January/February 2017 Issue
Get the FREE app for your tablet and mobile device. Now available in the iTunes Store and the Google Play Store
Also available as a PDF File.
Click for more information about New Worlds or to receive issues via mail.
Goddess Archetype Tarot Spread
This article was written by Llewellyn
posted under Tarot
This is a fun way of exploring the feminine archetypes in the Tarot, world mythology, and within yourself—regardless of your gender. I encourage you to do this
spread even if you are still shy of interpreting the cards: the sooner you begin to
get used to the process of reading, the sooner you will improve. If you have to use a book to give yourself a head start on the meanings feel free, but try your best to
interpret the card images intuitively.
From Tarot 101, by Kim Huggens
- Mother: What do you nurture? How do you create?
- Virgin: What is a mystery to you? How do you celebrate your image?
- Siren: What attracts others to you? How can you celebrate your sexuality?
- Sorceress: What do you control and manipulate? How can you change your
- Wise woman: What do you know deeply? How can you share your knowledge?
- Fairy Godmother: What gifts can you give to the world and others? How do
others approach you?
- Wife: What are you married to? How do you devote yourself to things?
- Hag: What in you is ugly and terrifying? How can you redeem this monster?
- Amazon: What would you fight for? How can you develop your courage and
Please note that the use of Llewellyn Journal articles
is subject to certain Terms and Conditions
Name one religion or type of spiritual system that doesn't incorporate music into its worship services in some way.
It's not easy, is it?
From singing hymns to beating drums, and from the rhythmic chanting of prayers to the soaring organ fugues of Bach, music is a spiritual tool that connects mind and body to the divine spirit.
While country... read this article