New Worlds Spring/Summer 2013 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
The Three of Cups
This article was written on September 23, 2008 posted under Tarot
Astrological correspondence: Mercury in Cancer (excited emotions).
Image: Three women each hold a Cup aloft as they dance together in a vegetable garden.
Key Phrase: Celebration within the group.
Statement: “I enjoy sharing myself among my family, friends, and acquaintances. I heal and am healed within their atmosphere.”
Quotation: “Friendship, like the immortality of the soul, is too good to be believed.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Friendship")
Major Obstacle: The ego, because of antisocial behavior, feels like an outcast.
The Three of Cups in a Reading
Efforts of individuals brought to a common purpose.
- Solace from belonging to a group; inclusion.
- Beneficial group activity.
- Celebration with friends.
- Relationships grow.
- Communication; views expressed with sensitivity (Mercury in Cancer).
- Disillusionment (with the group).
- Cult activity.
- Emotional pain caused by those close.
- Unexpected harshness and insensitivity from acquaintances.
- Failure to establish agreement.
- Conflicts with friends; quarrels (Mercury in Cancer, afflicted).
- The company of others can be a great source of enjoyment.
- The Three of Cups emphasizes the idea that “no man is an island.”
- It is important to appreciate those around you; taking people for granted eventually leads to emotional isolation.
- Activity within the group encourages fellowship, an excellent resource for movement along the path.
From Tarot Awareness by Stephen Walter Sterling
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
"The soul comes from without into the human body, as into a temporary abode, and it goes out of it anew…it passes into other habitations, for the soul is immortal." - Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-82)
Have you lived before?
The answer to that question is yes. As a human soul you have lived before; many of us have even experienced many lifetimes... read this article
Most recent posts:
Is the Wiccan Rede Ethical? (Part II)
I'd like to begin by thanking everyone who commented on my previous post concerning the Wiccan Rede. All of the comments received on it, save one,...Is the Wiccan Rede Ethical?
Modern Paganism embraces a wide variety of spiritual traditions. One of the challenges of these traditions is that in some instances they are not...Illuminati 9 of Swords
Each week this month, we are taking a look at the Tarot Illuminati by Eric Dunne and Kim Huggens.
The 9 of Swords is not really my favorite to get...