March / April 2014 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
The Three of Cups
This article was written on September 23, 2008 posted under Tarot
Astrological correspondence: Mercury in Cancer (excited emotions).
Image: Three women each hold a Cup aloft as they dance together in a vegetable garden.
Key Phrase: Celebration within the group.
Statement: “I enjoy sharing myself among my family, friends, and acquaintances. I heal and am healed within their atmosphere.”
Quotation: “Friendship, like the immortality of the soul, is too good to be believed.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Friendship")
Major Obstacle: The ego, because of antisocial behavior, feels like an outcast.
The Three of Cups in a Reading
Efforts of individuals brought to a common purpose.
- Solace from belonging to a group; inclusion.
- Beneficial group activity.
- Celebration with friends.
- Relationships grow.
- Communication; views expressed with sensitivity (Mercury in Cancer).
- Disillusionment (with the group).
- Cult activity.
- Emotional pain caused by those close.
- Unexpected harshness and insensitivity from acquaintances.
- Failure to establish agreement.
- Conflicts with friends; quarrels (Mercury in Cancer, afflicted).
- The company of others can be a great source of enjoyment.
- The Three of Cups emphasizes the idea that “no man is an island.”
- It is important to appreciate those around you; taking people for granted eventually leads to emotional isolation.
- Activity within the group encourages fellowship, an excellent resource for movement along the path.
From Tarot Awareness by Stephen Walter Sterling
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
Spring arrives, and it's that time for awakening to fresh ideas, new beginnings, and innovative growth. Inspiration for new ideas often comes through creative action. Once the ball starts rolling, it's easier to energize your ideas and plans for this next cycle. The elementals of the gemstone kingdom can help you through their vibration and color... read this article
Most recent posts:
365 Tarot Spreads
With her usual style and charm grounded in research and tarot knowledge, Sasha Graham, author of Tarot Diva, brings us her latest:
365 Tarot...How Can a Blind Person Practice Visualization?
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Jean-Louis de Biasi, author of Secrets and Practices of the Freemasons, The Divine Arcana of the Aurum...The Tail of a Book Cover
Have you ever wondered how Llewellyn comes up with some of its beautiful cover designs? Today, to celebrate the release of The Witch’s Broom by...