps nature sounds or industrial techno.

Written By Chirotus
on April 21st, 2013 @ 4:46 pm

I’d love to see more stories of your own early magical experiences and successes.

Otherwise, just write your topic ideas on 5×3 notecards and shuffle.

Written By Richard
on April 21st, 2013 @ 6:41 pm

Hi Don,
I am working with your excellent book Modern Magick, and I am just doing the LBRP everyday. I have faithfully been doing it for about three weeks. I have run across various people on the internet saying the invoking version of the pentagram ritual is more useful, because the LBRP just banishes everything away day in and day out. Since I’m a newbie, I’m not worried about it. Perhaps an article about the LIRP?

Blessings,
Richard

Written By Philip Whiting
on April 22nd, 2013 @ 12:42 am

A colleague recently emailed me. Relevant part, in brief : “The person who taught me in these matters said that the Ka-Ba-La was the priest-like path of the LAW…and the Ka-Ba-Sa was the path of the HEART…as taught by Jesus”. There is a lot here to disentangle – where would you start ?

Written By Allen
on April 25th, 2013 @ 1:43 am

Hi Don,

I’m an IT guy from the Philippines. What I’d really love to read you blog/write about is a streamlined curriculum of Magick for very busy people.

Say if a very busy guy who was not rich (yet) and doesn’t have a lot of time because of his life circumstances asked you for a skeleton version of your Modern Magick curriculum, what would you give him? No ritual weapons, no robes, just the essential rituals and meditations. I know other authors have written something like his, but I’m interested in how *you* would frame it. If you we’re to write a pragmatic, results-oriented guide to magick, what would it look like.

I have both editions of MM by the way, but I’m finding it hard to go through ALL of it even after I’ve decided to postpone the making and consecration of the ritual weapons and the rainbow wand.

Written By Clint
on April 26th, 2013 @ 5:43 am

What are your thoughts about Panentheism and Panendeism and which view do you prefer?