Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
The Three of Cups
This article was written on September 23, 2008 posted under Tarot
Astrological correspondence: Mercury in Cancer (excited emotions).
Image: Three women each hold a Cup aloft as they dance together in a vegetable garden.
Key Phrase: Celebration within the group.
Statement: “I enjoy sharing myself among my family, friends, and acquaintances. I heal and am healed within their atmosphere.”
Quotation: “Friendship, like the immortality of the soul, is too good to be believed.” (Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Friendship")
Major Obstacle: The ego, because of antisocial behavior, feels like an outcast.
The Three of Cups in a Reading
Efforts of individuals brought to a common purpose.
- Solace from belonging to a group; inclusion.
- Beneficial group activity.
- Celebration with friends.
- Relationships grow.
- Communication; views expressed with sensitivity (Mercury in Cancer).
- Disillusionment (with the group).
- Cult activity.
- Emotional pain caused by those close.
- Unexpected harshness and insensitivity from acquaintances.
- Failure to establish agreement.
- Conflicts with friends; quarrels (Mercury in Cancer, afflicted).
- The company of others can be a great source of enjoyment.
- The Three of Cups emphasizes the idea that “no man is an island.”
- It is important to appreciate those around you; taking people for granted eventually leads to emotional isolation.
- Activity within the group encourages fellowship, an excellent resource for movement along the path.
From Tarot Awareness by Stephen Walter Sterling
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
I am often asked how I catch some of the most incredible evidence ever captured on a battlefield. It is relatively simple, but many people are not willing to do what is necessary to capture a paranormal event. If, however, you are one of those rare individuals who not only want to experience the paranormal, but capture it—read on!
As a means of... read this article
Most recent posts:
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Patrick Burke, co-author of the new Ghost Soldiers of Gettysburg.
As an expert on battlefield and...Samhain Thoughts...
Readers, please enjoy this guest blog post by Sonja Sadovsky, author of the new Priestess and the Pen.
The wheel turns, and another Samhain is...Empowering Readings, part 1
When someone asks “what if” they are usually worried about the outcome of something they are considering doing. They may be looking for assurances...