Spell A Day
The Rebirth of Light Spell for Hanukkah
Spell Date: Monday, December 10, 2001
As the Winter Solstice approaches, a major theme in world magic is luring back the power of light in its many forms. To bring light back into your life, use either a Hanukkah menorah or nine taper candles, and, while in complete darkness, light them one at a time saying the following:
1) A hint of light in darkness glows,
2) Waxing slowly, the light, it grows,
3) The cover of darkness shall banished be
4) As in time each season must fade and flee.
5) A balance is found in dark and light,
6) But now the victor is the Sun God’s might.
7) Sacred flame that burns and sizzles bright
8) Burn in me as darkness bows to light.
9) The season turns yet once again; I open the portal to let light in.
This post was written by Edain McCoy
on December 10, 2001
© This page is for the enjoyment of visitors to Llewellyn.com, and is the copyrighted
intellectual property of Llewellyn Worldwide Ltd. You may post a link to this page, but no
part of it may be used or reproduced without permission.