Can a Psychic Predict Death?

on July 30, 2013 | Comments (15)

Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Debra Robinson, author of A Haunted Life.

One of the most common situations I run in to as a psychic is the person who comes along with their friend getting the reading and, when asked if they want one too, they fearfully say, “I don’t want to know.” Usually, when quizzed, they will spill the fear of being told they’ll die. Most people don’t want to know that! Debra Robinson

The truth is, it’s hard to predict physical death. There are certain tarot cards that can represent it, but it’s usually a combination of several cards rather than just one. With palmistry, there can be indicators of “something” dangerous coming, represented by a cutting line or trauma line, or a gap in a line. But, other lines often make up for deficiencies in one particular line, short lines, or broken lines in a hand.

I remember a local story about a group of rowdy teens who went to an area “psychic.” Apparently, one fifteen-year-old girl was told she’d die in a car wreck. She was so traumatized by this that she couldn’t go to school. Her mother wrote to our local paper about it. It didn’t take any psychic abilities to intuit that it was more a case of an irritated psychic than any clairvoyance at work! Still, this was a terrible thing to do to a child. Not long after, the “psychic” closed up shop.

The week before my twenty-four-year-old son was killed by a drunk driver, he asked me for a reading. I was in a hurry, so I looked at his palm and did a quick tarot layout. And I didn’t see his death. I interpreted what I saw as a huge change coming, which fit with what was going on in his life. I’m grateful I didn’t understand what I was seeing; it would’ve been unthinkable. Now, I think that my interpretation wasn’t too far wrong. The biggest change we’ll ever undergo is our transition to the afterlife; I just didn’t realize it was James’s time to make that journey. I’m glad I didn’t see it—it was better left unseen. Maybe God in His mercy holds back our gift at times like these.

My story and his are detailed in my book, A Haunted Life: The True Ghost Story of a Reluctant Psychic. The uncanny “coincidences” leading up to his death and his own clairvoyance about it (the pictures he painted of a giant heart; the song lyrics he wrote—”As close to tortured as I’ve ever been is lying here wondering, if my heart might beat away and away and away”—they all fell into place when we met the man who received James’s heart and he uttered James’s favorite phrase: “It’s all good.”

So, don’t be afraid of a psychic predicting your death. It is difficult, if not impossible to do (not to mention a bad business practice). And many psychics, myself included, believe only a Higher Power is truly privy to this information.

Our thanks to Debra for her guest post! For more from Debra Robinson, read her article “My First Haunted House.”

Written By Diane
on July 30th, 2013 @ 12:34 pm

So well written….thank you, I agree it’s best to leave this prediction alone and leave it to the Mystery. I’m so sorry your son died. My daughter died last year so I DO know this is heart-breaking and one has to go through so many emotions.

My love to you Debra.

Written By Debra
on July 30th, 2013 @ 3:16 pm

Thank you Diane, my condolences to you as well. It is a difficult loss to go through, and feels so unnatural! We are supposed to leave first, as parents. Many blessings to you Diane! Debra

Written By Diana
on July 30th, 2013 @ 5:20 pm

I enjoyed your perspective on this subject. I recently had a client ask me to tell her when she was going to die. I told her that even if I could answer that question she always has free will and can make other plans!
Thanks, Diana

Written By SERAINE
on July 30th, 2013 @ 11:13 pm

YES! I CAN AND HAVE PREDICTED DEATHS IN THE USA
AND ENGLAND AND ALL THE DETAILS AROUND THEM. IT
WAS VERY IMPORTANT IN BOTH SITUATIONS…(1) NEEDED
TO PURCHASE AIR TICKETS HOME TO LONDON AND (2) IT
REALLY WAS A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH. BOTH ARE
DOCUMENTED AND SIGNED.

I AM THE LEADING WORLD’S DEEP TRANCE MEDIUM.

SERAINE

Written By Bella Dixon
on August 11th, 2013 @ 2:11 pm

I have a question. A few years ago my then best friend told me she went to a psychic and they told her that I attempted suicide. She then said she had a dream about it. I’m confused and scared about it. With the article I just read should I dismiss the claims or be alert?

Written By Debra
on August 12th, 2013 @ 9:27 am

Hello; If it was a few years ago, and you did not in fact attempt suicide, I would not be very concerned about it, as many times a psychic can only see/feel one of many possible future outcomes. And as I said, some are not seeing the reality/truth at all.

If in fact you did attempt suicide, and the psychic was given this information, then it would be wise to realize it will be something you must always be aware of in your life going forward, and to treat yourself kindly, and follow up with a medical professional concerning any depression or things of that nature. But it does not mean it will happen again, just that you will need to be aware of it and learn from your past experience with this. Best of luck to you! Debra

Written By Patti
on September 25th, 2013 @ 9:38 pm

I have a question..Went to have my tea leaves read and person predicted my husband was going up, meaning death..Went for a fun night out as the reading was included with dinner..
Cant seem to shake it..She predicted it would happen suddenly when I asked when, she said 5..I said years she didn’t answer…
Very frightened ….
Any insight would be helpful…

Written By Debra Robinson
on September 26th, 2013 @ 12:19 pm

Hello, I would not be too worried about this, number one, because it doesn’t sound as though this “dinner’ was held by a real psychic, and as I mentioned, it is usually not considered good or ethical practice to predict any sort of death-because free will being what it is, all readings can change. Not to mention the fact that God, or whatever higher power you may believe in, is the final say in these things.

I would discount the tea leaf reading, and relax. I was told by a “palm reader” that I would die at age 36, and that was many years ago. But the year I turned 36 was a miserable one, being so worried about it.

Discount the reading, this wasn’t a real prediction. And I would also warn others about this dinner, what fun is such a thing when you can get this kind of reading? Not much! I also just did a quick “look-see” for you, and see something new beginning, an exciting new project, followed by a well deserve period of rest or vacation, and a time of relaxation and quiet reflection in the next few years. Good luck, Debra

Written By patti
on September 27th, 2013 @ 10:40 am

Thank you Debra for your beautiful response.. I appreciate it.. I will speak to the owner of the restaurant as the tea leaf reading is included with the dinner… I know she has some followers because some of her predictions have come true. But to predict someones passing is totally unethical and as you stated only a Higher Power is privy to this.

Thanks again, and many blessings to you..

Patti

Written By Janice
on January 5th, 2014 @ 3:29 pm

Hello, I had been to the same reader, 3 times in one year. I had not asked, or discussed my family member, she was sick. I was given the age of death. That is all I was given.

I was also told that someone that was negative towards me “might be gone, so I would not have to worry” I did not ask about this person. I was not worried, and would not wish anything bad on this person, or anyone else. So much info is given in the readings, and this info was so matter of fact. You can’t ask questions later, you can only make a new appt. These two things came up in my third appt.

Written By silvana burrows
on March 16th, 2014 @ 8:57 pm

Hi Debra, my sister in law just told me that she saw a physic when she was 20 years old, she is now 37. The physic told her that she would marry someone with the letter S, she would have 3 kids, that she would have more money than she could imagine and she wouldn’t have to work for it, and that she wouldn’t live a long life. Well she married my brother Simon, she has 3 kids and my brother has a successful business which my sister in law did not work for. So we are now scared about the not living a long life part. Can the physic predict this?

Written By Debra
on March 17th, 2014 @ 12:41 pm

Hello;

That can be scary, when they see things like that. I am still a firm believer that free will, and changes on our own part, can change most outcomes in either direction. Sometimes psychics can see a “direction” someone is headed, and if they do not make a change, dying young can be a result. (Such as smoking, to use a common easy one)

Others may see something in cards, or clairvoyantly which give them the idea that something may be a problem in the future. This still doesn’t allow for free will to step in and change the outcome, in my opinion.

Tell your sister to use all the common sense precautions she knows are the right thing to do. If the psychic saw a ‘direction” she was going, your sisters own free will can change that easily. And perhaps if this psychic ‘saw” this direction, she mentioned it, just to make your sister change some of her ways, which she has already done after being told this.

Tell her not to worry, live “as if”, wisely, as she would if she believed this prediction, and I believe all will go well for her.

Written By silvana burrows
on March 18th, 2014 @ 1:08 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond and clarify, you are right it is very scary. Thanks again, I really do appreciate your advice.