September/October 2016 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
The Three of Cups
This article was written by Stephen Sterling
posted under Tarot
Astrological correspondence: Mercury in Cancer (excited emotions).
Image: Three women each hold a Cup aloft as they dance together in a vegetable garden.
Key Phrase: Celebration within the group.
Statement: “I enjoy sharing myself among my family, friends, and acquaintances. I heal and am healed within their atmosphere.”
Quotation: “Friendship, like the immortality of the soul, is too good to be believed.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Friendship")
Major Obstacle: The ego, because of antisocial behavior, feels like an outcast.
The Three of Cups in a Reading
Efforts of individuals brought to a common purpose.
- Solace from belonging to a group; inclusion.
- Beneficial group activity.
- Celebration with friends.
- Relationships grow.
- Communication; views expressed with sensitivity (Mercury in Cancer).
- Disillusionment (with the group).
- Cult activity.
- Emotional pain caused by those close.
- Unexpected harshness and insensitivity from acquaintances.
- Failure to establish agreement.
- Conflicts with friends; quarrels (Mercury in Cancer, afflicted).
- The company of others can be a great source of enjoyment.
- The Three of Cups emphasizes the idea that “no man is an island.”
- It is important to appreciate those around you; taking people for granted eventually leads to emotional isolation.
- Activity within the group encourages fellowship, an excellent resource for movement along the path.
From Tarot Awareness by Stephen Walter Sterling
Stephen Walter Sterling (California) received a Bachelor's degree in Psychology from San Francisco State University. He has applied this academic training in his work as a Certified Hypnotherapist. Teaching and providing spiritual counseling... Read more
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
To feel good, you have to jump into a vibration of the positive. You have to choose to be abundant in joy. You have to focus on your true reality of dazzling freedom. You have to make a choice to sparkle and let go of your fears.
The only things that stop you from fealing amazing one hundred percent of the time are fear and lack. These are part... read this article
Most recent posts:
One of the main reasons people turn to tarot is because they want answers, clarity, and guidance. Driven by that need, we want to desperately...7 Ways to Stress Less
This past Sunday, I ran across a Buzzfeed post with 7 ways to help you stress less during the coming week. As a Type-A person who battles...Letting the Past Speak
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Rich Newman, author of The Ghost Hunter's Field Guide, Ghost Hunting for Beginners, Devil in the Delta,...