- When antibiotics fail, homeopathic remedies will still work. Germs can never develop a resistance to homeopathic remedies.
The remedies do not kill the germs directly, but rather, they stimulate the immune system to do the healing. For the last two hundred years, homeopaths have cured meningitis, endocarditis, pneumonia, nephritis, tuberculosis, plague, and venereal diseases using homeopathic remedies alone.
Homeopathic remedies are effective against viruses, but antibiotics are not. In 1918, the worldwide influenza epidemic killed over twenty million people, and over five hundred thousand in the United States. At a time when survival rates were 70% with conventional medicine, they were 98% with homeopathy.
Some other viral diseases are Ebola, Hantavirus, viral pneumonia, viral hepatitis, yellow fever, dengue fever, mumps, chickenpox, measles, herpes simplex and zoster, and mononucleosis.
- Homeopathy is affordable—homeopathic remedies cost about eight cents per dose. Thousands of people could be treated during an emergency for just a few dollars. The antibiotic used to treat sepsis infections costs $4,000 for one day's treatment. The equivalent homeopathic remedies cost 8 cents per dose.
- You can begin prescribing without a diagnosis. Homeopathic remedies are prescribed based on the person's symptoms. You don’t have to know the name of the disease. This is especially important when new or exotic diseases arise.
- Homeopathic remedies are extremely safe and free of chemical side effects. By following a few simple rules, any intelligent person can use the remedies without danger. Prescription drugs, on the other hand, are not safe for amateurs. In fact, they are quite dangerous even when used by doctors. A recent study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association (April 15,1998) concluded that prescription drugs, properly prescribed and properly taken, are between the fourth and sixth leading cause of death in the United States (after heart attack, stroke, and cancer). The study found that prescription drugs kill over one hundred thousand Americans a year.
- Homeopathic remedies can be used prophylactically, much like vaccines. Thousands of people could be inoculated quickly and cheaply if an epidemic threatened. A remedy made from the chick pea (Lathyrus) has been used with great success during polio epidemics.
- People who are allergic to antibiotics and other drugs can still use homeopathic remedies. Homeopathic remedies can substitute for almost all conventional drugs.
- You can heal faster. Conventional drugs can relieve pain or reduce inflammation, but they don't speed healing. All homeopathic remedies, when properly selected, speed the healing process.
- You can sometimes avoid surgery. Polyps, tonsillitis, hemorrhoids, ulcers, abscesses, gall bladder problems, and more, often yield to homeopathic treatment. Surgery is always an option, but when possible, why not try a less invasive method first?
- Homeopathic remedies remove toxins from the body. Conventional drugs increase the toxic load.
Excerpted from Homeopathy: An A to Z Home Handbook, by Alan V. Schmukler