Learn everything you need to know about setting up and running your own Wiccan covenincluding how you can use aspects of astrology to help guide youwhen you get The Witch's Circle (previously titled Circle of the Cosmic Muse) by Maria Kay Simms.
Although there are many excellent guides to setting up covens, The Witch's Circle is by far the most complete. It covers all of the theory and practice you need to run a coven:
- The New Renaissance of spirituality and how it relates to astrological ages
- The ethics and practice of contemporary Wicca
- Magick: theory, healing, protection, raising energy, and more
- The order and parts of ritual
- Astrology and ritual
- Rituals for the eight Sabbats
- Full Moon rituals for a year: the astrological moons
- Other rituals including: handfasting, memorials, healing, cleansing and charging a place, and more
- How to find or start a circle
- Making ritual accessories including robes, wreaths, masks, and wands
- Herbs and oils
- Music for ritual, including over two dozen songs and chants
The Witch's Circle is a serious Wiccan Book of Shadows that will teach you to incorporate the archetypes of astrology into your practice. Wicca and astrology together create a potent tool for understanding the dualities of the Wheel of the Yearand for expressing them in powerful new ways.
The Witch's Circle is the only book of rituals that uses the deep insights of astrology to unlock the ancient spiritual mysteries of Wicca. This unique joining of Wicca and astrology is key to deciphering the hidden symbolism of Wicca and enriching your spiritual practice.
Written by a High Priestess-astrologer of an active Wiccan coven, the living rituals presented in The Witch's Circle are the first of their kind. You can practice them to express the vital energy underlying each Pagan celebrationand to experience Wicca more fully than you ever have before.
Sarah is creating a healing pouch to give to a friend who has been ill with a respiratory infection as of late. In the tiny, blue, cotton drawstring bag she crumbles some dried cedar bark she took off a nearby tree and shiitake mushrooms from the store, along with a few chips of amethyst bought at the local New Age shop. She then gives this to her... read this article