November/December 2014 Gift Guide Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
This article was written by Carl Llewellyn Weschcke on November 30, -0001
posted under Muladhara
The root chakra located at the base of spine, color red, associated planet Saturn, associated with the Sephirah Malkuth. It is home to Kundalini, and sexual energy.
For each of the seven major chakras (see Chakra entry) there are established correspondences (associated energies and symbols) that expand our understanding of the chakra.
Base Chakra (Muladhara) Correspondences
- Alchemical Planet: Saturn
- Alchemical Element: Lead Tattva: Prithivi (Earth)
- Animal: Bull, elephant, ox
- Body Function: Elimination
- Sense: Smell
- Basic Drive: Security
- Psychological Attribute: Solidarity
- Element: Earth
- Gemstone: Ruby, garnet, lodestone
- Incense: Cedar
- Gland: Adrenals
- God-form: Greek—Gaia, Demeter; Egyptian—Geb; Hindu—Bala Brahma [Child-God]
- Goddess-form: Hindu—Dakini [ Security]
- Tattva color: Yellow
- Tattva form: Square
- Chakra Color: Red
- Order of chakra unfoldment: 1st
- Tattva Sense: Smell
- Yogic Planet: Saturn
- Bija Mantra: LuNG, LuM
- Yantra (internal) Blue Square
- Location: Base of spine
- Part of Body: Between anus & genitals
- Psychic Power: pain control, psychometry, dowsing, telekinesis
- Spinal Joint: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Spinal Location: 4th Sacral
- Tarot Key: XXI, World
- Tarot Suit: Pentacles
- Tree of Life Sephiroth: Malkuth
Source: Slate, J. & Weschcke, C.: The Llewellyn Complete Guide to Psychic Empowerment, 2011, Llewellyn
When Lo Scarabeo asked me to create a Pagan-based casting kit, I was excited for a number of reasons. I love crystals. I love challenges. I loved the idea of creating a system that is complete in itself but also open to expansion and personalization.
Although I wasn't sure what the kit and packaging would look like (sometimes a lot gets lost... read this article
Most recent posts:
The Spiritual Work of Winter
Winter is a time that we, in the Northern Hemisphere, naturally turn inward. Well, I should say that it would be the perfect time to turn inward, but...To Fly in the Clouds, to Walk on the Water: The Grimoires and Magickal Super Powers
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Aaron Leitch, author of several books, including Secrets of the Magickal Grimoires, The Angelical...3 Reasons to Be Self-Compassionate--And 1 Way to Do It
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Catherine Dowling, author of the new Radical Awareness.
Compassion flows from spiritual experiences....