July/August 2015 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
This article was written by Carl Llewellyn Weschcke on November 30, -0001
posted under Muladhara
The root chakra located at the base of spine, color red, associated planet Saturn, associated with the Sephirah Malkuth. It is home to Kundalini, and sexual energy.
For each of the seven major chakras (see Chakra entry) there are established correspondences (associated energies and symbols) that expand our understanding of the chakra.
Base Chakra (Muladhara) Correspondences
- Alchemical Planet: Saturn
- Alchemical Element: Lead Tattva: Prithivi (Earth)
- Animal: Bull, elephant, ox
- Body Function: Elimination
- Sense: Smell
- Basic Drive: Security
- Psychological Attribute: Solidarity
- Element: Earth
- Gemstone: Ruby, garnet, lodestone
- Incense: Cedar
- Gland: Adrenals
- God-form: Greek—Gaia, Demeter; Egyptian—Geb; Hindu—Bala Brahma [Child-God]
- Goddess-form: Hindu—Dakini [ Security]
- Tattva color: Yellow
- Tattva form: Square
- Chakra Color: Red
- Order of chakra unfoldment: 1st
- Tattva Sense: Smell
- Yogic Planet: Saturn
- Bija Mantra: LuNG, LuM
- Yantra (internal) Blue Square
- Location: Base of spine
- Part of Body: Between anus & genitals
- Psychic Power: pain control, psychometry, dowsing, telekinesis
- Spinal Joint: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Spinal Location: 4th Sacral
- Tarot Key: XXI, World
- Tarot Suit: Pentacles
- Tree of Life Sephiroth: Malkuth
Source: Slate, J. & Weschcke, C.: The Llewellyn Complete Guide to Psychic Empowerment, 2011, Llewellyn
I talk to people about tarot all the time, and one of the things I hear a lot is, "Oh, I'm not good at tarot," or, "I've tried and it just doesn't work for me," or, "I just don't feel it with the cards."
Well, first of all, you might not feel it, and that's okay. I grew up playing cards, from Go Fish through Hearts and Gin Rummy, everyone in my... read this article
Most recent posts:
Pages in the Tarot
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Deborah Lipp, author of The Elements of Ritual, The Way of Four, The Way of Four Spellbook, Merry Meet...Does the Bible Outlaw Magick?
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Aaron Leitch, author of several books, including Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires, The Angelical...Respect Is a Necessity When Hunting Ghosts
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Richard Southall, author of How to Be a Ghost Hunter, Haunted Route 66, and the new Haunted Plantations...