Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Richard Webster, author of more than seventy-five books, including Astral Travel for Beginners.
A few weeks ago, I met a man who told me heâ€™d been interested in astral travel for many years, but had never managed to leave his physical body. Â I was puzzled, as, over the years, Iâ€™ve helped many people astral travel. Â Some have been able to astral travel immediately, while others have taken weeks or even months. Â However, this was the first time Iâ€™d met someone whoâ€™d apparently tried for years without success.
After chatting with him for a while, I realized why he had not been successful. Â The most important factor in his lack of success was that he liked the idea of astral travel, but wasnâ€™t prepared to spend the necessary time to master it. Â Every now and again heâ€™d make a half-hearted attempt to astral travel, but would give up before he left his physical body. Â When I asked him why he didnâ€™t repeat the experiment on a regular basis, he replied that he was busy, and sometimes months would go by before he tried again. Â To me, this indicated that although he was curious about astral travel, his desire to achieve it was almost non-existent.
I also learned that he used the same method each time he tried to astral travel. Â Although heâ€™d read about other techniques, he hadnâ€™t tried any of them. Â It pays to experiment, as no technique works well for everyone. Â A method that suits you may not work as well for me.
Before he left, I gave him a few suggestions that I hoped would help him to astral travel:
- You must have a strong desire to astral travel.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing, and make sure the room you are in Â is warm enough.
- Protect yourself by visualizing yourself surrounded by pure Â white light.
- Remain positive and confident that you can astral travel.
- You must be persistent, and practice regularly until you Â achieve success.
- You must be prepared to allow it to happen. Â Many people panic as soon as they Â sense a sinking sensation, and this prevents them from achieving their Â goal. Â You must learn to go with Â the sinking sensation and allow it to continue until you find yourself free of Â your physical body.
- Experiment with different methods. Â Astral Travel for Beginners contains fifteen different ways to astral travel.
Although I havenâ€™t seen this man since, Iâ€™m confident that if he applied himself, and practiced regularly, he would quickly master the art of astral traveling. Â I hope these suggestions help you, too.
Our thanks to Richard Webster for his guest post! For more from Richard, visit his author page for a complete listing of his books and articles.