A Reading for the New Website

on September 17, 2009 | Comments (11)

This week Llewellyn opened its new home on the internet to the world. There are many great features for you. I confess that my favorite parts so far are the blogs. They lend a very open, welcoming, fresh, and personal feel, don’t they? I also like how each blog is separate, exploring its own path and developing its own personality. But then, all the blogs come together in the Roundtable. Each month each of us bloggers will contribute to a single question or topic, exploring it from our own area of interest or expertise.  This month we are all talking about the our new home. So I did a reading for the site. I used the Gilded Tarot and pulled three cards with no spread positions. Believe me, I was nervous. What if The Tower came up? Can you imagine me going to our IT department and saying, “Batten down the hatches! Something is going to happen?” Yeah, me either.

The Justice card says that the consequences of our actions are at hand. Whatever we did in the past is directly affecting our present. Specifically, the resulting website is exactly what we created–it contains all the vision, all the talent, all skills we poured into it. It also contains all the shortcuts, all the mistakes, and all the human errors (oh, but surely there aren’t many of these!).

The 3 of Pentacles is beautiful card for this situation. All of the energy, time, and effort put into a project have come together to create something wonderful, that we can display proudly. However, this card reminds us that everything is not quite complete. Some tweaks and fine tuning remain to be done.

Hurray for the Six of Wands. And hurray for us! This moment, our proud unveiling of our beautiful new home, is filled with well-earned pride. It also, and more importantly, brings the good wishes and respect of our friends who share our joy.

Whew! I’m so glad that was a good reading. I feel a bit like a fairy godmother who can bestow a blessing or curse on a baby. I think this counts as a blessing. If you want to bestow a blessing, come into our new home on the internet, read, share, participate. We’re so happy to have you.

Written By Lisa Hunt
on September 17th, 2009 @ 7:51 am

The new website looks great so far. I like the fairy godmother reference–so fitting. To many, you are exactly that. Looking forward to more blog readings! I think it’s a great idea and one that will result in devout readership, I am quite sure.

Written By Barbara Moore
on September 17th, 2009 @ 8:13 am

Thanks, Lisa! I’m sure your new deck has infiltrated my heart and hence the fairy godmother connection! I should do a reading with it for the site!

Written By Brandi Palechek
on September 17th, 2009 @ 8:59 am

All I can say is, “Whew!” :-)

Written By Joanne
on September 17th, 2009 @ 12:20 pm

The reading was fantastic. I love the blog!

Written By Barbara Moore
on September 17th, 2009 @ 12:29 pm

Thanks Joanne! Hope to see you around again.

Written By AarTiana
on September 19th, 2009 @ 7:03 pm

Awesome reading Barbara – yes, it is true, I had a couple friends check the search in the spell-a-day-online area for my spells and it didn’t work – I am sure these things are being ported over eventually and maybe it will be operational after Mercury Rx!

Written By Trina
on September 20th, 2009 @ 3:13 pm

Love the look and feel of the new site…I am finding it hard to locate the freebies, such as tarot readings and the moon phase tracker….

Written By Barbara Moore
on September 21st, 2009 @ 6:52 am

Trina, they are still on our site, just organized differently. The tarot readings are in the tarot section, the moon phase in astrology, and the spell-a-day in the nature-based & pagan section. Hope that helps!

Written By Lada
on September 23rd, 2009 @ 12:49 pm

thanks for the reading. I bought the gilded tarot and your companion book as my first foray into this realm.
I appreciate your spins and thoughts.

Written By Barbara Moore
on September 24th, 2009 @ 7:44 am

Lada, hello! I do hope you are enjoying The Gilded Tarot. Thanks for stopping by the blog. If you have questions or things you’d like me to write about, just add them to the comments.

Written By casa
on November 21st, 2012 @ 11:29 pm

Are you organizing a visit to an spectacular spot?

Taking a business trip? Visiting family? Then make sure you’re prepared by reading through most of this short article. On this page, we’ll be exceeding all that you should
use a safe, effective vacation, regardless of why you’re taking it.