5 Best Astrological Love Pairings

on April 15, 2010 | Comments (25)

A few days ago, I received an email from my mother with a link to an article in her local Albuquerque paper. The article was regarding the 5 Worst Astrological Love Pairings. Michelle Solomon, author of the original article, posted a follow up article with the “5 Best Astrological Matchups for Love.” (And, thanks to my wonderful mother, it was promptly delivered to my email inbox this morning.)

Again, I could not agree with Ms. Solomon more in her analysis. Below are her predictions for the 5 Best Astrological Love Pairings:

happySagittarius and Gemini
This is a combination based on friendship. They approach the adventures of life head on, and together. While they are driven to travel for differing reasons, they do make excellent travel companions. Sagittarius is excited by the new ideas continually offered up by Gemini, and Gemini is always entertained by Sagittarius’ quick wit.

Leo and Capricorn
Capricorn and Leo bring out the best in each other in a relationship. Both are of one mind when it comes to financial matters and solving problems. They both enjoy socializing (while Leo generally puts themself in the center of the party, they will at times make room for their Capricorn partner).

Cancer and Scorpio
These two water signs create an emotional connection that runs deep. Cancer has a need for family and strong roots, and Scorpio forms a strong bond with those whom it loves. Both signs are highly intuitive, and the two signs provide each other with intellectual and emotional guidance. At times, Cancer’s calm can keep Scorpio’s possessiveness at bay.

Libra and Pisces
Both Libras and Pisceans are strongly driven to find a soul mate. Both signs desire love, beauty, and material comforts, along with comfort of a relationship. Both signs share a love of arts and a sensitive nature, as well as a mutual love of animals. Often, Pisces may let the teacher in Libra take the lead in the relationship.

Virgo and Libra
The Virgo‘s desire for order and perfection keeps Libra grounded, while Libra helps the Type A Virgo loosen up a bit. The strategic mind of Libra also meshes well with Virgo’s logic. Both enjoy intellectual pursuits and growth, and this sign pairing can be indicative of a pair of very loyal lovers.

What say you? Anyone a part of one of these “perfect” pairs?

Written By Brandi Palechek
on April 15th, 2010 @ 1:24 pm

I am a Leo and I have a really hard time with Capricorn energy, but that is probably because my Aquarius ascendant craves freedom and space to express itself. I agree with Cancer and Scorpio. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are a great couple (he’s a Cancer and she’s a Scorpio). Not so sure about the Libra/Pisces combo or the Libra/Virgo, but a combination of Aquarius and Sagittarius is always a winner and you can’t go wrong with a Leo/Libra love match.

Written By Joanne
on April 15th, 2010 @ 2:57 pm

I am a Virgo and my wife is a Libra. This has been THE greatest relationship. I gound her in areas she wants and needs grounding while she helps me live a more carefree, fun life.

Written By abbee shdwphyre
on April 16th, 2010 @ 10:04 am

I’ve actually been noticing how a Cancer-Scorpio friendship flourishes, & it’s the most loyal bond there is, among these girls I know IRL. But I’ve yet to meet a happy Cancer-Scorpio couple in love. I don’t know anyone yet.

I know a Gemini-Sagittarius married couple, but the wife doesn’t seem to be too happy anymore with the relationship.

I’m Libra & my kid brother’s Virgo, & so far, among all my siblings, I’ve the best relationship with him. He’s very loyal & reliable, & he respects my need for space (I got a pesky Cancer Moon & Scorpio Venus + Mars + Uranus so I’m moody as hell). But for these Virgo girls I know who are serious with their Libra guys, it’s a tug-of-war in Hell for them.

Piscean guys are the most romantic to me, sure, as they’d write me love poems & get all dreamy-eyed when I’m around, but they’re too weak for me, & I end up avoiding them. My Aries ex-fiance has his Ascendant in Pisces, though. He wasn’t weak at all, but we both had our issues, & it was my 1st Saturn return when were supposed to get married! :( (

*sigh*

& I’m not too sure about a Leo-Capricorn love match, but it can work.

Written By Lilyana
on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:38 pm

Apparently as a Taurean I am doomed by Ms Solomn to a life without a perfect partner then?! Woman scorned much? ;OP

Written By Denise
on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:41 pm

Not even on the pairing list… being a Taurus… But I have been married to a Scorpio for the last 11 years… The love of my life!

Written By Caren
on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:43 pm

I am a Cancer and my husband is a Leo. On the surface, our signs don’t mix, but when you get into the other alignments & such, we match perfectly.

Written By sally
on April 16th, 2010 @ 12:58 pm

My huband and I are an odd mix but we get along much better than most couples we’ve met I am a libra october1xth my husband is capricorn january 1st when people ask what signs we are we get the same crazed look its kind of comical to see.love works in mysterious ways Goddess knows what’s best I sure!

Written By Betty
on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:12 pm

good to know I’m alone for a reason. :-( Aquarius can’t love or be loved.
Not all aquarius think they are special or always right. some of us are just as lost & confused as the rest of the world. We might have strange ways but we also have feelings.

Written By Laura
on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:20 pm

I’m a pisces and my husband is a libra. Dont know what his rising sign is (haven’t done his chart yet), but mine is leo. When we first got together, it wasnt possible for me to be any happier with our relationship….I felt like I had to pinch myself to be sure it was real. 2 years have now passed, and we’re on our way back to that…our communication styles differ so vastly that theres been lots of hurt. So yes, it CAN be one of the best pairings, but communication is still crucial…and since I’m very much a dreamer, my husband has a hard time relating as hes soo analytical and nonexpressive of his feelings.

Written By Barbara
on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:34 pm

As an Aquarius, I like Sag’s, but in a love relationship, I’m not overly fond of them. They have a tendency to over-value their freedom above everyone else. I tend to disagree with that attitude, I believe everyone should be free to do what they will, as long as their will is tempered by Love. And therein lies the difference between us. Now the rest of my chart holds the answer to this attitude I have. My Mars, Mercury, and Ascendant are all the same as my Sun. However, my Moon is in Taurus, Venus in Aries, Saturn in Cancer, and Mid-Heaven in Scorpio, so as you can see, I’m not easy to please. However, I find I like Scorp’s and Cancers the best, though I get along with progressive and evolved Aquars – we are better as friends then anything romantic. However, my point is this, what’s in someone’s chart is far more important than just their Sun Sign alone. Best to have a real reading done, just to be sure you’re compatible when the initial energy flow of love and lust becomes aware of the reasons you fell in the first place. You can get them for free online. If you want a recommendation, let me know, I’ll point you in the right direction.

Written By Brenda Lacasse
on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:39 pm

I am a Scropio and my husband is a Libra and this is my best relationship in my life. He knows me like no other and knows how to handle me. We have been together for 18 years and I respect him like no other man. He has taught me so much and is patient and loving.

Written By Kyna
on April 16th, 2010 @ 1:48 pm

I don’t know – I’m Aries & my husband is Pices. We have been friends for over 20 years, married for almost 13 and he’s still my best friend. Sometimes I guess opposites do attract :)

Written By Janet Planet
on April 16th, 2010 @ 3:05 pm

I am Libra with Capricorn rising, have been married to 2 Leos! Also many Libra boyfriends, but somehow those Leos can’t resist me.

Written By Bryn
on April 17th, 2010 @ 5:04 am

I am a Cancer and my boyfriend is a Scorpio. We’ve found a love with each other that is absolutely incredible. :)

Written By Layo
on April 18th, 2010 @ 11:39 pm

I’m an Aquarius and I just married a Cancer. We’ve been together for ten years! He has a heart of gold. I feel like everyone who overlooked him is an idiot. My Moon in Scorpio trines his Sun, Mercury and Venus, and his Moon in Aries sextiles my Sun. My Venus trine his Mars; we both have Jupiter in Sag. That’s key: we agree about the meaning of life, everything else is detail. And he’s calm when I’m spitting fire, and he thinks I’m gorgeous, so that’s all good.

Written By Brandi
on April 19th, 2010 @ 4:12 pm

I’m a Capricorn and my boyfriend is a Leo, we do bump heads sometimes but thats defiantly because as a Capricorn I keep my feelings to myself. But it’s true together we bring out the best in each other and handle situations very well too.

Written By Teri
on April 23rd, 2010 @ 6:13 pm

I am a Scorpio, and, Cancer and I have a history that never ends well. My Mother is a Cancer my Ex ~Best girlfriend and Ex ~best guy friends were cancer.I’ve dated Cancers Briefly… very briefly.
I have many many friends of many different signs(that don’t include Cancer anymore) and they all see how the combination dosn’t match up. You are probably thinking I am a difficult person which may be true in many cases but I have fabulous relationships( Mostly Taurus, Libras and Female Geminis) and am married to a wonderful Aquarius.Sooooooo I have to disagree with the Cancer Scorpio pairing.

Written By little astrolger
on June 18th, 2011 @ 1:53 pm

hahahahaha Only fist one is good other 4 is big jokes………(Aquarius) and (leo) is most powerful love pair, so i m with her in no 1 postion

Written By really
on January 2nd, 2012 @ 7:19 am

I find some of those combos listed to be rather odd. Leo + Capricorn for example?? That is something I have neither heard that works nor seen it either.

Also, why are Pisces + Scorpio not listed? That is supposed to be the all time best match in the zodiac, and is also given pracitcal credibility through the huge marriage compatibility study done in which it was revealed scorpios marry pisces most often,and vice versa, and divorce them least.

Written By Thinking
on July 12th, 2012 @ 11:23 am

Just found this article. To piggyback on Teri’s comment:

I’m a Cancer and one of my exes is a Scorpio. I think this relationship can be one of the most thrilling and fulfilling… if there is a balance.

I’ve been involved on and off with this man for 7 years now, and he’s just a guy I can’t get out of the back of my mind. I know we will never work out, but he’s still.. the most I’ve ever had.

I think the complexity of Scorpio/Cancer is seen best in a relationship. There’s a level of understanding in a sensual sense that I’ve never felt with another sign, in addition to the other positives that come from an ordinary relationship.

But all it takes is one action/comment from either side to take it from the most intense emotional experience to the most smothering. I feel like, on a scale of 1 to 10, this pairing is either a 10 or a 1, and it just depends on the balance of the two individuals’ personalities.

Written By tina
on September 5th, 2012 @ 4:32 am

Hi, I am a Virgo and have been married for almost 8 years to a Gemini. Have two kids but both of us are unhappy as there is no understanding between us. there is nothing common between us. the only thing holding us together is our kids and i dread of a broken marriage.

Tina

Written By rebecca jasmine
on June 8th, 2013 @ 1:03 am

I am Libra and my husband is Gemini we living together almost 8 years, so far so god, enjoyable each other, a lot of laugh, a lot of romance and we are love travelling also. a both of us are moody but we can handle it. I am always feeling happy to him and always miss him and I think he is also. Before married me he had been relationship with Taurean women for 13 years and they had 3 kids, but in the end they split up.
That’s why I am so interested learn about zodiac, believe or not believe but that is true, because married or relationship need two people with different character.

Written By Ingrid
on December 30th, 2013 @ 12:55 pm

I am a Sagittarius and my Gemini man is everything I’ve ever wanted. It’s pretty brand new but I love how slow we’re rushing into it :)

Trackbacks