Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
This article was written by Carl Llewellyn Weschcke on November 30, -0001
posted under Muladhara
The root chakra located at the base of spine, color red, associated planet Saturn, associated with the Sephirah Malkuth. It is home to Kundalini, and sexual energy.
For each of the seven major chakras (see Chakra entry) there are established correspondences (associated energies and symbols) that expand our understanding of the chakra.
Base Chakra (Muladhara) Correspondences
- Alchemical Planet: Saturn
- Alchemical Element: Lead Tattva: Prithivi (Earth)
- Animal: Bull, elephant, ox
- Body Function: Elimination
- Sense: Smell
- Basic Drive: Security
- Psychological Attribute: Solidarity
- Element: Earth
- Gemstone: Ruby, garnet, lodestone
- Incense: Cedar
- Gland: Adrenals
- God-form: Greek—Gaia, Demeter; Egyptian—Geb; Hindu—Bala Brahma [Child-God]
- Goddess-form: Hindu—Dakini [ Security]
- Tattva color: Yellow
- Tattva form: Square
- Chakra Color: Red
- Order of chakra unfoldment: 1st
- Tattva Sense: Smell
- Yogic Planet: Saturn
- Bija Mantra: LuNG, LuM
- Yantra (internal) Blue Square
- Location: Base of spine
- Part of Body: Between anus & genitals
- Psychic Power: pain control, psychometry, dowsing, telekinesis
- Spinal Joint: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Spinal Location: 4th Sacral
- Tarot Key: XXI, World
- Tarot Suit: Pentacles
- Tree of Life Sephiroth: Malkuth
Source: Slate, J. & Weschcke, C.: The Llewellyn Complete Guide to Psychic Empowerment, 2011, Llewellyn
I am often asked how I catch some of the most incredible evidence ever captured on a battlefield. It is relatively simple, but many people are not willing to do what is necessary to capture a paranormal event. If, however, you are one of those rare individuals who not only want to experience the paranormal, but capture it—read on!
As a means of... read this article
Most recent posts:
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Patrick Burke, co-author of the new Ghost Soldiers of Gettysburg.
As an expert on battlefield and...Samhain Thoughts...
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Sonja Sadovsky, author of the new Priestess and the Pen.
The wheel turns, and another Samhain is...Empowering Readings, part 1
When someone asks “what if” they are usually worried about the outcome of something they are considering doing. They may be looking for assurances...