May/June 2015 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
The Three of Cups
This article was written on September 23, 2008 posted under Tarot
Astrological correspondence: Mercury in Cancer (excited emotions).
Image: Three women each hold a Cup aloft as they dance together in a vegetable garden.
Key Phrase: Celebration within the group.
Statement: “I enjoy sharing myself among my family, friends, and acquaintances. I heal and am healed within their atmosphere.”
Quotation: “Friendship, like the immortality of the soul, is too good to be believed.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Friendship")
Major Obstacle: The ego, because of antisocial behavior, feels like an outcast.
The Three of Cups in a Reading
Efforts of individuals brought to a common purpose.
- Solace from belonging to a group; inclusion.
- Beneficial group activity.
- Celebration with friends.
- Relationships grow.
- Communication; views expressed with sensitivity (Mercury in Cancer).
- Disillusionment (with the group).
- Cult activity.
- Emotional pain caused by those close.
- Unexpected harshness and insensitivity from acquaintances.
- Failure to establish agreement.
- Conflicts with friends; quarrels (Mercury in Cancer, afflicted).
- The company of others can be a great source of enjoyment.
- The Three of Cups emphasizes the idea that “no man is an island.”
- It is important to appreciate those around you; taking people for granted eventually leads to emotional isolation.
- Activity within the group encourages fellowship, an excellent resource for movement along the path.
From Tarot Awareness by Stephen Walter Sterling
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
When I ask people about their dreams, many times they will recount experiences of crazy landscapes where anything can happen (and probably will). But more often than not, what I hear about is the regularly recurring, repetitive dream that has haunted the dreamer their entire life; I hear over and over again from people that they "always dream of... read this article
Most recent posts:
The Soul Needs Time
Nancy Antenucci’s book Psychic Tarot is filled with great ways to enhance your connection to the cards and to spirit.
It is also filled with...The Art of Changing
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Tiffany Lazic, author of the new The Great Work: Self-Knowledge and Healing Through the Wheel of the...Using Imagery for Manifestation
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Melissa Harris, author of the new 99 Keys to a Creative Life.
I hope this writing finds you in a...