Pisces, The Fish
February 19 to March 20
Keywords: Creative, romantic, sensitive, self-indulgent, lazy, intuitive, dreamy, artistic, sympathetic
As a Pisces you are flexible and adapting to just about any situation (though this can be both a positive and a negative). Sensitive and compassionate, you take pains to ensure the welfare of others, though sometimes to the detriment to your own welfare. You have great creativity, which can manifest itself in any number of ways, from art to ideas. You inspire others. You are idealistic and trusting, looking for the best in everyone; just be careful not to be taken advantage of.
The home life of a Pisces is often chaotic, filled with unexpected visitors and friends when you wanted peace and quiet, but this is due to the fact that your home is a center of communication. As a parent you may be a tad over-protective, and may need to learn how to step back and let children have their own experiences, however imperfect. Pisces individuals dislike being alone and seek out lasting romantic relationships, though for this reason you may hang on to a relationship longer than necessary. You could do well with a Virgo (your opposite sign) or with one of the other earth signs, Taurus and Capricorn. Fellow water signs Cancer and Scorpio could also make good matches, but life with a Gemini or a Sagittarius could upset the stability you crave. Instead of a large circle of acquaintances, you prefer an intimate circle of close friends, who will stand by you throughout the years.
When it comes to careers, Pisceans aren’t likely to be happy sitting behind a desk, unless you have the opportunity learn and travel. You may need to come to terms with the fact that there is no “perfect” career, and that constantly searching out new opportunities is not the answer. You can have a positive impact on may people in your day to day work, bringing out the best in yourself and your coworkers. As a manager, you may be too trusting, however. You have excellent earning potential, but also a tendency to splurge. Lean to conserve and budget, as these skills will serve you well. You could benefit from an inheritance or other major gift from friends or relatives.
Your creative outlets and artistic pursuits keep you centered, and a hobby could always turn into a career.
For the year ahead:
Affirmation: Financial security is my strength and my goal.
- Jupiter began the year in Taurus, where it will be until June 10. Here in your third house, there may be a boost in your communications and your community involvement. Be sure to put boundaries in place if you find yourself overwhelmed.
- Jupiter enters Gemini, your fourth house, on June 11. The following twelve months will bring an increase in get-togethers with friends and family, and perhaps a move or a new home. Be careful with your finances if the latter occurs.
- Uranus continues its seven-transit of Aries, your second house. This means that there will be a lot of attention paid to your personal finances and your spending habits. Uranus, planet of the unexpected, could trigger both expenses and windfalls when you least expect them.
- Saturn spends most of 2012 in Libra, your eighth house. This could mean a restricted household income, and this planetary influence also encourages you to pay down accumulated debt. Saturn moves into Scorpio, your ninth house, toward the end of the year, bringing attention to travel, learning, and possible career changes and advancement.
- Neptune, your planetary ruler, began its long transit of Pisces at the beginning of February. This will be a period of regenerating your faith and self-esteem, though you do need to be careful so that you are not taken advantage of.
- Pluto spends the entire year in Capricorn, where it will transit until 2024. This emphasis on your eleventh house will make your friends a prominent part of your life during these years. This planetary influence is also positive for creating change.