March / April 2014 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
This article was written by Carl Llewellyn Weschcke on November 30, -0001
posted under Muladhara
The root chakra located at the base of spine, color red, associated planet Saturn, associated with the Sephirah Malkuth. It is home to Kundalini, and sexual energy.
For each of the seven major chakras (see Chakra entry) there are established correspondences (associated energies and symbols) that expand our understanding of the chakra.
Base Chakra (Muladhara) Correspondences
- Alchemical Planet: Saturn
- Alchemical Element: Lead Tattva: Prithivi (Earth)
- Animal: Bull, elephant, ox
- Body Function: Elimination
- Sense: Smell
- Basic Drive: Security
- Psychological Attribute: Solidarity
- Element: Earth
- Gemstone: Ruby, garnet, lodestone
- Incense: Cedar
- Gland: Adrenals
- God-form: Greek—Gaia, Demeter; Egyptian—Geb; Hindu—Bala Brahma [Child-God]
- Goddess-form: Hindu—Dakini [ Security]
- Tattva color: Yellow
- Tattva form: Square
- Chakra Color: Red
- Order of chakra unfoldment: 1st
- Tattva Sense: Smell
- Yogic Planet: Saturn
- Bija Mantra: LuNG, LuM
- Yantra (internal) Blue Square
- Location: Base of spine
- Part of Body: Between anus & genitals
- Psychic Power: pain control, psychometry, dowsing, telekinesis
- Spinal Joint: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Spinal Location: 4th Sacral
- Tarot Key: XXI, World
- Tarot Suit: Pentacles
- Tree of Life Sephiroth: Malkuth
Source: Slate, J. & Weschcke, C.: The Llewellyn Complete Guide to Psychic Empowerment, 2011, Llewellyn
Spring arrives, and it's that time for awakening to fresh ideas, new beginnings, and innovative growth. Inspiration for new ideas often comes through creative action. Once the ball starts rolling, it's easier to energize your ideas and plans for this next cycle. The elementals of the gemstone kingdom can help you through their vibration and color... read this article
Most recent posts:
Reiki: Yay or Nay?!
Okay you guys and gals, there's a conversation that started this week that I'm sure many many more voices can chime in on! In the world of...365 Tarot Spreads
With her usual style and charm grounded in research and tarot knowledge, Sasha Graham, author of Tarot Diva, brings us her latest:
365 Tarot...How Can a Blind Person Practice Visualization?
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Jean-Louis de Biasi, author of Secrets and Practices of the Freemasons, The Divine Arcana of the Aurum...