November / December / Gift Guide 2013 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
This article was written by Carl Llewellyn Weschcke on November 30, -0001
posted under Muladhara
The root chakra located at the base of spine, color red, associated planet Saturn, associated with the Sephirah Malkuth. It is home to Kundalini, and sexual energy.
For each of the seven major chakras (see Chakra entry) there are established correspondences (associated energies and symbols) that expand our understanding of the chakra.
Base Chakra (Muladhara) Correspondences
- Alchemical Planet: Saturn
- Alchemical Element: Lead Tattva: Prithivi (Earth)
- Animal: Bull, elephant, ox
- Body Function: Elimination
- Sense: Smell
- Basic Drive: Security
- Psychological Attribute: Solidarity
- Element: Earth
- Gemstone: Ruby, garnet, lodestone
- Incense: Cedar
- Gland: Adrenals
- God-form: Greek—Gaia, Demeter; Egyptian—Geb; Hindu—Bala Brahma [Child-God]
- Goddess-form: Hindu—Dakini [ Security]
- Tattva color: Yellow
- Tattva form: Square
- Chakra Color: Red
- Order of chakra unfoldment: 1st
- Tattva Sense: Smell
- Yogic Planet: Saturn
- Bija Mantra: LuNG, LuM
- Yantra (internal) Blue Square
- Location: Base of spine
- Part of Body: Between anus & genitals
- Psychic Power: pain control, psychometry, dowsing, telekinesis
- Spinal Joint: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Spinal Location: 4th Sacral
- Tarot Key: XXI, World
- Tarot Suit: Pentacles
- Tree of Life Sephiroth: Malkuth
Source: Slate, J. & Weschcke, C.: The Llewellyn Complete Guide to Psychic Empowerment, 2011, Llewellyn
Why would anyone want to get out of their tarot comfort zone? If you are in your comfort zone, you are likely to be stable and confident and therefore able to do solid and dependable readings. Rituals and regular processes help ground readers and prepare the mind to begin the important work of interpreting the cards. We spend so much time finding... read this article
Most recent posts:
A Great Loss: Colin Wilson Passes
It was 35 years ago. A young and dumb kid—we'd call him a "geek" today—went to the newsstand to pick up some of the latest issues of Thor, The...Martial Arts and the Holidays
Many years ago I briefly studied Kung Fu with one of the great masters of the art who, at the time, was teaching in the San Fernando Valley of...What is the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot?
Many decks published today are identified, in part, as being based on the Rider-Waite-Smith Tarot (RWS) or as not being based on it. That...